Tulpas and Dissociative disorders screening for correlation

tulpa001

Your score and if your tulpa is fluent (speaks in complete sentences)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your score and if your tulpa is fluent (speaks in complete sentences)

• 0-9 not fluent
    • 10-19 not fluent
    • 20-29 not fluent
    • 30+ not fluent
    • 0-9 fluent
    • 10-19 fluent
    • 20-29 fluent
    • 30+ fluent

Some people have said that tulpas are like self inflicted DID. I want to test this hypothesis with a screening test and poll.

The dissociative screening test.

This is a screening test for dissociative disorders. That means if you score high (above thirty), you might have DID (or DDNOS). If you score low, you almost definitely do not have DID (or DDNOS). If you score above average, but still low, there is an elevated chance you have some other post-traumatic condition.

I scored a 6. Maybe I should have my host retake the test. Although she tells me she'd have answered the same.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I scored a 13. (And I noticed I might have had a minor/elevated case of DID as a kid) What I'm interested in seeing is, if that score will change over time.

Nice experiment, although I can imagine it could lead to doubt in hosts.

Edit: Note I took the questions litterally.

Straight zero. If you were to take these questions absolutely literally (ie Lumi hearing us in his head..) it'd be a little higher, but I did not.

By the way, we typically use the term vocal ("Tulpa is vocal") to mean they're capable of speech. Fluent confused me at first.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

8, and very fluent.

And really, I think most of my score is because of things I would never attribute to DID. I daydream a lot, which can mean zoning out during lectures or car rides, and I have a poor memory. It's definitely not traumagenic.

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Guest Anonymous

I scored a 26.  

"Total score of: 26

(Below 30, Lower Association With DID)

Your answers to this Dissociative Identity Disorder screening test fall into the range with a lower association with DID. "

That actually fits with the stuff about a Fantasy Prone Personality and excessive day dreaming and some of the things I have read in psychology books, especially Carl Jung.  It's important to note that I don't just have a thoughtform, as I have explained, I live half in a dream world.  I have a "day dream filter" that sometimes interferes with my life.  I have said in the past that I don't try to make the dream real, I enter the dream or live in the dream and that is what separates me from the average tulpamancer.

What?  Did you guys think I was kidding?  LOL   I find it interesting that, at least so far, other tulpamancers are much more generally lucid than I am.  

EDIT:  I voted for "non-fluent" as any totally spontaneous and independent mind voice (outside of collaborative day dreams) from Melian is in short formulaic sentences.

I scored a 4 and hit the non-fluent option ; Tulpish and single-words don't seem fluent to me :D. I took some of the questions pretty literally tho. If I had not, it would have probably been a 0.

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

[Tri] Well, the DES test is mostly just a measure of a whole variety of forms of dissociation. Those with dissociative disorder tend to score much higher than those without, especially for the ones with the strongest levels of dissociation. Most people with DID score above 30. And most without any dissociative disorder score below 20. Other dissociative disorders can also result in high scores. Now, answers to some particular questions can help guess a bit of which kind. But this is just a simple screening. There are many other tests that are designed for particular dissociative disorders to evaluate if a person has them or not. So the DES is just a preliminary screening tool for these. And it is also a very simple proxy for levels of dissociation in general that is pretty easy to administer in mass compared to the tests meant specifically to evaluate specific dissociative disorders (they are longer and evidently require substantial training with regards to their administration).

Our system has taken the DES test a few times over the last couple years just to see what our dissociation levels are. Hail+Breach+S started out in the 20's when they first found this place and plurality. Hail+Breach later started testing in the 30's and low 40's. We started fronting and the scores go up. We usually get a bit higher than they do, starting out in the 40's. Now days, including just now. We each get high 40's and low 50's. The increasing numbers are something that does worry us sometimes. At least right now we do not get much in the way of dissociative amnesia. S had a little bit for a while but that was fixed. There have been a couple other events, but nothing more than that.

As for dissociative disorders, we have no official diagnoses of anything. But, we avoid diagnoses at all cost. So, yeah.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

I would like to point out that you can have a level of dissociation without it being a disorder. Day dreaming is considered "mild dissociation" and every human does it to a certain degree. Those with the personality trait of being an extreme day dreamer move closer up the scale to DID but probably never really cross that line until the day dreaming becomes so compulsory and extreme that it becomes Maladaptive Day Dreaming. MDD is still not recognized in the DSMV but some psychologists, such as Dr. Eli Somers University of Haifa, are trying to get it in there.

As early as Sigmund Freud, "overactive imagination" or "excessive fantasizing" was considered an unhealthy psychological trait, but maybe not a disorder and or psychosis of some kind. Carl Jung however wrote that those with this trait are dissociating and are more prone to psychosis than someone without an overactive imagination.

I am actually very surprised and interested in these poll results so far! It is really telling to me actually, at least about myself and Melian when it comes to how we "fit in" to the community. It's not that it is new information really, it is just a little bit of minor validation of what we have been reporting. I think it is very illustrative that there is something to the idea that what I am experiencing is fundamentally different than what tupamancers are experiencing. At least it is evidence in favor of that hypothesis.