visual imposition tip

tulpamancer31

Question

basically what you do is you take a pen or pencil or your finger or some other small stick like thing, then you "draw" or "write" with it in the air and see the words/pictures show up as a invisible image in front of you.(you could probably see them in color and solidity too if you were more advanced.)

Not recommended for beginners,best to have at least 50 hours of visual imposition training done beforehand.

"October 1st 2014 8:00pm Central time US, unknowing innocent 4channer Mariothefatplumber known now as tulpamancer31 on these lovely  forums, has just stepped into a world of pure imagination and wonder,something that he maybe should have tried to understand a little bit better before jumping headfirst into, mario has crossed over into the tulpamancing zone, better known as section E,Subsection 14, and division 2 and a third, of the Twilight Zone."

9 answers to this question

And why would it be best to have "at least 50 hours of visual imposition training done beforehand"? Where are you getting that from?

I am questioning this time limit as well and why it's not beginner friendly.

I also wonder how this "tip" differs much from normal imposition. A tip doesn't have to be anything amazing, true, but I just don't know if this really is much different from what people already do and if it will make a difference. Can you shine some light on how this tip makes things easier?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

In my belief, drawing or doing any activities of the sort can really help with enforcing visualization, because in some ways, in the case your mind tends to blank out when it comes to visualization (which is an understandable issue at first), getting used to doing the whole muscle memory thing via drawing can aid you to remember well the specific form, and how it's really coming into the whole spectrum of perception of the tulpa's form; how the eye's form makes any sense, perhaps the curves would help. It's a nice tip, but it needs more depth, I suppose. A time limit is not ideal at all in my opinion.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

It is a good tip, but the hour count thing seems a bit forced. It is something I started with, personally, since it is an easy enough exercise to to start with. And makes for a pretty solid "warm-up" too.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Some grammar mistakes and such, I also reccomend making this newbie-friendly.

(Also good to see you're alive)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

[Tri] This is a useful tip. That said, there are some issues with how the tip is currently written.

50 hours is arbitrary. After all, some people have an easier time doing it than that and some have a much harder time. A better way to say that someone needs to have some experience first is to say that "If you can do X, Y, and/or Z; then you are probably ready for this tip." for some skill/s and/or other benchmarks X, Y, and Z. Say, if you can visually impose a point light source (doesn't have to do imposed illumination on the surroundings) or some other X, Y, and Z. Having such things to say when someone is ready is not a bad thing. After all, if someone is not ready for it and they try it, they will only find frustration. Just, one has to think very carefully about what criteria one should use to determine if one is ready or not.

One other thing we just thought about. This tip actually leads to another use for it. Say a person can visually impose objects but they are slightly malformed. Doing the writing technique to the imposed object might help in fixing the imposition, though this is not something we have tested. Seems like something worth trying.

Basically, this is a useful tip and it could lead to even more places, but there are problems with the way it is written, specifically in how you specify when someone is ready to do it.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

{look i think you guys take the whole "hour count" thing to...well literally.all its meant to be is a timeframe that the average person can use you know? it's not like they have to actually count out fifty exact hours. just that thats about how long it took mario to do it and he wants to give a rough estimate of how long it will take. there's no harm in that right? and even if the person can do it before they feel like fifty hours has passed then...well great! its not some concrete rule..its just a estimated timeframe to alieviate anxiety and teach patience.} {}=arin(tulpa) speaking

"October 1st 2014 8:00pm Central time US, unknowing innocent 4channer Mariothefatplumber known now as tulpamancer31 on these lovely  forums, has just stepped into a world of pure imagination and wonder,something that he maybe should have tried to understand a little bit better before jumping headfirst into, mario has crossed over into the tulpamancing zone, better known as section E,Subsection 14, and division 2 and a third, of the Twilight Zone."

I don't see why brackets is the one to respond, but maybe it doesn't matter too much. Like Sands, I don't really see how this differs from what most people are already doing with visual imposition, so I'd also like to know how this could be useful. Why is this tip not recommended for beginners? You say that it's 'best to have at least 50 hours of visual imposition training done beforehand', but you haven't really explained why - it seems like these hour counts in guides only make room for more anxiety.

I don't see why brackets is the one to respond, but maybe it doesn't matter too much.

One thing about it that does matter, however:

•[badging] {is} -not- \allowed\ |in| /the/ `forums`. Use something like Name: "Text" instead.

Anyway. You tell us not to take things literally. This is your written tip though. What else don't you want us to take literally? Want us to rewrite the entire tip in our heads so that it no longer is anything even close to what you wrote just in case you didn't want us to take the rest literally either?

If a part of this is unnecessary, then remove it. As it is right now, it only hinders the tip and anyone who might want to use it. It adds nothing. Can you say it took you this and that many hours to do? Well sure, doesn't really help, but if you really want to, no one can stop you from telling about your experiences. You do need to realize that someone else might be able to do what you did in 50 hours in 5 hours or less. Or maybe 500. When it comes to this, there really is no estimated time.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)