An Introduction to the Gray Dimension

GrayTheCat

Do you want more stories about the Gray Dimension?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more stories about the Gray Dimension?

• Let's Hear Em'!
    • Okay Basketcase. Nooo thanks.

I could put this in a progress report, but it wouldn't work because a lot of this happened in the past and I will be explaining the Gray Dimension in story-like form, since I best remember my experiences as stories.

Warning: If you are bothered by confusing weird stories, then this post may not be for you. Also, go get a hug because you probably need one.

I created Ranger by accident. My suspicion is Ranger, along with my imagination, was used to cope with my anxiety. I didn't know about Tulpas until mid January, so 5ish years later I now have a lot of questions about what the hell happened in my brain then and what it all means.

The Gray Dimension, the wonderland and everything in it, is complicated, so I had lots of thoughts and theories for sure. However, I don't know where to start piecing this together now that I know that Ranger is a Tulpa. My questions range from "Is Ranger my only Tulpa?" to "How much of an ethical disaster zone did I create?"

I'm calling it all "The Gray Dimension" because there's a lot to unpack and the Wonderland itself isn't the whole picture. The Gray Dimension also evolved a lot over time, so I'm not sure where to start either. I could write an entire book on the Gray Dimension, but I want to be to the point and not have people read 5 million paragraphs. I'll leave a basic description of what the Gray Dimension is bellow and then I'll let this form inspire the new post (If everyone is interested in learning more). Each post will be one story, but this post is just a basic idea of what the Gray Dimension is to keep it short.

The Gray Dimension is a place where a character named Gray interacts with other people in his own head and a bunch of weird stuff happens. In my head scape I call "The Gray Dimension", I represent myself as Gray. Ranger is himself and all of the other characters are clones of either Gray or Ranger, hence the name of the head scape. This was built on the idea that Ranger was my "subconscious" and the other characters were inspired by either my feelings, ID/Super Ego, Religion? , other weird ideas, and etc. The weirdness escalates to creepy, scary and just plain crazy, so revisiting this is going to force me to question how I probably should have handled things and may explain where Ranger and I stand now. I can't explain what's going on between us without explaining what happened in there.

Another Warning: There is a bunch of content that is explicit, but of the explicit content it is mostly violent (not really at all sexual) or just flat out disturbing. If you guys feel I should put this in the NSFW section, then I will. Regardless, I'll put warnings on stories that dive deeper into the explicit content and/or I can have two posts for some stories (One that describes the explicit content in more detail and another that doesn't) if that works better.

I don't want to spill crazy out onto the internet if no one wants it, so I'll let you guys decide where I start and I will go from here.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

there is no NSFW section, but maybe this would be better in Lounge, which is sorta the off-topic section. But like, even our Q&A thread is in Lounge, so it's like an on-topic off-topic section if that makes sense? Ahhh well, just warn up-front that it'll be "NSFW" and why (like you did), that's the rule on the forum really. That people shouldn't read/see stuff they didn't want to.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

there is no NSFW section, but maybe this would be better in Lounge, which is sorta the off-topic section. But like, even our Q&A thread is in Lounge, so it's like an on-topic off-topic section if that makes sense? Ahhh well, just warn up-front that it'll be "NSFW" and why (like you did), that's the rule on the forum really. That people shouldn't read/see stuff they didn't want to.

Thank you for the feedback. I suppose it is off topic, even though it is kind of like a progress report. The only difference is I want people to ask questions and comment, where progress reports are used to record in-the-moment I believe.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

This is my second post about the Gray Dimension. You can read the previous post if you want to (It's called "An Introduction to the Gray Dimension"), but I will say most of the same things I said there here. There's a poll on the first post, but other than that you don't have to go there.

The "Gray Dimension" in a nutshell is my weird way of coping with my emotions and anxieties by essentially turning them into a weird role-play thing. The only reason I want to share it out on the Tulpa forms is I suspect most of Ranger's forcing came out of it and I have no idea where to start re-analyzing the entire thing. I doubt people will relate to it, but perhaps some pieces here and there may lead to connections and/or answers I didn't have before. The other reason is this ultimately gives an interesting perspective on Tulpamancy as a whole, raising questions on the forcing process, how people talk to themselves, and how the Gray Dimension even happened to begin with.

So here's a General Warning: All of the things about the Gray Dimension are weird. If you are not into weird stories, then just ignore and avoid my threads on this topic in general.

WARNING: Some of the content I will cover may be disturbing, really creepy, or explicit. The explicit content mostly contains some violence, visualizations of dark thoughts, and not really anything sexual but confused sexuality is a theme here. Otherwise, some of the content may be disturbing. If you are worried this content could make you uncomfortable, please don't feel like you have to read it. I will always give a clear warning if the form I write contains anything disturbing.

This form does not dive into anything explicit aside from mentioning that there is explicit content. I only left the warning because future posts most likely will contain explicit content.

Warnings aside, I'm going to cover the difference between "Grays" and "Rangers" and briefly explain the general direction these "role-plays" tend to go in.

The Gray Dimension has two key people involved:

Gray: How I see myself in Wonderland. The Gray Dimension is supposedly his head and everyone else is either a personified thought/emotion or Ranger and/or Ranger and Ranger's clones (depends on when).

Ranger: Gray's best friend and Ally. It wasn't until recently I realized he was a Tulpa. Before I considered him to be a mysterious companion and possibly my subconscious. I was always assumed he had a mind of his own, just knowing for sure then seemed almost impossible.

The general idea here is Gray creates mental "clones" of himself by materializing his thoughts/feelings/ideas into a more human form (kind of like how people do in real life sometimes or how this process is portrayed in cartoons and whatnot). Ranger eventually followed suit and created clones of himself as time progressed. All of the characters are either classified as "Grays" (Gray created them) or "Rangers" (Ranger created them and is supposedly all of them simultaneously, more on that later). Despite the majority of characters being one or the other, some characters are not considered to be either or a mix of both for various reasons.

The overall "plot" of the Gray Dimension at first was the other Grays (mostly Dark Gray) want to take over the mindscape and the story is how they go about it and what Gray/Ranger/etc. do about it. The plot eventually started to fade away and what happened in the "story" was steered by Gray or usually a "Gray" interacting with others, especially those associated with anxiety or "the Rangers".

That's some of the general stuff. Let me know what you guys want me to talk about next or if you have any questions or concerns.

Our system account