Alternate donation methods?

jean-luc

I used to have a regular donation setup through paypal but unfortunately I had to close my paypal account (fuck paypal). I'd still like to donate through just about any means that isn't paypal, and I was wondering if there are other options or if some other method could be setup possibly.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Hey! First off, thank you so much for your donations, it goes directly into the hosting account and so far we're paid for the next two months!

I've been meaning to create a Patreon, as well as getting the bitcoin wallet back up and running. I'll be able to really focus on a solution this weekend; if anyone has other ideas besides the two mentioned, feel free to let me know!

Thanks,

Pleeb.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Patreon is usually really good, but it's normally for content creators so it could be weird. I guess you can label it "Education", and it'll work for money, but idk if I would get carried away with the whole patreon-y aspect. Like, rewards and formality are kinda bad in this scenario, ultimately it'd just be a conduit for payments when it's normally a site full of cool features (heavily focused on exclusivity)

bitcoin is probably a good idea I guess, just have no idea how many people actually use it

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Did someone mention bitcoin? I'd avoid it. Did you know it is an independent floating currency? If you are into untraceable transactions, you are probably like, "wow, really?" But if you are not, you are probably like, "that sounds dangerous."

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Usually when a company accepts bitcoin, they almost immediately exchange it for another currency upon receipt.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

We used to accept bitcoins, but over the course of 3 years there were no donations.  I lost the bitcoin wallet in a crash anyway.

EDIT:

Would anyone be interested in using bitcoins if I get such a wallet back?

Something else we can try is Google Wallet; I've sent money with that before.

I think Paypal accepts one-time payments via credit-card as well, for those who don't want an account.  I'm open to other ideas too :)

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png