Onion Layer for Personality Forcing

DuckLord

Question

Well recently I started creating Nana, my first tulpa but I've been having some trouble on concentrating, so apart from meditating(that helped me) I made a  method for describing the way I wanted the personality I initially wanted and forcing it. 

DISCLAIMER This method is aimed towards people who prefer images, visual media or symbolitzation(aka imagination) over plain text.

So here's the result:

544505642_Tulpapersonalityitself.thumb.jpg.f8cb116d6dfba2d374ff6cbfcd5c9960.jpg803261103_Tulpapersonalitychart.thumb.jpg.662e192034c4e7e5793a14f568022395.jpg

DESCRIPTION OF THE METHOD

The actual method is composed of two variations, if you want the easy one, less complex one you might want to choose the first one and if you want the more complete one you might want to choose the second one.

1. The first one, the one on the left, is the most easy and rapid one but it doesn't compare to the complexity and explaining of the second one, this one is best used for users who want the brain to fill in the gaps and take less time.  Here you'll only be explaining the trait, the motivations and how both impact the personality, if you want to expand to the origin the sinergies between traits and reactions to situations and emotions you can go to the second variation( the second one is more lengthy) .
  2. The second variation is composed of the first and the shapes in which you'll be explaining the origins, the reactions of situations and emotions(apart from what you explain in the first one).

HOW TO AND EXPLANATION

So when you've read until this part, you'll be asking yourself "WHAT'S THE METHOD AND HOW TO DO IT?!" well first off calm down.

When you've chosen which of the two variations (or made a new one by yourself) then its time to explain the method and how to do it.

NOTE:I used the shape of a triangle because in my head it made sense as to peeling layers and  layers of traits and a personality, but you can perfectly make it a another shape.

1. Here I'll be explaining the first variation and the center of the second.If you didn't notice by now the first variation is composed of a triangle inscribed in a box divided by several horizontal lines and one large big vertical line.

• Let's start with the core personality in the lower center of the triangle you can see a small triangle .That is the basic requirement of the personality you are describing and it's where you put the trait or role that explains the main aspect of your tulpa, the one that is the most important one.
  • The vertical line that goes through center of the triangle is the essence, the role that you want your tulpa to be and which can be seen even from the first impressions. The essence in itself is like what makes yourself the person you are, if for example the core of your personality is active you could have the essence be nervous, for example someone who likes to go on trips and climb mountains could be a very restless person who need to move all the time. The essence is very subjective to the desires of every person.
  • The horizontal lines are the levels of understandal or knowledge of the person . For example between line from up to down 3 to 6 would be ordinary friends, 7 to 8 might be intimate friend and 9 to 10 might be couple, best friend or life companion, meaning which more deep you go into the relationship the more you will know the traits of the person, its motivations,its essence and core.
    Seems this part is not very understandable: The horizontal lines are   the levels that a relationship can take, for example a  life companion relationship would  be the 1rst line starting from the bottom. It essentially represents the understandal of the person . These are marked in black and are perfectly horizontal in the example. Each horizontal line represents a level deeper into  the personality. This is just for reference. If you don't want to, you don't have to make this step, just remember that the more you approach the bottom means that you are going deeper into the person.
  • The layers, which are NOT made, need to be put in correlation of the depth of the triangle (deeper means that its a trait which cannot be seen in first impresions and one needs to explore more of the person to know that trait) and importance(the size of it depending on its role or impact on the person). The method is named after the way the traits need to be put, by layers, as an onion for example in a introverted person you might first see: 1rst level(1rst impresions)= shy, bookworm, strange/5th level(friends)= gentle, caring, justice holder, friendly.... The lines marking the separation between layers are marked in red in the example.
    To separate the layers just draw lines starting from the vertical line and design as you want.
  • The motivations, which are  NOT listed, can be put at the sides of the triangle as any shape you want, I haven't put any because as the traits, that would restrict the choice of the creator putting them too superficial or too big. I recomend putting them in correlation to the size and importance , depth and deep motivations example: Eating candies would be very little sized and superficial meanwhile paying the debt of its family would be very deep and big sized.

2. Now comes the second variation or the external part, here we will be covering the origins of the traits or motivations you want to             explain, the sinergies between traits, how does the tulpa react to emotions and situations. Let's start.

First of all you should number each trait and motivation because you'll have to link it to the shapes outside the triangle inscribed box           without arrows.

• First of all are the origin squares which are the most proper with discontinuated lines are the ones in which you can explain why does the trait exist. Faqman explains it better in his guide.
  • Then there are the sinergies of the traits where you can explain how a trait affects another one. The diamonds.
  • The emotions where you should explain how does the tulpa react to certain emotions caused by situations. This one pretty much suplements the situations. The panels.
  • The circles are the situation. How does your tulpa react to certain situations?

Now that I've explained the variations here comes the how to.

1. To describe the personality you can either, write it in the  corresponding category, number the trait to categorize it and make a  recording with its number , or just narrate it and memorize it. Obviously you can change the method as you like, this is just a chart to better explain the personality.
  2. When you've ended describing the personality you can either simbolize it by making the shapes in your imagination and building like a city or something by the style or simply narrate it.

[align=center]The photos are just examples, you can take them as charts or just make one yourself by drawing it in a sheet of paper, make it in a computer software or just imagine it.

[/align]

This guide is just so you can understand the method and then do it for youself.

GUESS THAT'S ALL

Thanks to all the repliers.

[align=center]

Here's a quick and random example I made about the core personality:[/align]

http://imgur.com/a/ZUzLl

Note that personality is fluid so if you want to keep the scheme up to date you'll have to do a lot of work.

PS:English is not my native language so please pardon me for any grammatical errors.

Thanks for reading.

1ST EDIT:Simplifed optimized and made overall changes.

2ND EDIT:Made some optimitzation and changes, thanks to sand.

I liek gaems.

Your model is too complicated. By which I mean you should have at least two charts, not one. One for the middle and one for the peripheral stuff.

Don't make us squint. Not a fan of the fine print.

Work on understandability. It is not clear what you are talking about until several paragraphs in. Even then, you speak making assumptions about what other people already know about your model. You must be clear and eliminate other meanings and interpretations of what your chart means.

If you intend your audience to take your chart and print it out, please say so.

Add examples. People must understand the typical use of your chart and what would be a misuse.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

oh jeez I didn't even realize there was text in the middle of the picture

that text is too small, literally, at full size if you zoom in the text gets really blurry because the source image's text is too small

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Well, this definitely is different and new. It might indeed be of use to some, though I'm not entirely sure if I get it. Could you have an example image where you have filled in the blanks for some pretend-tulpa so that I know for sure what you're trying to say? That way we can help with rephrasing confusing parts.

There are typos and weird phrases, but I think instead of fixing them right now in case they will be rewritten, we'll focus on that after the other fixes.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Well, this definitely is different and new. It might indeed be of use to some, though I'm not entirely sure if I get it. Could you have an example image where you have filled in the blanks for some pretend-tulpa so that I know for sure what you're trying to say? That way we can help with rephrasing confusing parts.

There are typos and weird phrases, but I think instead of fixing them right now in case they will be rewritten, we'll focus on that after the other fixes.

Ok Im actually making the version of the tulpa im creating, when im finished i'll upload it as example.

I liek gaems.

Might seem a little nit-picky, but I don't think you should say "WARNING" when it's not like your guide is dangerous. Try "Disclaimer."

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Alright, I think I got the triangle. I was thinking that maybe the shape had some greater meaning though, but it seems like the parts where you write are very small and narrow? Is there a reason why it's not like, a circle instead? Or even a half circle? There would be more room to write things. I'm also a bit confused as to why there are these horizontal lines (they are the layers, I get that) but then you're also using red lines that go through the levels… Maybe instead you should be offering a blank triangle with just center triangle and vertical center line, so people can draw the lines of the layers themselves as they see fit?

Okay onto the typo fixes! The one above is what you have written, the one below the one with a fix. I'm not pointing out every time there's an extra space or a lack of space before or after every comma and period, so you should keep an eye out for that yourself. I'm also not pointing out everything that sounds or reads a bit stiff if it's understandable.

>Well recently I started to creating Nana, my first tulpa but I've…

>Recently I started creating Nana, my first tulpa, but I've…

>or simbolitzation(aka imagination) over plain text.

>or symbolization (aka imagination) over plain text.

Also like was said just before me, warning is a bit excessive. There's no danger here!

>if you want the easy one less complex one you…

>if you want the easy, less complex one you…

>(have caution because the second one is more lengthy)

You wouldn't really be saying "have caution". You could say "use caution", though caution is a bit of a strong wording for this. Maybe "keep in mind that the second one is more lengthy"? And I guess it's usually lengthier but more lengthy is also acceptable.

>(that apart from what you explain in the first one)

Not entirely sure if I am getting what you're trying to say here, but removing the "that" at the start would get us something.

>then its time to explain the method in itself…

>then it's time to explain the method…

>Here i'll be explaining…

>Here I'll be explaining…

Okay now we get to your method itself. I'll be doing some rewrites but do keep in mind that you don't have to take my suggestions and it would be better if you wrote things with your own words, but I'm trying to help a bit more in case you think you're having issues with putting your thoughts to English. Still trying to use your wordings as much as possible.

Let's start with the core personality in the lower center of the triangle you can see a part divided of the rest ' date=' it's triangle shaped. That's the core and basic requirement of the personality that you are describing, here is where you put the trait or role that best describes the main aspect of your tulpa and the most important one.[/quote']

Let's start with the core personality. In the lower center of the triangle you can see a smaller triangle divided from the rest. That is the basic requirement of the personality you are describing and it's where you put the trait or role that explains the main aspect of your tulpa, the one that is the most important one.

The vertical line that follows all the triangle is the essence' date=' the role that you want your tulpa to be and which can be seen even from the first impressions. The essence in itself is like what makes yourself the person you are, if for example the core of your personality is active you could have the essence be nervous. The essence is very subjective to the desires of every person, for example if you want your tulpa to be very introspective when you get to know them you might want to change the essence in the middle of the horizontal lines(which i am going to explain now).[/quote']

The vertical line that goes through the center of the triangle is the essence, the role that you want your tulpa to be and which can be seen even from the first impressions. The essence in itself is what makes yourself the person you are, if for example the core of your personality is active, you could have the essence be nervous (An example as to what kind of a person would have an active core but a nervous essence?). The essence is very subjective to the desires of every person, like if you want your tulpa to be very introspective when you get to know them, you might want to change the essence in the middle of the horizontal lines (which I am going to explain now did you? I don't think the next step has anything about changing the essence?).

The horizontal lines are the levels of understandal or knowledge of the person . For example between line from up to down 3 to 6 would be ordinary friends' date=' 7 to 8 might be intimate friend and 9 to 10 might be couple, best friend or life companion, meaning which more deep you go into the relationship the more you will know the traits of the person, its motivations,its essence and core.[/quote']

The horizontal lines are the levels of understanding or knowing the person. For example, from top to bottom, layers 3 to 6 would be ordinary friends, 7 to 8 might be intimate friend and 9 to 10 might be couple, best friend or life companion, meaning the deeper you go into the relationship, the more you will know about the traits of the person, their motivations, essence and the core.

The traits, which are NOT listed, need to be put in correlation of the depth of the triangle (deeper means that its a trait which cannot be seen in first impresions and one needs to explore more of the person to know that trait) and importance(the size of it depending on its role or impact on the person). The method is named after the way the traits need to be put, by layers, as an onion for example in a introverted person you might first see: 1rst level(1rst impresions)= shy, bookworm, strange/5th level(friends)= gentle, caring, justice holder, friendly....

To separate the traits just draw lines starting from the vertical line and design as you want.

(The traits, which are NOT listed, what traits aren't listed? Aren't these traits we are listing? I think I'll need an explanation as to what you mean with these traits and listing) need to be put in correlation of the depth of the triangle (deeper means that it's a trait which cannot be seen in first impressions and one needs to explore more of the person to know that trait) and importance (the size of it depending on its role or impact on the person). The method is named after the way the traits are layered like an onion. For example, in a introverted person you might first see: 1st level (1st impressions)= shy, bookworm, strange/5th level (friends)= gentle, caring, just, friendly....

To separate the traits just draw lines between the layers and design as you want. (I don't think you need to draw lines from the vertical line necessarily? You've done plenty of horizontal lines in your example)

The motivations' date=' which are NOT listed, can be put at the sides of the triangle as any shape you want, I haven't put any because as the traits, that would restrict the choice of the creator putting them too superficial or too big. I recomend putting them in correlation to the size and importance , depth and deep motivations example: Eating candies would be very little sized and superficial meanwhile paying the debt of its family would be very deep and big sized.[/quote']

The motivations, which are NOT listed, can be put at the sides of the triangle as any shape you want. I haven't put any in the template, as that would restrict the choice of the creator by potentially being too superficial or too big. I recommend putting them in correlation to the size, imprtance and depth. Example: Eating candies would be very small and superficial meanwhile paying the debt of their family would be very deep and large in size.

>Well that was hard to explain.

I don't think you need this!

I'll skip over the second template explanation for now. I think I could use an example here too, just to make sure we're on the same page? What are "the panels"? You're describing shapes and I guess it's probably the one left out, the uh rectangle that is kinda squished inward? No idea what that shape even is called, I'm sure someone knows… I assume you're not using a normal rectangle because it looks too similar to a square and this is all about the visualization?

>ONE LAST THING: THIS METHOD IS JUST A VISUALITZATION OR SYMBOLITZATION OF THE NARRATION METHOD AND IT ONLY BRINGS ONE NEW THING: THE DEPTH OF UNDERSTANDAL OF ONE PERSON

Doesn't need to be so huge and in all caps! If you think it's important, bolding would be better than changing the size. "Understandal" is not an English word, visualization and symbolization are misspelled.

>PD:English is not my native language so please pardon me for any gramatical errors.

PD? PS maybe? Grammatical.

>1RST EDIT

1st, not 1rst.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

There's still some typos and such you haven't fixed, but I assume this is still a work in progress? Let us know when you think you're ready for us to take another look by posting in this thread, we don't get notifications if you just edit the first post. And I could use that example image of the more detailed graph so I can properly go through the steps for that.

The note about the shape is pretty good, I like it.

Also you did add another part, but I don't know if it's really required. At least I think I got it without this explanation, unless you're saying the bit I rewrote was wrong? It seems like you're saying the same things that have been said in the guide already. I can go through it, in case you want to use it or work it into some other step.

Seems this part is not very understandable: The horizontal lines are the levels that a relationship can take' date=' for example a life companion relationship would be the 1rst line starting from the bottom. It essentially represents the understandal of the person . These are marked in black and are perfectly horizontal in the example. Each horizontal line represents a level deeper into the personality. This is just for reference. If you don't want to, you don't have to make this step, just remember that the more you approach the bottom means that you are going deeper into the person.[/quote']

(I'd cut off the whole bit about "this part not being very understandable": if you recognize that it is, then rewrite the explanation rather than add explanations and keep what was difficult to understand) The horizontal lines are the levels that a relationship can take. For example, a life companion level relationship would be the 1st line starting from the bottom. It essentially represents the understanding of the person. These are marked in black and are perfectly horizontal in the example. Each horizontal line represents a deeper level in the personality. This is just for reference. If you don't want to, you don't have to do this step, just remember that getting closer to the bottom means you are going deeper into the person.

It's better than what it was, but still feels incomplete.

@DuckLord: In addition to finishing off the parts you need work on, I want to see:

--Some basic spelling and grammar improvements. (ask if you need help here)

--I need to understand your charts to use them. I simply cannot approve until you make this easy to understand, one way or another. (ask if you need help here)

The second point may resolve itself with some grammar fixes. For example, the use of the word understandal is wrong. Once in the text you describe it numbering from top to bottom. Once from bottom to top. THIS IS CONFUSING. The lines must necessarily mean nothing. One assumes the purpose of the chart is to put text in the spaces between the lines.

I still need examples. Consider adding numbers to the lines so people can see the order you are using. Clarify, possibly by fixing grammar, that the bottom contains core features and the top contains surface features of the personality.

WHY TRIANGLES? You say that it is just because you like triangles. But keep in mind, you now have an inside and an outside of each triangle, and you don't give any instructions for what goes inside and what goes outside.

Part two is a mess of non-understandable instructions. You will need to rewrite, clearly explaining first, what each shape means, then, how the shapes are connected to each other. There is a story here. Example is required. You say you are really visual. An image diagram of what it all means is probably a really great idea. Use arrows and simple words.

However, I suspect the reason that part two comes off as messy is there is no rhyme or reason to the organisation of the shapes. No pattern or logic. It just looks pretty. In this case, how is this a useful tool for building a tulpa personality?

please make sure the charts are sized properly for the text that will eventually go in them. I asked you to do this in fewer words in my last comment. I suggest cutting the external part in half because those shapes are really small when printed out.

The example you got is good. I rate it 5/10 needs work. use [/img] tags to embed example. Use larger text for readability.

I suggest focusing in on the important details, to make a more streamlined guide. For example, if the important part is creating a picture of the personality, not a specific organisation, then say that you should create a picture, not a specific organisation.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.