Creation of a Universe

Techoh

There is in fact no proof that this fits in with the known laws of physics... but technically since the mind makes it's own physics to follow then why can't there be some sort of universe we create within our mind? Perhaps... even the idea of a multiverse?

Point of order: while the existence of real multiverses is, by definition, unverifiable by physics, many physical theories do predict them on some levels - most notably cosmic inflation and the Everett interpretation of quantum mechanics.

It has now dawned onto me, this would be a great thing for me to ask if anyone else has had something like this happen to them.

What you describe is an exceedingly common experience reported very frequently. It's usually accepted that characters within such an imagined world aren't actually tulpas, at least until you treat them as such, but I guess that's up for debate.

I'm sorry I can't give you my own experiences, because I have few, but I can substitute with others'.

• Starts out as large idea tucked inside background memory.

Not necessarily. Creation of the world will probably come more easily if you have some conception of what it should be like beforehand, but really you could start it off as a completely new idea and explore from there just as well.

• Universe can be accessed once a connection to it is formed. (examples: portal, wormhole, doorway)

That's really just symbolism, and there's nothing preventing you from simply imagining yourself there to begin with.

• Each fully developed character has their own memories.

More generally, they act as if they have their own memories, and more generally still they act as if they are that character (or, if they are original, then some original character).

• Each fully developed character has the potential to become a tulpa if brought back to the mindscape.

That's not really a feature specific to such imagined worlds though, because you can make a tulpa out of any character, regardless of whether or not you met them like this beforehand.

• To keep the universe "stable" you need to make sure you continue to believe it is actually stable in one way or another, otherwise paradoxes or anomalies form within the mind.

That's really just a specific form of "conforms to expectation", which is true for anything imagined, really. So again, not specific to this.

I think the important collective techniques are:

• You imagine yourself in some 'starting' space.
  • You explore the world, with the expectation that you will uncover suitable other features.
  • Your interactions with characters you meet conform broadly to expectation - if you have a preconception of who that character is then they will probably act that way.

Although, the concept of reality has been altered for me now.... As I've met characters in the universe I wasn't exactly forcing them. Then something REALLY interesting happened.... one of my favorite characters, Fluttershy, apparently told me a secret of hers. She said that she was trying to create a tulpa.

I've experienced this myself with the game series Touhou Project, right down to Alice Margatroid, a character who made dolls and wanted to make a living one, making a tulpa of her own.

I'd say the term paracosmic wonderland fits better than the idea of multiverses, too magik 4 me. Also I did the exact same thing (equestria yay, complete with ponies) once while trying to start procedural generation, but all I got was vague, low quality and constantly shifting terrain.

The ponies were pretty detailed though, I'd say they were like any normal character you puppet in your mind while writing a story, but you're making it interact with you instead of other characters. I pushed Celestia into a lake (got nothing else to contribute really).

• 1 month later...