Tulpas and Their Perception of the Real World

Eis

Hello! I'm a new user on this platform and community. I have considered thoroughly the idea of creating a Tulpa and I believe i'll be indeed going through the process.

I have a general knowledge of the terminology used in this community and of the creation process.

English is not my main language, so apologies in advance if i err in grammar.

This is more like a question in curiosity,

I have heard that a Tulpa, when imposed into the real world, uses their host's senses to guide themselves. Depending on the host's sight to see, host's hearing to listen, etc.

I am curious if it is possible for the host and the Tulpa to work together and "build" a system to register information coming from the outside and register it and send the information to the right sense? Also imposing it on the Tulpa, and enable them to somewhat percieve the world that surrounds them by themselves while being imposed on it?

Another reason I started this thread and planting this question is, that for some reason I feel uncomfortable that my Tulpa would have to see through me and depend solely on my senses to guide herself. Not to mention the fact that she'd have to live with seeing herself in third-person while being on the real world. I would like to make her feel complete and that she is truly herself and in control of her body when inposed.

Thank you for the reading and any answers are appreciated

sounds preeeeeeetty metaphysicsal to me. You asked it really weirdly, but you're just asking if your tulpa can "learn" to sense things like they're really in that place right? However you word it, the answer is generally no, unless you can in which case the US government would like your assistance in identifying a very Russian-looking picture..

It doesn't feel like I'm "seeing myself in third-person" when imposed at all. Like, half the point of imposition is for the tulpa to feel like they're where their host is seeing them (and the other half is for their host to sense them like they're there). Like sure I can only sense what my host can, but like 90% of the time we already know the environment well enough it doesn't really matter. I can walk around a corner and feel like I'm over there just fine. I can't technically SEE anything over there, but unless something's changed since we last saw it it doesn't make much difference. Also we're usually pretty near the person fronting anyways.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Thanks for the answers so far. And really sorry I turned what could have been a simple sentence into an unnecessarily long paragraph.

When I mentioned "Working together" i referred to maybe some sort of training involving both the host and the tulpa to make the Tulpa develop its own set of senses, or at least help the tulpa recreate them based on the host's memories. For example, a host touching and feeling a piece of clothing, and then get the tulpa to touch the same cloth and try to recreate the sensation by themselves.

Or with sight, the host scans the room they're in and tries to get all the details they can of it, then have the tulpa to try and recreate the room and really feel it's there, being able to really see it.

-

So, is imposition for a tulpa similar to when a host visualizes in a wonderland, Not being able to see physically but rather with the mind's eye)? Just not seeing anything at all when not using the host's field of view?

You mean visualisation and imposition training?

Read the threads I linked.

I think they're asking if imposed tulpas experience things only through the host's senses or if they can experience your mind's model of your surroundings in "first person", complete with the proper smells, textures, tastes, sounds, etc. So if the imposed tulpa were to "touch" an ice cube or "smell" a rose that's somewhere in your environment, would they experience the sensations associated with those actions? Or if you're in your house and they "walk" into another room, would they "see" the room?

For death begins with life's first breath, 

And life begins at touch of death.

I think they're asking if imposed tulpas experience things only through the host's senses or if they can experience your mind's model of your surroundings in "first person", complete with the proper smells, textures, tastes, sounds, etc. So if the imposed tulpa were to "touch" an ice cube or "smell" a rose that's somewhere in your environment, would they experience the sensations associated with those actions? Or if you're in your house and they "walk" into another room, would they "see" the room?

My thoughts exactly, thanks a lot.

Desmond: "I'm not even visually imposed but I do hang around host's environment and I guess I see things in first person? I don't really think about it. It doesn't bother me at all that I can't "really" see around corners unless my host knows what's there. I can feel the texture and smell of things as long as we know what they smell and feel like as well.

Don't know if this answers anything."

Edit: I tried to switch to his account but for some reason it only switched after I hit post lol

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

Desmond: "I'm not even visually imposed but I do hang around host's environment and I guess I see things in first person? I don't really think about it. It doesn't bother me at all that I can't "really" see around corners unless my host knows what's there. I can feel the texture and smell of things as long as we know what they smell and feel like as well.

Don't know if this answers anything."

Edit: I tried to switch to his account but for some reason it only switched after I hit post lol

It helped alot, thanks for the answer ^^

Sorry for late reply, by the way.