The difference inbetween?

LittlePebble

I am new to this forum, but I have had my imaginary world of Tulpas for a while. I want to understand the classification so that I can explain it better to my friends and family. Just to clarify I am 26 years old. I created my imaginary realm to overcome my autism and OCD. My family and friends don't exactly understand. Its been really frustrating the last couple of days because I have been posting to Face book about my Tulpas. I wanted really bad to figure out who are my real friends. Which by the way was a complete success.

I set rules for my Imaginary Tulpas that I created so that they don't turn against me. I think my first question is; "does tulpa forging have to be without limits and rules or is tulpa in general mean imaginary friend?"

Thanks in advance for your time

First off, we don't view tulpa as imaginary, that's sort of not what a tulpa is. The majority of people here view tulpa as a second consciousness, which then makes them real even if they share a head with you. We also refer to it as a "wonderland", "mindscape", "paracosm", etc instead of an "imaginary world" as it can have very real effects on everyone in the head.

You can set rules. Most people call them "house rules" or similar. The defining aspect of a tulpa is free will. They are able to think of things independently from you, surprise you, and make their own choices. Many of the tulpa here choose their own forms, names, personalities, likes and dislikes, favorite foods, which songs they like, and so on. Essentially a whole other person inside your head that is able to make their own choices. As long as your friends meet those qualities, they would classify as tulpa.

Feel free to ask all the questions you want.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

I know this is going to be a tough question to answer, but I wanted to at least put it out there. My parents have become concerned because I went into detail on how I talk with my Tulpas.

How do I explain this to my parents that its nothing to be concerned about? What should I say to my psychiatrist when I go for my first visit? Even though I am 26 they are not exactly giving me a choice due to how I have a disability.

Well, you could show them Tulpa.info for starters. Rather than just coming from you, they could see a neater, organized bunch of information about tulpas. Could also help show they're a "thing" and not just something you made up I guess? Even though I'm sure you already told them you heard about tulpas on the internet.

Also helps if you can tell them your tulpas are positive and encouraging, and that you know they only exist in your head.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

You might want to look up Ford and Aury's youtube. He has a few videos explaining it and how it's not dangerous. There are also a few studies that can be linked.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Ayy, on behalf of Ford and Aury, here's some links~ ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V3QA505j3E

https://youtu.be/l9RjcAHEs50

And here's the whole channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGz43Fq_1GFqffsn7Sc_K2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoLxC1qF1eQ too.

Also, https://tulpa.io/ has some good explanations as well.

"There is no abiding success without commitment." - Tony Robbins

"Commitment is an act, not a word." - Jean-Paul Satre

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

Tulpa in general does not mean imaginary friend. Imaginary friends often demonstrate volition and autonomy, but not always. Not all tulpas are friends. Not all tulpas are imaginary.

We set rules for ourselves. This is therefore not a thing that distinguishes tulpas. We also tend to break our own rules from time to time. Do not restrict yourself to being the only one who can make rules.

What you tell your parents is not to be worried about your internal subjective experience. That's not appropriate behaviour in a modern society.

What you tell your psychologist is much simpler, though finding the right words can be very difficult. It also depends on how your parents frame it to your psychologist.

Remember that a psychiatrist is a service provider, and you are the client. They exist to serve you. If you don't have a problem, then they have nothing to offer you. This is a central mandate in all diagnosis. It is also why it is ridiculous to medicalize cultural phenomena; it can damage your career.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Thanks guys for all your input. I was on the IRC chat right before I had an emotional breakdown. I have 524 friends on my Facebook and less than 5 stood up for me. I wanted to know who were my true friends because I felt alone in my closet. This broke me and I literally had no idea what my family and friends wanted me to do because I had my wonderland for about 10 years now. I don't have the ability to leave my wonderland behind even if I wanted to.

Here is the interesting part. My father had no idea that this all was happening last night because he is on a business trip. When my mother told him I think he was agrivated that people wanted my coping mechanism to be removed. My mother told me that he was not agrivated with her, but the way she said it I knew she was lying. The good news is that I don't have to leave my wonderland behind. The bad news is that I lost a lot of friends over this and I think some of my family have differing veiws meaning that the next family gathering I have wont be easy.

Out of all this I learned some valuable things. I was able to overcome my suicidal thoughts because of my Tulpas. My Christian faith even grew stronger than it has ever been before. I don't hear my Tulpas audibly mind you, but I do hear their voice in my mind. God spoke to me in a way that my Tulpas have. First off I never considered God to be one of my Tulpas due to how he is omnipresent. Second the word he had for me helped me realize that I done nothing wrong.

God had given me my art and writing for a reason. My Tulpas are very important to my creative works. God said, "I have everything under control." Everything that happened next was miraculous. My relationship with my mother has been restored. It had been shattered and I was convinced that it would take years before I would be comfortable around my mother agian. Now its as if she could be here with me and it would be like nothing had happened. My parents live an hour away mind you, but work with me. God fixed everything.

Most likely your current difficulties stem from a lack of understanding. A somewhat universal human condition really.

If you get frustrated with the conversations, you can start asking exit questions. Why is this important to you? If I never brought it up, would you care? Do you even know what I am talking about, or are you misunderstanding me? Are you genuinely interested in this?

You may have lost a lot fewer friends than you think. Jumping on an us or them theme in evaluation automatically paints the world black and white. It misses the nuance that is likely present in the human behaviour. In order to know who your friends are, you must analyse why they did what they did.

You could relabel your tulpas as muses and your wonderland as a paracosm. It will produce less negative criticism.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Ok, I'm quite surprised nobody stated the obvious, so here's my advice: Nobody needs to know about your tulpas. Sorry, but that's just how it goes, learn to keep it with yourself. It isn't something regarded as normal or healthy, so you either have to hide it, or you have to be prepared for the looks that you'll get - and even those who seem ok with it will probably not be completely comfortable with it, mind you - because they WILL come, and that's my one guarantee: If you tell someone you have an imaginary friend, they will look at you funny 99 times out of 100.

More important, this forum never ceases to absolutely amaze me...

First off, we don't view tulpa as imaginary, that's sort of not what a tulpa is.

Tulpa in general does not mean imaginary friend.

A tulpa is an imagined entity that is (probably and hopefully, anyway), your friend. That doesn't mean they're not real, but that they stem from your imagination. That's what tulpas are most of the times, a friend that is IMAGINARY!

This forum loses more and more the little grip it has on reason and reality by the day, I swear.