"If My Tulpa Were" game

solarchariot

We'll keep the game simple. Player will post an item starting with, "If My Tulpa Were..." completing the sentence. Tulpas can also play by altering the initial phrase to "If My Host Were..." etc.

If the next person to post plays along with the previous in some clever way, the previous poster wins that round. His/her esteem will climb for each person that adds to that reality.

Next round starts when the next person leads with "If my Tulpa/Host Were..."

I will start the first round.

I will be really cross if no one plays along.

Jean-Luc is banned from posting pony pictures in this thread, unless it's really funny, but it necessarily ends the round...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thoroughly confused. Could you make a bunch of example posts?

Here's an image to express my confusion:

1448103__safe_artist-colon-mirroredsea_pinkie+pie_animated_blinking_bust_confused_earth+pony_female_gif_looking+at+something_looking+up_open+mouth_pony.gif

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

"If my tulpa were X, Y"

next poster

"Haha I know right, Z!"

first poster wins, restart

else,

"Haha I know right, Z! If my tulpa were A, B"

-> next round

Calling them rounds seems excessive, and the point of the game literally being telling the person before you they won OR they didn't (via effectively ignoring their post) seems iffy. A normal forum game would be more like,

"(Responds to previous)

Next person's tulpa is the creator of Tulpa.info"

->

"If my tulpa were the creator of Tulpa.info, I'd shut down Tulpa.info in the ultimate irony

Next person's tulpa understands this game now..."

Just giving my unwelcome non-game-playing opinion here, I don't really do forum games.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I agree with Luminescence... It would be pretty cool if it worked like this:

System 1: If my Tulpa were a giraffe, I would have to buy stilts!

The next person's Tulpa has a grape soda addiction.

System 2: If my Host had a grape soda addiction, I would force them to buy cherry too!

The next person's Host is Brittany Spears.

...and so on. If the topic has to be "if my Tulpa/Host was (some person/celebrity) ..." Then that's fine. I don't see any point in a win system though.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

OMG, there was a time I would have so been willing to be Brittany Spears Tulpa... I had nothing to do with her shaving her head. That wasn't me.

As for the game. It's just a game. But I hear you. It's lame. Maybe even lamer than do the alphabet before a pony gets posted. But, we are trying to engage others. Serious hypothetical deep philosophical discussion attempts were met with cricket noises in the back ground. Lame has actually gotten some responses. Ummm, I guess I have to go with lame.

And speaking of lame, I am now going to time travel back to an earlier version of Spears...

if Tulpas were like wishes, I could ride my cat up a tree. :)

I still don't understand this game, but ok here goes.

If my tulpa were Brittany Spears, I'd have just gotten the #1 spot on the arcade by clicking on my tulpa repeatedly.

Edit: forgot the part for the next person. The next person's tulpa is entirely spherical.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

The "next person" part is something I added to make the game make sense. As you see with Solarchariot's post, it wasn't intended.

Now let me ignore you and say "If my tulpa were fronting, this sentence would've been "If my host were fronting, this sentence would've been "If my tulpa were fronting, this could've been avoided"""

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't really know what's going on but...

If I were Michael Bay I would blow up transformer movies.

I don't think it's a bad idea to share each other's ideas about a prompt and then have people respond to them, although I wouldn't call that a forum game. I don't want to interpret this incorrectly, so correct me if my thoughts don't match what you're thinking.

I would put this in the lounge forum and then title it "If my Tulpa/Host were...". That way, someone's post can have a natural flow of responses and at the same time other people can continue to keep it moving. I think it would look something like this:

Person A: If my Tulpa were... (explanation / backstory)

Person B: Oh yeah, I know what person A is talking about (backstory)

Person C: If my Host were... (no backstory)

Also, I disagree with Person A.

...and so on.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account