Mind Synthesis Guide

Scrappy

Question

This guides general purpose will be to help people to get into imposition via mind synthesis, you can call it self hallucinations but generally these aren't intended to be involuntary experiences but rather a controlled process so that you can have an easier time getting into imposition which will be included in this guide as well. If you find it a bit difficult to understand what exactly is being explained here don't be afraid to ask questions to others or to me especially. Now this guide assumes you have a fairly well developed tulpa to the point that you have no trouble seeing or hearing them in your mind, if you're unsure your tulpa is ready to get into these practices have a talk with them about it. When your ready to begin just keep reading on and make sure to pay attention as there is no tl;dr version of this.

To start your practices you must first work on audio synthesis to hear your tulpa outside of your mind as if someone was actually speaking to you. This is basically the reverse process of the basic sense of hearing, but instead you will be creating sound in your mind and repeating it to the point your ear actually picks up the sound if it were real. The best way to practice this is in a quiet space where there is little to no noise going on. Once you're ready just relax and think about a sound, voice, or even song you are very familiar with and have heard a multitude of times. You should be able to hear it in your mind as you think about, imagine yourself hearing every detail and the tone of the sound.

The idea is to keep repeating the sound in your head in exact detail while focusing on it in your mind until you start physically hearing the sound. The length of this process will vary from person to person, so there is no particular time frame for this to take as you'll know the difference when you're synthing a sound to actually listening to it. If you cant think of anything to use just pick a song you enjoy and listen to it frequently to this point you have it memorized in your head that you would be able to repeat every word and beat of the song in your head. Once you have this process learned the next step is to start working on hearing your tuppers voice, if you know what it sounds like in your mind then all you need to do is the same practice you have been doing. Focus on the sound and tone of their voice, take anything they have said and repeat it over and over. It can be a simple phrase or basic sentence but the idea is to just keep repeating the sound of their voice in your head until you physically hear it. Once you're able to hear your tupper speaking to you outside of your mind rather then inside then you can move onto the next parts.

Visualization will be considerably more difficult than the audio part so practicing this will take its time but you must not rush it or count time put into any of these practices. If you have a strong imagination you may find it slightly easier for you to practice visualizing your tupper, again you should already have a strong detailed view of them in your mind to even be considering doing this. The way to go about this with a bit more ease is to imagine your tupper with you always, no matter what it is you're doing or where you are picture them there somewhere with you. It may be difficult to focus on both your tupper and the task at hand but it is doable, you just have to focus on both things at once. Keep on focusing them like this every day, every time, everywhere until it becomes second nature for you and your tulpa will be with you always regardless of what's going on. This can easily lead into imposing them through enough practice until you can physically see them around you. If you're struggling to fully impose your tupper continue reading.

You can strengthen your visualization and practice through touch and smell as well, find a smell you can recognize and enjoy and always think about smelling it when your tupper is around you so you have a stronger belief of their presence. As far as touch goes you can practice feeling your tupper depending on if they have skin, fur, and etc. If you aren't sure what your tupper might feel like try your best to imagine it. If you have to use something physical to help you then feel free to use it as guidance to help your process of feeling your tulpa. Ultimately this will lead to being able to physically see, hear, touch and smell your tupper through continued practice until you finally succeed in doing so.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this guide, if it has helped you any then I would enjoy hearing about your experience while practicing the steps detailed here. As I stated before if you have any questions at all or don't quite fully understand one or more of the practices detailed in the guide then feel free to ask away and I'll be happy to explain it to you so you can understand it better.

Guest Lanpc

Great guide! I'm actually doing something very similar to your audio synthesis guide, but instead of being in a quiet room I just listen to white noise. It gets very easy to trick yourself into thinking you hear something because I'm pretty sure white noise causes its own auditory hallucinations.

Great guide! I'm actually doing something very similar to your audio synthesis guide, but instead of being in a quiet room I just listen to white noise. It gets very easy to trick yourself into thinking you hear something because I'm pretty sure white noise causes its own auditory hallucinations.

White noise can help with that but I know for some people that the noise bothers them so I included some techniques for them to try so they can also do audio practice their own way.

I feel this guide is basically just like any other imposition guide, but without very much of the actual steps. It says what you need to do, but that's the easy part. The steps recommended in this guide are that which are already pretty widely known.

As it stands, this guide is basically just a reiteration of the conventional, rudimentary imposition methods.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

This is more of giving general advice over concepts covered in other imposition guides (e.g. sensory description and practicing them, and other means of isolating intrusive thoughts for better inward concentration).

However, despite of its linear fashion, it can be a decent guide. I guess other GAT members will have to provide their own insight. I’ll just wait and see how others respond to the guide submission before making a decision on approval or disapproval. This isn’t for confirmation bias or anything, it’s just hard seeing where this could be shifted.

If a visualization guide on eye masks can be approved instead of being a tips and tricks, even this guide submission can be approved. Blank vote until future discussion has been made.

Well I guess this could be approved as an imposition guide, first one that starts with audio imposition I think? The others have been more visual and touch.

I think something like white/whatever noise could help with the audio as it has been used to help with imposition before, in case some people find they're already stumped right off the bat. Not sure if the author has any experience with that though.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Approved for Guides, and auditory imposition explanations can always be a good help seeing how people may have difficulty in finding distinctions between mind voice vs. the auditory hallucinated voice, or something like that. It does have a mode of instruction, and it's fixated for a certain aspect (auditory imposition that can be used in tandem with visualization practices), so I could easily see this passing by for Guides.

The underlying concepts of OP acknowledging to the readers that the host will have to start out imagining sounds initially and such for a transient mode of progress portrays that doing so is perfectly fine because it contributes to developing unconscious competence/metacognitive skill(s) in hearing one's tulpa, and other sensory applications as well.

Approved for Guides.

The guide itself is a bit small, but it works. I've done something very similar while working on my auditory imagination which used to suck a lot (this happened before I read this guide). Repeated practice of some imaginary sense will eventually develop it, even if initially, in the worst case scenario (where it's very underdeveloped), it may feel hopeless. Just recalling some memory of some stimuli over and over again until it becomes more vivid works for improving your imagination of that sense in general - eventually you can do so much more than just that one memory - the entire sense will start working (thus you'll be able to imagine voices, sound effects, and so on).

The tips about integrating senses are also quite useful. I would also recommend asking your tulpa to better integrate their will, emotions, thoughts into what they're getting you to perceive (when you're imagining them) - it can make interaction with them a LOT more fun.

There's one typo that I noticed: "When your ready", which the author should fix, if he ever comes by.