Tulpa Anatomy

G|d30n

Question

So, I've discussed this issue with a few users and mentioned the topic in a few threads already and it was suggested that I make a thread about this. Basically, I'm giving an overview of a visualization method that's worked for Avalanche and me, and also looking for thoughts on the topic.

Forcing anatomy isn't exactly a traditional method so far (what is traditional with tulpae though?) and it seems to be something not many have mentioned having done. There are some benefits to it, however, both from practical standpoints and just as visualization techniques. The good news is, it's not really any harder than forcing anything else during visualization and preparation time is minimal.

You really only need a high schooler's/first year college student's understanding of the human body, which nearly all of us already have. You should also review some charts for a visual refresher. Looking at scientific charts can be boring, of course, so here's a picture of two x-ray'd women fighting for some reason:

[broken image removed]

You enjoy that. Anyway, I don't want to bog down this post with a bunch of images so here are a couple links to some more scientific references:

Bone structure.

All the gross stuff.

So now that we got that of the way, why should we force anatomy into our tulpae? Well, there are some benefits to it, both to the tulpa's development and for your benefit as well. For the most profound one, I'm going to quote Avalanche: "When I put the brain in there was a very dramatic effect...When I put my hands on her head and imagined a brain inside, she went from puppet stiff and lifeless to being all limp and unconscious, but there was like there was life in her."

So that's obviously something we all want--a jumpstart to our tulpa's mental development, and it's easily accomplished with just a single visualization exercise that ties the personality you developed to the body you're forming.

There are more benefits though, one being to the process of visualization. From my own experience, I was having a trouble with sliding proportions in the first day of visualization. That is to say--and many seem to express this problem--I'd focus on one part of my tulpa, and then things would get weird when I stopped paying attention and moved on. It wasn't just something that could be attributed to deviation either. Her arms would suddenly be different lengths, her legs would be too long. She wasn't looking like a person and it was starting to freak me out a little, so I forced a skeleton inside her and that seemed to fix it right away.

There's a more subtle benefit too that I've noted in my own experience. Those of you who have a background in game design, robotics, psychology, or who just read a lot of things on the Internet (that sounds like all of us I'm guessing) will be familiar with the uncanny valley--the idea that when something looks really close to human, but isn't, it freaks us out. There are a lot of subtle biological processes that set humans apart from robots or mannequins or other human-like things that freak us out. Our respiratory, digestive, and circulatory processes all cause us to shift our weight around when we stand or sit, breathe (obviously), move our muscles subtly when we're in a relaxed state--without those things, we look like Stepford Wives and it's kind of creepy, and you don't want to be creeped out by your tulpa, right?

So, TL;DR, study some anatomy, and force it into your tulpa.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'll add that, based on the convo here and from practicing breathing in sessions/everyday visualization, breath especially gives a tulpa a lot more life. No person or animal is ever completely still because of their breath, and it's what immediately allows us to distinguish between someone living or dead, and I'd guess we all want our tulpas to fall more into the 'living' category. Imagining the anatomy of the lungs may also help.

I've personally been giving my tulpa massages all over the body to help in visualization, and it's been working very well. Since he's more animal than human, I've been recalling a lot of dog anatomy as well as conjuring a bit of my own. Getting tactile helps you visualize a lot at once, and may also give you more of a personal connection. I've even done a bit of 'sculpting' IRL- just running my hands along where I imagine the body to be, and giving it size and shape. I probably look ridiculous, but that's what locked doors and blinds are for... among other things.

Massaging your tulpa is awesome. I immensely recommend it.

Also, skinless fighting chicks is my favorite fetish.

Guest Anonymous

Google Lab's Zygote Body http://www.zygotebody.com/ should become very useful for visualizing anatomy since it's all 3D and you can turn layers on and off. I'm not sure if it works on other browsers, but at the very least it works best on Google Chrome.

Oddly enough, the first thing I thought of when I saw the title was a little piece called

from a rock opera.

That said, it seems that this advanced anatomy stuff is having a positive effect for the people that do it. Keep it up.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

No person or animal is ever completely still because of their breath, and it's what immediately allows us to distinguish between someone living or dead, and I'd guess we all want our tulpas to fall more into the 'living' category. Imagining the anatomy of the lungs may also help.

That's more or less what I was alluding to with my reference to the Stepford Wives effect and the Uncanny Valley, but yes, that's another good point for why forcing anatomy can benefit the natural, living appearance of a tulpa.

Google Lab's Zygote Body http://www.zygotebody.com/ should become very useful for visualizing anatomy since it's all 3D and you can turn layers on and off. I'm not sure if it works on other browsers, but at the very least it works best on Google Chrome.

That's a really good reference. Thank you for sharing it.

That said, it seems that this advanced anatomy stuff is having a positive effect for the people that do it. Keep it up.

I'll say! Lauren seems to be developing sentience at about 36 hours into forcing, and that's something I attribute in part to anatomy forcing (among other things) as detailed in my latest progress report.

I'll give my account of what I have done in relation to anatomy forcing.

I did the bones first, as I too had problems with sliding proportions of body parts. She would become too tall or her arms would be longer than my own, etc etc. So I put my hands on either side of her head and imagined a skull in there. I saw it like an xray snapshot, really quickly and cleanly. I didn't go into much detail, there isn't any need to. For the other bones I just did the simple ones- collarbone, shoulder blades, ribs, Humerus, Radius, Ulna, Spine, Pelvis, Femur, Tibia, Fibula, and all the little bones in the hands and feet. I also imagined the 3 little bones in the ears for some reason.

I just ran my hand along the skin and imagined the bone materializing inside- nothing too special. I would also recommend doing this a few more times the next day to really solidify it.

I did the same for the organs- Brain, lungs, liver, stomach, throat, large and small intestines, bladder, kidneys and heart. I just placed my hand over where they should be (like I was going to do cpr) and "saw" the organs materialize. This helps you see your tulpa not as an empty shell but a living organic being. I also "carved" out a space down the throat to the lungs and through the stomach and... out. I then put in muscles in the same way as everything else (only the really basic ones and I just imagined them appearing) and then the main arteries. I filled them with blood and then focused on seeing my tulpa breathe. I also felt for a pulse and there was one, matching my own.

As I said, do this over a number of days to solidify it. Another trick I used for countering sliding body proportions is to set them back to their proper length, and before they slide out all over the place again, sort of... feel like they are fast set in steel. Really imagine the sound that they are being bolted down and they aren't going anywhere. That's what I do and it works the best.

My tulpa is now unconscious on her bed. Whenever I try to pick her up she has a weight to her and she flops about, but in the limits of what her bones allow. She isn't stiff and empty like she was. I also don't see her organs every time I look at her which I think may be a fear for some people. Also the muscles help give her skin definition instead of being flat and undetailed.

frt

I never visualized any of this stuff, just his outsides. Interestingly enough, as a possible result, QB has described and physically shown himself to be "squishy stuff all the way through". If you push down hard enough and he allows it, he basically has the consistency of a stress ball - varying depending on his will.

Yet when he moves you can see his muscles moving around underneath the skin and fur, and more importantly, his body maintains the shape of someone with muscles and a skeleton... abstract physics at their finest.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Explain why a mind construct would need anatomy?

He explains it in the opening post. The paragraphs a bit under the image of the boxing x-rayed women.

TL;DR, his multiple justifications seem to be:

- If you imagine an inner part of the body existing, it makes it easier for you to imagine the tulpa performing its function (ex. Forcing a brain so it's easier to imagine that they can think)

- Using a literal skeleton as the "skeleton"/design plan for the tulpa, to judge body part length and stuff like that.

- If your tulpa just does things directly, without the subtleties of the way your organs should affect you, you might feel creeped out by them, uncanny valley etc.

Just repeating this stuff of course, I didn't do it so I can't tell one way or the other if it'd help.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

So exactly how much detail should i be putting into this? Will the just the basics be enough?

Good guide btw , i was wondering if i should do this or not

So exactly how much detail should i be putting into this? Will the just the basics be enough?

Good guide btw , i was wondering if i should do this or not

I did the basic stuff- Brain, Heart, Lungs, Kidneys, Stomache, Intestines, Bladder, Bones (easier than it seems) and veins.

You could do the central nervous system, but it's not necessary to believe it's real.

Make sure to put blood in there and feel the heartbeat and breath once you put those in. Everything else is optional/too much.

frt