A lonely teen's attempt at crafting the perfect husbando

Acheronian

WARNING: The title is parodical in nature. Author's real main goal is not to make the perfect imaginary boyfriend of her dreams.

Hello! You may have noticed a recent flooding of posts from some chick you've never seen before. That new girl is me! After only two day of knowing of the existence of tulpas I have already read every guide in the guide section of this site, made my self an account, and spammed at least one tulpa general thread in /mlp/ with an insane number of questions.

So, how far am I into the tulpa making process? So far I haven't done much of anything in making the tulpa itself yet. I did a little "test run" last night before I went to bed though. I've gotten a few headaches from that test run so I must have done something right (of course, the could have been sleep deprivation kicking in). I haven't been a lazy Larry though. Aside from brushing up on everything tulpa I have been working intensely on what my tulpa is too look like, in addition I've got a basic idea for his personality.

I'll elaborate more on the character himself later. For now here's a picture of a gun I'm planning to have him hold.

552874_4135910675653_1220181980_33992641_1381286605_n.jpg

Impractical fantasy guns ftw!

I am Questioner

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way you're thinking. It's like "Here, I'm your creator and I present you with this steampunk flintlock that appears to also be part pocket watch." He'll immediately be happy to be alive.

Anyway, have you given any thought to his personality yet, and do you plan on using FAQ's method or Irish's, or some kind of personal hybrid (like a pocket watch gun)?

Make sure you give him a huge tophat too.

Steampunk is best punk.

Of course, the tophot also requires at least one decoratively engraved bayonet. He also needs a hot air balloon with a mounted black powder railgun to ride around in and a monocle that's also a scope to a tiny flintlock that's attached to it, because it's not steampunk unless everything's a ridiculously impractical weapon. But then again, that's also why steampunk is best punk.

I like the way you're thinking. It's like "Here, I'm your creator and I present you with this steampunk flintlock that appears to also be part pocket watch." He'll immediately be happy to be alive.

Anyway, have you given any thought to his personality yet, and do you plan on using FAQ's method or Irish's, or some kind of personal hybrid (like a pocket watch gun)?

Yeah, like I said a I already have a basic idea of what his personality would be like. As for method I am using a bit of both. I'd be happy to elaborate on that if you want (what parts of the methods I'm planning to use).

Make sure you give him a huge tophat too.

Steampunk is best punk.

Well actually I'm going for a more mad scientist/ soldier hybrid look. I've imagined so much crap for his looks I don't think I can add anymore ;o;

Of course, the tophot also requires at least one decoratively engraved bayonet. He also needs a hot air balloon with a mounted black powder railgun to ride around in and a monocle that's also a scope to a tiny flintlock that's attached to it, because it's not steampunk unless everything's a ridiculously impractical weapon. But then again, that's also why steampunk is best punk.

*I know this is a joke post but asdfhjkljhjasdf so much crap*

Having seen your pony thread in the off topic area, I must now ask...are you making a steampunk pony? Because that would pretty much make all of deviantart jelly.

Haha XD Unfortunately no. If I'm going to waste two months of my life making an elaborate imaginary friend I think it would best be spent making a cute boy.

Will be elaborating on looks and personality on next post which I will be making in a few minutes.

I am Questioner

Here's a little paragraph that I pulled together out of his personality traits that I wrote down on paper:

"One of the first things one may notice about Victor Crossfire is his polite and chivalrous nature. Despite his tendencies to over apologise he is the kind of guy that feeds stray kittens and help old ladies cross the street. Occasionally enjoys a good book.

Aha! But don't let his seemingly quiet demeanor fool you! Along with his appetite for a good book he also eats adventure for his main course! (and maybe some chess for desert!) Skillful and hardworking his small structure is just a cover up for his brutal strength!

So basically an all around nice guy with a balanced diet of slow paced relaxation and high paced action!"

So here, my "basic" idea for his personality.Out of that 15 - 30 traits I'm supposed to write down I only wrote like, 5. I mean idk 30 seems an awful lot for something we're supposedly going to leave "open". (But now that I've re-read my paragraph he does sound kinda shallow...I'll add more later.)

Also, here's a head shot of him.

564377_4141537736326_1660829829_n.jpg

I am Questioner

Sounds like you've got a good start, and that design sketch is pretty neat. I know it does seem like a lot to come up with 30 traits but once you get into it, you find that you can cover a lot of layers and still leave things open (prime exampe--my personality write-up was 65 pages long and my tulpa still deviated). Things like their philosophies, outlook on life, political opinions maybe, how social or introverted they are, how judgmental they are, the kind of stuff that would come up in the type of personality tests they used to make you take on career day back in school (the one that gives you your four letter personality index or whatever it's called) or a political compass test.