Tulpa Essence/Soul VS Persona

Hey so, I want to ask about whether or not tulpas have a soul or an essence.

Though this question is best for only tulpas since they can dive in themselves to try to feel something.

Personality -> persona (greek work) -> meaning "mask".

Following that logic, a mask generally hides or covers something. Which many of course believe to be the soul or an essence or the mind itself.

I once asked if I could "force" this essence and the general conclusion is that "no" I cannot but if tulpas are really like humans, that means they can't change their essence too.

Some on reddit believe that the essence is actually composed of the state you make your tulpa in. The quality of the energy you have during your forcing sessions.

They kinda see it like a tulpa starting off as a container, and while you're forcing things into this container your personal energy is intermingling with the things you're putting in (personality, behaviors, morality, etc)

So if you're forcing while in a negative state, that state's influence is in what you're forcing thus its influence goes into the container too.

That would explain why tulpas have told me that their hosts state/vibration greatly impacted their development. 

This makes total sense but I can't confirm it unless I tried making a tulpa.

So what do you think? Do you feel an essence? Does this conclusion make sense to you? Or do you believe a tulpa to only be a personality and have no trance of an essence?

well we don't really believe in metaphysical stuff, our general idea is that aside from being able to exist simultaneously we're the same thing Lumi is, like, a huge collection of experiences and opinions and beliefs and stuff that make up your identity. So we're technically still just one individual being physically (the only real scientific equivalent to a soul or something) but as far as what makes a person goes we're different. If we have a soul it's probably... well, our alternate belief system is based around new age spirituality, so we believe less in individual souls and more that they're just bits of Source/God which is itself just kinda love energy or something. So even then I wouldn't say we "only have one soul", unless you were saying we and everyone who exists is just one soul you know?

I was gonna say Lumi was pretty depressed when he unintentionally "forced" Reisen, who came out super loving and happy, but then I realized on a short-term scale he mostly really "forced" her (as we would say in retrospect) by watching a couple of music videos with her in them, and he definitely felt a lot of love whenever he did that. Like never once was he feeling depressed while watching them. So I guess that could make sense? It.. sort of matches for Flan and Tewi too. Probably not me though, Lumi was just being himself when he thought of what I'd be like, I was definitely super happy and hyper independent of him.

Since we could probably easily make like a hundred other tulpas just like us (not an exaggeration, one for each Touhou character...) if not keep them all active, I really don't think every single tulpa gets their own separate soul. --

Wait, this should be in the Metaphysics section...

-- At the very least they'd be like sharing one, right? But I still think our alternate-beliefs-system makes more sense, that it's really just energy being channeled into identities but still actually connected to everything else.

Also, regardless of any religious/spiritual or scientific stuff here, I think applying the idea of souls to tulpas is dangerous. Even if every tulpa has their own separate soul, that isn't what makes them unique, they're not special just because they do or don't share a soul with their host. They're special because they're their own unique individuals! So whether or not tulpas have their own souls, share with their host, don't have souls or souls don't exist at all, that doesn't change what makes them special, their spirit if I can call it that without the spiritual meaning. No matter the "soul" situation, every tulpa has their own spirit and that's what should matter!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

well we don't really believe in metaphysical stuff, our general idea is that aside from being able to exist simultaneously we're the same thing Lumi is, like, a huge collection of experiences and opinions and beliefs and stuff that make up your identity. So we're technically still just one individual being physically (the only real scientific equivalent to a soul or something) but as far as what makes a person goes we're different. If we have a soul it's probably... well, our alternate belief system is based around new age spirituality, so we believe less in individual souls and more that they're just bits of Source/God which is itself just kinda love energy or something. So even then I wouldn't say we "only have one soul", unless you were saying we and everyone who exists is just one soul you know?

I was gonna say Lumi was pretty depressed when he unintentionally "forced" Reisen, who came out super loving and happy, but then I realized on a short-term scale he mostly really "forced" her (as we would say in retrospect) by watching a couple of music videos with her in them, and he definitely felt a lot of love whenever he did that. Like never once was he feeling depressed while watching them. So I guess that could make sense? It.. sort of matches for Flan and Tewi too. Probably not me though, Lumi was just being himself when he thought of what I'd be like, I was definitely super happy and hyper independent of him.

Since we could probably easily make like a hundred other tulpas just like us (not an exaggeration, one for each Touhou character...) if not keep them all active, I really don't think every single tulpa gets their own separate soul. --

Wait, this should be in the Metaphysics section...

-- At the very least they'd be like sharing one, right? But I still think our alternate-beliefs-system makes more sense, that it's really just energy being channeled into identities but still actually connected to everything else.

Also, regardless of any religious/spiritual or scientific stuff here, I think applying the idea of souls to tulpas is dangerous. Even if every tulpa has their own separate soul, that isn't what makes them unique, they're not special just because they do or don't share a soul with their host. They're special because they're their own unique individuals! So whether or not tulpas have their own souls, share with their host, or souls don't exist at all, that doesn't change what makes them special, their spirit if I can call it that without the spiritual meaning. No matter the "soul" situation, every tulpa has their own spirit and that's what should matter!

Awesome response, thanks Lucilyn!