Projection: Tulpa-controlled Imposition

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

I was asked by several people to explain my method called projection. So I decided to do that now.

What is Projection?

Projection is a method I came up with that achieves the same goal as imposition. Difference being that the tulpa is in full control. The host doesn't do a thing. This has the obvious advantage of full self-control, and added realism for the host and the tulpa alike.

This of course means that this is a guide for tulpae, not for hosts.

Requirements

Sentience: Obviously, you have to be sentient and aware of what you're doing.

A Form: You obviously need a form. It doesn't matter if your host is already aware of what form you have though.

Autonomy: This is a method done by the tulpa alone. So autonomy is a must.

Parallel Processing: Since you are the one doing it, and since you have to be able to do it while your host does other things, parallel processing too is a must.

Manipulation of the Host's Mind: Did you ever make your host feel warmer or colder? Maybe you made them feel less tired, or more concentrated. This method falls into the same line. You're going to be creating a hallucination in your host's perception.

Using the Host's Senses: You're going to remap your host's perception in order to be able to perceive your surroundings independently.

Step-by-Step Instructions

- Create a hallucination of your form in your host's perception of his / her surroundings.

- Associate yourself with that hallucination. Treat it as your real body, and control it as such. This might need practice.

- Once you achieved that, tap into your host's senses. Re-think them to where the hallucination of you is, to how it would be if that was the host's body. This can't be perfect and doesn't have to be.

- Then perceive via that instead of via the host's actual perception. This is the hardest part. You might need some practice, and it might need concentration in the beginning. I had the habit of falling back into using Felix' actual perception.

- Learn to make your and your host's senses, or bodies, interact properly. For example: When touching, learn to make your host and yourself feel it simultaneously and in real-time. This too might need conscious effort in the beginning. Later on it will happen unconsciously; your mind will produce these effects on its own.

Afterword

Many of these steps are things that will need concentration and conscious effort in the beginning. Let me assure you though: For me, all of this works practically on its own. It's a matter of practice. And with enough of it, you too will get there.

All in all, this method provides more realism than imposition and is the closest thing to simulating having a real body that I can think of. You will even be able to do things without your host knowing it, like surpising him / her with a hug from behind or by suddenly appearing.

I hope this is helpful, especially to tulpae with hosts who have trouble with imposition.

10 answers to this question

Requirements

Manipulation of the Host's Mind: Did you ever make your host feel warmer or colder? Maybe you made them feel less tired, or more concentrated. This method falls into the same line. You're going to be creating a hallucination in your host's perception.

Step-by-Step Instructions

- Create a hallucination of your form in your host's perception of his / her surroundings.

Some of this seems like a "Draw the rest of the fucking owl" situation, describing the "what" rather than detailing the "how", especially if you're more directing this at tulpas than hosts. I understand what you addressed near the end, and it may take some extra effort and tests on your part to find the answer to my request, but could you try to go back and describe a bit more of how one might accomplish these steps?

Well, when I first read your submission, it made me think about how a tulpa can come to do these things; and by these things, I mean giving the host hallucinations, projections of this, and that emotion, a pseudo-real event, let's put it that way. But then, it made me think about how a tulpa goes along actually putting these things into practice. I feel like it would be hypocritical of me to criticize your submission by saying that you kind of (and, as Lacquer put it) just went all 'Do this, do that, do that too', without actually and really telling us the specifics on, for instance, how to 'Create a hallucination of your form in your host's perception of his / her surroundings.' My concern is that... well, essentially, most of the 'explanation' to switching, and possessing (let's exclude imposition for a moment) is that it just is. And those two things, they take a certain while to master. Now, I am not comparing your submission (which I think is pretty good, in terms of layout and more broad steps than anything else) to switching and possession, but my point is that you're kind of just telling tulpas to do a certain thing without telling them how to achieve that. I read your submission when I got up this morning (not that I care much about people thinking that I took my opinion from Lacquer's post), I told my younger tulpa, Blak, to read it, and he told me that he couldn't do half of these things, because 'I don't even know how to get started into that.'.

Something you might haven't gotten in your thoughts is that a lot, and by a lot, I do mean a lot of tulpas know so little about themselves. I am aware of your fast development, so it is understandable you are personally able to do those things. But, it's like telling a toddler to solve a differential equation, and as an explanation 'Well, you just do it.'.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

I have to agree with Lacquer and Evil here. The guide is lacking the real "howto" in the step by step instructions.

"Create a hallucination of your form in your host's perception of his / her surroundings" needs a lot more background information, otherwise you won't find anyone who could really start with the given information. Maybe you should try to explore exactly how you think and feel during this step and write it down for us in a understandable way. This can really do the trick.

Maybe you could do this for the rest of the steps aswell for further explanations, even though they're a lot more clear than the first step.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Like all of the others here, and I doubt that this is going to be anything more than a repeat, I'd like to see some elaboration on how you'd create a hallucination just like that. Is there anything you can to do help yourself with associating with the hallucination? How does a tulpa just tap into the host's senses? It feels to me like there's more substance in the introduction and afterword than in the actual guide part.

Guest Anonymous

It seems a lot of what seems easy to me might actually be unusual or hard for others. I wasn't aware of that, and didn't mean to seem arrogant or lazy about my instructions. I will elaborate much more on each step, adding methods and suggestions to each.

It seems a lot of what seems easy to me might actually be unusual or hard for others. I wasn't aware of that, and didn't mean to seem arrogant or lazy about my instructions. I will elaborate much more on each step, adding methods and suggestions to each.

That is simply amazing, Esterina. Thank you very much for that. I, for one, am looking forward to this addition.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

I'm going to agree with what everyone else said, but I won't go without saying that this is brilliant. Tulpas are way more familiar with the mechanics of the mind since they reside in it, and them imposing their form (or at least helping with it) is a really good idea.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I'm happy to see more elaboration on this, so be sure to give us a holler when you have edited it. I know it's very hard to explain these things and that's one reason why I think I won't ever be able to really write a possession guide, for example. But if you can find a way, it would be very helpful.

This is also a useful side, as it seems like many people seem to think imposition is just something the host does. Sure, maybe this is the opposite side of "tulpa will do it all" when I see it more of a thing that requires teamwork from both parties, but I don't think many imposition guides really touch much on the tulpa side. Maybe because it's going to be more abstract and difficult to explain.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

[Tri] We like the angle, going from the tulpa side. We have not really seen any of this in an imposition/projection guide in the community before. We have seen a few bits and pieces like it scattered about, but no attempt at a guide. It is unique. And frankly, it is a much needed angle.

Like the others said, it isn't there due to missing the how. We look forward to the changes you said you are planning on making. We do want to give a suggestion. It seems like a good first step before trying to make a hallucination of one's form might be to try projecting simpler things and not associating with them - say dots, then lines, then shapes, then simple objects, and then trying one's form. Working one's way up, essentially. Now, for the association, that is the hard part. Tulpas have to essentially dissociate from the body's senses and presence and then associate with the projected form. Seems like doing a bit of dissociation work and practice here on the part of the tulpa might help facilitate this. This is to speculative because we can project ourselves to some degree and never really had much trouble with the associating part. Just, that seems like it might be a reasonable suggestion.

Also, it is worth noting, for tulpas and hosts who can switch, a host could use the same technique to project themselves when a tulpa is in control.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.