On Parallel Processing...

MonarKay

Preface: I've been hanging out here long enough to know at least the basics of tulpae and tulpaforcing, so please don't start telling me stupid, basic stuff- this is a legitimate question.

Is there any way to help the development of parallel processing?

Originally I would have figured this was a thing that happened naturally, and there was no need to focus on it- however, I recently noticed that Kay can't really think about anything unless I'm thinking about it as well. This realization came after Kay starting weaving one of her stories to me- it was a very interesting story, but as it started getting to the end, we realized that she had no idea how it was going to end. I said, "It's okay- you can think of how the story will end, then you can tell the rest to me later." and life went on. Except, when I asked her about it again later, she hadn't thought about it at all. And I realized it was because I hadn't thought about it at all.

This seems a little distressing. Can Kay only think about things that I'm focusing on? I've heard that tulpa can think about pretty much anything they want, anytime they want. Is this true for us too, or is our ability to parallel process not fully developed yet?

tl;dr, me and my tulpa can't think about different things at the same time. Is there anything I can do to work on this?

Thanks for reading (and responding).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tulpae definitely do seem capable of thinking in background processes, given they've had training and practice with it. Luna and Saria will sometimes say something seemingly out of the blue, only to tell me they'd actually been thinking about it for a while. Trouble is, we have no idea how much of tulpaforcing is due to the tulpa, and how much is just the placebo effect.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

It appears Tulpa can think on their own independently, but they might have to learn how to....

They aren't used to living or having a brain yet, after all.

When you were 1 or 2 years old, it is likely that you couldn't focus or concentrate on things very well either.

Don't have a good answer yet, but I've had the exact same difficulty with Felicia. If I was to ask her opinion of something, I would have to start with mine then she could elaborate/contradict with her own opinion.

Witty signatures are hard to think of.

I think it's something that gets better with time, as you and your tulpa become more separate individuals. Tulpae rely a lot on the host in the beginning y'know. Then again, I could be wrong, I wish I had more experience with this, my own tulpa is still very young and not very vocal yet.

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

Kaoru has already surprised me quite a bit with some of the stuff she says, sometimes completely out of the blue too. It probably takes a while for tulpae to completely dissociate from their host, but i don't see any reason to doubt their capability of independent thinking as of now. As for a way to speed that up i wouldn't know, it will probably come with time sooner or later i guess? Theoretically you're beings that draw information from the same subconscious, at least initially, so it's normal not to be that much separated. Same reason you can probably understand what the other says a lot more than it happens with puny humans.

I suspect this is related to something Nanami and Layl were talking about on the IRC last week. They can switch already, but whoever is the tulpa isn't capable of much independent thought. If they leave the sight of the host in the wonderland, they basically stop and do not experience things anymore. The tulpa cannot focus on a problem if the host is not focusing on it too.

One method that was proposed to them for improving this is parallel conversations. Get both host and tulpa involved in entirely separate conversations on the IRC at once, one for the host and one per tulpa -- most likely having the tulpa(e) chat via proxying.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

The title confused me quite a bit. This ability should be called autonomy or something like that.

Parallel Processing is a term I've heard used around here before. I assumed it was the most used one.

I think it's something that gets better with time, as you and your tulpa become more separate individuals. Tulpae rely a lot on the host in the beginning y'know. Then again, I could be wrong, I wish I had more experience with this, my own tulpa is still very young and not very vocal yet.

So... just be patient then I guess. Not the answer I was hoping for, but it'll do. =)

One method that was proposed to them for improving this is parallel conversations. Get both host and tulpa involved in entirely separate conversations on the IRC at once, one for the host and one per tulpa -- most likely having the tulpa(e) chat via proxying.

Alright, I'll keep this in mind, thanks. Probably not ready for this yet though, since Kay is far from vocal.

So the general consensus I'm getting is yes, this is perfectly normal, and no, there isn't really anything I can do about it yet. We just need to keep working at the normal stuff.

Cool, thanks guys.

Alright, I'll keep this in mind, thanks. Probably not ready for this yet though, since Kay is far from vocal.

Same deal here. Mine are vocal but I can't hear them quickly and reliably enough to do this yet.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)