can your mind generate random things

Lumanatrix

hello, this is meow! my first time making forum post here :3

so i thought of an experiment to see if we can make random thoughts. maybe under different circumstances. like we could see how looking at a picture before making numbers could influence it.

i found this: https://home.ubalt.edu/ntsbarsh/Business-stat/otherapplets/Randomness.htm

try think of random numbers, put them in, and see what your result is. post string you entered and your result. here's mine

Suggestive evidence against randomness 

experiment 1

clear your mind before doing it

experiment 2

make your thoughts run wild

then have others in your head do it and compare results! come up with your own experiments and post them with your results

Number of Runs ® 13

P-value 0.16474

Conclusion

Little or no real evidences against randomness

I have no idea what this means but looks like I'm pretty lulz teh rand0m xD

I just woke up and wasn't thinking of anything, I just hit numbers randomly on my keyboard. I guess we know what random's really like, it means no thinking about what you choose, not just trying to make them varied (like 539601842059184 would probably not be considered random)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

In 35 numbers, Lucilyn used the number 7 once, including when she was trying not to be random. I guess we know how to break your test.

Our mental algorithm for random is the same as peoples' typical default, ie choose ""random"" varied numbers, but we add in a counter-measure for that bias by randomly repeating numbers when we normally wouldn't have. That was the biggest factor of non-randomness, our habit of covering the board before repeating, so not doing that is probably why she scored high on the randomness scale.

Also, I get the feeling using a keyboard and saying the numbers aloud might have slightly different results. For some people at least. For us, we think the numbers before we hit them, because we've pretty much learned to think through our keyboard. But I can see others relying more on muscle randomness than randomly generated numbers randomness.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 6 months later...

First Try

Number of Runs: 13

P-value: 0.16474

Conclusion: Little or no real evidences against randomness

Second Try

Number of Runs: 9

P-value: 0.17906

Conclusion: Little or no real evidences against randomness

My first try was a test of the test itself. I went to random.org and generated actual random numbers. For my second try I let my tulpa do the test.