What Should I Talk to My Tulpa About?

Ponytail

Despite having read a million creation guides at this point, I'm still stuck on one particular aspect of all this. I'm not really sure what to talk to my tulpa about. I should probably mention that I only recently began creating her. Anyways, I've talked to her about the history of my dad's cars (a far more interesting story than the premise would entail), about the freshman students at my highschool I tutor, and I've done the usual "You are [insert Personality Trait Here]" sessions.

So uh, am I doing things correctly? What did you guys talk about to your tulpa in early stages? That good stuff. That's what I'm curious about.

The System:

It's too big.

ha, that's what she said.

That's kind of what I do, except I puppet what my tulpa would say in a normal conversation. For example, if you want to force the trait of understanding, you not only would say "wow, that was a bad day, I hate that freshman", but imagine what your tulpa would say that is understanding, like "I know, I hate it when they don't clean up after themselves"

Eventually, your tulpa will learn how to be understanding by listening to examples of what is like to be understanding.

Try it with other traits too.

"Now THATS a bad username"

http://doyoueventulpa.tumblr.com/post/87351186733/42-12-things-to-do-with-your-tulpa

I recommend just talking about anything that comes to mind, or why you are doing what you are doing.

Just prepare for them to tell you to shut up when they can finally talk lol.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Things that you talk to other people about? Things that you want to talk to other people about but can't?

World news. Infomercials. Peewee soccer. Coffee filters.

Nah really though if you can't think of anything to talk about for a long time I'd recommend getting a book you dig (helps if the narrative is first person or like, otherwise kinda stream of consciousness, I found) and just reading it to your tulpa. Emphasis on reading it to your tulpa, if you're not reading it in your head like someone else is listening then you're just reading it.

We're all gonna make it brah.

You can talk about your life. It can be therapeutic, especially knowing the person you're talking to actually fully understands you.

Some tulpas are more than happy to keep listening once they can talk.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This is basically like asking what you should talk to anyone about.

Say you're on a date or just hanging out with a friend. What do you talk about?

...Well, idk, I'm socially awkward. Why do you think I ended up doing tulpamancy to begin with?

But the point is, they are no different than anyone else. It can be hard to maintain a conversation with anyone, and the same goes for a Tulpa.

The only issue with Tulpas, at least when they are still in early development stages, is that they may not really be capable of driving a conversation or having interests or topics to talk about, leaving most of the work to you.

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

All I heard about was History and how things worked.

That got kinda old, but it could have been worse.

"...the last thing you wanted a witch to do was get bored and start making her own amusements,

because witches sometimes had famously erratic ideas about what was amusing.”

- Terry Pratchett

Discord: Ivy#8937

If you have recently finished with the "You are " sessions, just start talking to them like they are someone you have never met before. Introduce yourself, talk about what you like to do, ask them if they have any interests/things that seem interesting to them (if they are vocal; if not, ask later), talk about your social/personal/work/educational life, etc.

At least, that's what I did and it helped pass the time.

I'm here with my completely vocal tulpas; Rainbow, Asrielle, and Lapis. They might talk here sometimes, and when they do Rainbow will be italicized, Asrielle will be purple, and Lapis will be blue. We are currently able to do advanced visualization and we have the ability to switch. See profile for more info.

Rainbow - 2/8/16 - Italicized

Asrielle - 4/21/16 - Purple

Lapis - 7/23/16 - Blue

I don't know if this will help, but you are always thinking something. For most people, in english (or another human language). Find that mind voice, and watch it a bit. It can go on forever about whatever. It does so naturally.

Step two: one of the best ways to learn is to teach. So, get into the habit of learning stuff by reviewing the material, then explain it to an imaginary student. This is a famous and effective learning strategy.

Step three, combine step one and two. Take whatever it is that your mind voice is going on about, and transform it into teaching, then direct the teaching at your tulpa.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.