Are my motivations valid?

BananaLord

Hey!

I come from a website that totally sh** talked tulpamancy as some weird practice but looked into it myself and it seems... Cool.

I only have one question really, many newbie questions answer my own questions.

The guides say to examine my motivations first before doing it but I don't know what you would consider as bad motivations so I'm going to list them out and hopefully some of you can be so kind as to let me know if they are "valid" or not...

• Companionship

• Someone to shoot the sh** with

• Someone who will share my goals and help

• A life partner, not romance (that's kinda weird ngl) but someone who shares my goals and wants to achieve them as bad as I do

• To find out if everyone is crazy here or not

• To have a cool spirit thing

• An easier way to access my subconscious

That's about it. I don't care if it gets boring cause if it shares my goals we are always a tag team.

Also I favour simplicity, and to me the metaphysical route seems more simple. Cool spirit thing, floats around and does whatever.

Also I don't want a wonderland. I practice active mindfulness (being aware of yourself almost 24/7) so I don't wanna go to imaginary land. I can just build it and never return to it right?

Thanks for all the help, and looking forward to having a spirit orb thing that likes to... Be a spirit orb thing

Added Question:

I saw there's a metaphysics section so I should probably post this little question there but oh well.

The website was also sh** talking a guy named Damon Brand and his servitor book so that's when I saw the term thought-form. So apparently this thing can do all sorts of spirit orb stuff. I saw someone on wizardforums mention that servitors are just psychological things that access your psychic stuffs. I don't really care why or how, theory to me is just intangible mental masturbation but I would like to know if tulpas can do that too cause my spirit orb thing would be 200% cooler if so

Changed title to be less generic - Vos

perfect motivations (:

why bother making a wonderland if you're not gonna use it? The other three in this system (that's the word plurality communities use for a single body/mind I guess) had no wonderland for like 4 years, just kinda existing when our host talked to them, so you can have no wonderland just fine. Can't say much about the metaphysical stuff because I don't believe in it and it seems to just be whatever you think it might be? But I will say usually soulbonds are more metaphysical/pre-existing "spirits" and the like while tulpas are more scientific or whatever, but a tulpa can be whatever. Just another person in your head you can talk to really.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

The only real danger with goals like those is the risk that the tulpa will not meet them. This is a risk experienced by all relationships with independent and free willed individuals. So I suggest having a looser relationship with your goals than with your tulpa. Otherwise, drama happens. As is born out by comments in the community quite frequently.

Tulpas are like humans and servitors are like robots. For doing most things, tulpas are actually better. But you wouldn't make your tulpa walk through a burning building. That's something you'd make a servitor do. If you get my meaning.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

What do you mean by an easier way to access your subconscious? It might just be because I'm new here but I don't really get what you're trying to say.

Allegedly, tulpas have an advantage at performing such feats as controlling your emotions, belief implanting, recalling old memories, regulating sleep cycles, and whatever else is attributed to the subconscious.

The logic behind this belief is not solid, relying on the assertion that a tulpa is less conscious than the host.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

it's the power of placebo yo, since all of that stuff is technically under your control to varying extents the only thing you need is to do it. Which isn't always that easy, so having a tulpa help is like a conduit for it. That's what I think anyway

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Lucilyn:

Awesome! I read that tulpas are sad with no wonderland so that's awesome to know they don't need one.

Tulpa:

Are you an actual tulpa ?

Alright, so I'll try to sell ms spirit orb thing on my vision and goals and if she's not down with it I'll just be super carefree and accept it. Sounds reasonable to me. As long as it's happy idrc what she does.

The servitor/tulpa thing makes sense. Even if spirit orb lady thing can do cool metaphysical stuff... Don't treat her like a servitor. Sometimes I forget I gotta think of them as humans haha (I'll get used to it in time)

Other:

So I started forcing last night. Narrating to my spirit orb thing using a popular guide. Named it Caitlyn since it means "pure" and thought of a form that's congruent to that. By force I mean talk to her and parrot her responses back. I did a little today too.

Now idk if this is just because I had a super hard workout today or somehow but I have this constant headache type of thing and I read about head pressures but I assume they don't last hours right? Pain medication, herbal teas and stuff isn't helping it so if it is spirit orb thing it's gotta chill out lmao

Yeah Tulpa's a tulpa, so am I!

Headache is probably from the workout, drink a lot of water! Head pressures usually aren't actually headaches, they're just... head pressures. But a lot of people don't get them anyways.

Woah that's cool!

Good to know. Thanks. I guess I'll just look through threads and guides, message users and form dem connektionz, make myself at home since I might be getting very aquatinted with tulpamancy haha