MyBB update and Account Switcher plugin

Kiahdaj

We have arrived on our new server.

We have also upgraded MyBB to the newest version. You may notice a few neat little differences around the forums. Unfortunately, in upgrading, it broke all of our themes. We have worked hard to get the Dark and Light themes looking and working optimally, but regrettably, the nostalgia theme is still pretty ugly. We plan to fix this theme some time in the not-so-distant future. Until then, those 31 of you might have to make do with our other themes. We're sorry for this inconvenience.

We spent a lot of time making sure that everything looked and behaved properly in the Dark/Light themes, but there were a lot of issues, and we very well could have missed a few. If you notice any broken features, missing icons, general ugliness, etc, please let us know right away. We are aware that you can no longer sort threads by prefix, and we will be looking into fixing this.

Along with this update, we are very pleased to announce that we finally have our very own account switcher plugin. This is something that we have yearned for, for quite some time. With this plugin, those of you with separate accounts for host/tulpas will be able to link the accounts together, and switch between them with ease.

In order to link an account, go to User CP -> Account Switcher (near the bottom left side), search for the other account, enter the password, and hit "Attach". Now, you can select an account to switch to at any time from the "Attached Accounts" menu, in the top right user box. You can also specify which of the linked accounts you would like to post as, next to the "Post Reply" button. You can even change the author of any of your posts, after the fact, from the dropdown menu next to the username of your posts, should you accidentally post as the wrong account.

We would like to hear what you think of these changes, and once again, if you find any problems, please let us know. Thank you for flying Tulpa.info.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

We just log out and in to our accounts when we need to, which is never more than twice a day and usually less than twice a week. Interesting feature, but I don't think we'll use it. Takes about literally-seven-seconds to log out and in to another account for us.

Anyways only thing I can see is the whole "3 hours ago" instead of timestamps where they normally are. There's really just no reason to shorten it like that, it just becomes slightly more vague.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Agreed on the "3 hours ago" thing. I didn't like it immediately when I saw it. I will likely look into restoring that to how it used to be.

It turns out that all the languages besides American English were a bit broken after the update. We don't really have the wherewithal to fix the foreign language themes, and British English is pretty insignificantly different from American English in a context such as this, so we have disabled all of the other languages.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Dark and Light themes are now fully functional, and should be completely identical apart from colors. I apologize for the broken editor on the Light theme. It has been fixed.

If your theme is acting strange, scroll to the bottom of the page or head HERE and switch your theme to either Dark, Light, MyBB Default Theme, or Use Default (which is the same as Dark). I've seen one user end up on a theme that doesn't exist due to the theme shakeup; the result was what looked like Dark except the post editor was broken.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

We've hit a couple of snags. The account switcher plugin went MIA somewhere near the end of the upgrade process, and mail sending isn't working right. We'll have everything working properly soon.

Account Switcher is back in action. To attach an account, see the Account Switcher option on the left column in User CP. When you have attached accounts, you will have a link in the "Welcome back" box at the top of pages letting you see a list of your tulpas' accounts and switch between them. Anywhere you're posting a message there will be a dropdown next to the submit button where you can switch who you're posting as. Next to your username on posts, there's a blue down arrow you can use to switch which account this post belongs to.

Guest Anonymous

Melian and I love the new features! Fantastic. No more getting our accounts mixed up and having to edit to fix it. The site looks great you guys!

Ugh, gray line on the side of the screen's gonna take some getting used to. I really don't like "shortcut" menus like that, as were so prominent in Windows 8. Saves me a whopping 2 seconds when I want to switch accounts a couple times a week.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas