Tulpas changing forms.

J.Iscariot

How easy is it for your tulpa to change forms at will?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How easy is it for your tulpa to change forms at will?

• It is very easy. My tulpa can do it anytime they want with no problems, and feels just fine doing so.
    • It is moderately easy, my tulpa can do it, but it would take us a certain while to accommodate to the changes.
    • It's inbetween hard and easy; my tulpa can do it, but not for too long, else they'll feel pretty weird outside of their base form.
    • It is quite hard, my tulpa can not change forms and maintain them consistently.
    • It is impossible for my tulpa to change forms in an adequate manner.

How easy is it for your tulpa to change forms at will? Does it require some time? Is it something they can do in a few seconds? If so, can they maintain the form for a long while? To tulpas who deviated in radical ways, how long did you have to wait for the changes to take place in a definitive way? Fill the poll and post whatevs, would love to hear about experiences and whatnot.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I usually do not do radical changes and my base form is pretty set. However, I can easily make small changes, like my eye color and hair length and of course my clothing. I change my dress and shoes several times a day. I have pretty much only had the one base form my entire existence. But I have toyed with the idea of making a pony form, mostly cause it would be cute. So far I haven't done much more than play around with the idea, mulling it over.

So as far as radically and permanently changing my base form.. uhhh no, I don't do that.

Oh wow, that spread of answers.

So I really don't like the phrasing of "it's impossible and we can't", but aside from clothing changes and occasional slight adjustments to how they look based on pictures (not like we can really tell anyways, visualization's too blurry), they've never changed forms and probably never will. Even Lucilyn being adventurous as she is would probably not be comfortable changing her form into something completely different. It's not really like us to be this way, but we're all very attached to our forms.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Heh. I literally cannot answer this one, because there's no option for "multiple tulpae; some can and some can't." I'm pretty much stuck in my form, even if I wanted to change, but, as I've mentioned before, my SO has two he swaps between at will, and both are equally "himself."

Though there's also the question of someone changing forms permanently from one thing to another. It's not uncommon for one of us to shift forms around early on, but by the time we've gained sentience, we're usually pretty stuck. Unless, as is the case with my SO for example, part of their identity is the fact that they're a shapeshifter of some flavor. In which case, both forms are already associated with them, and there's no need to reassociate.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Guest Anonymous

There's no appropriate option on the poll, so I'll just post it here like this:

"It is very easy. My tulpa can do it anytime they want with no problems, but prefers not to and doesn't feel comfortable doing so."

Greets,

AG

The impression I'm getting from my tulpa is that she can change her form if/when she wants. She hasn't done any drastic changing yet. The feeling I get from her is that there's been no need to. She's content with her shape.

As a design element part of her does change fluidly, namely her colour. When I designed her I gave her fur prismatic, mood ring like properties so that changes, and each time it does it seems more of a thing I need to re-adjust to instead of her. :P

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

I've seen them shift to certain forms every now and then, and I don't think there even needs to be some difficulty gap since it's not like the change is restrictive to something like a physiological one. Whatever difficulty in that is probably due to the flexibility of one's imagination, or just personal clinging to certain forms because of the experiences that allowed the form to be personified. In other words, the limit is probably the mentality.

Guest Anonymous

Whatever difficulty in that is probably due to the flexibility of one's imagination, or just personal clinging to certain forms because of the experiences that allowed the form to be personified. In other words, the limit is probably the mentality.

When it comes to constructs of the mind, such as thoughtforms, the only limits are the limits of imagination, cognition and memory.

Oh, I just realized. I almost completely rely on pictures of my tulpas to maintain any semblance of their image in my mind due to how poor my visualization is. So unless we changed the pictures, they couldn't change their forms much. And since I see "them" or their essence in those pictures, pictures of any other unrelated characters (and quite often pictures of the characters themselves) don't feel like "them" at all.

So yeah, "Impossible" as far as I'm concerned.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.