Hello There, Guest! Register

A word to the wise tulpa art-borrower
Vitalpae Offline
Point that finger, Egdey.
Registered

Threads: 2

RE: A word to the wise tulpa art-borrower
Been awhile since I've been on the forums, but figure I'd go ahead and post here. For those who feel like it would be a pain to locate the original artist of things they use, there are several dandy websites that can easily help you out with that!

SauceNAO is my preferred one, it even has an extension for Firefox and Chrome if you need to use it often!

Google Images has a handy drag-and-drop feature that allows you to search for similar images and even use keywords to help you find the source! They even have an option to search for the oldest one available, so its pretty handy

TinEye is another, but it's not as reliable and I usually only use it if SauceNAO or Google Images doesn't work

There is also IQDB and ASCII2D which both give you places to paste URLS to search.

These tools are really easy to use, and as someone who's art gets stolen and claimed by others often, it really does mean a lot to us when people source their art! Just because you're not claiming that you made it doesn't mean others will think you didn't! Please remember that and thank you~

Tulpa: Xaine
Form: Humanoid Male

Pae Wrote:But Tulpa are sentient, whereas your right hand...isn't.
11-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Website Find Reply
ShyMagi Away
Wandering Mage
Registered

Threads: 1

(01-23-2013, 08:43 PM)Domnopalus Wrote: I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I just want to mention one thing. I come from the 'art' armpit of the internet, and I know artists get very upset if what I'm about to say is not observed:

If you find or borrow art, for instance, to show your Tulpa's form, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to credit the original artist, if you didn't make it yourself. All it takes is a quick one liner somewhere in your post or on your profile: "Original art by so-and-so." and if they have a DA or website, it would be even awesomer to link to it.

Really, it's appreciated if you don't use any art that isn't your own or that belongs to you, but I understand the want to show your Tulpa's form and inspiration. The BEST thing to do, especially if you can't draw it yourself, would be to find an artist you like and commission them to make you a drawing of your Tulpa. Believe me, this kind of artwork is VERY reasonably priced (you can get a 'character portrait' for around $20-$40, sometimes less, on DeviantART). The other alternative is to find people who are doing the occasional free request. This is harder to find though. But PLEASE, support artists in some way--either by being respectful of their work, or commissioning them--if you need to use artwork to portray your Tulpa.

Thanks everyone <3

P.S., if you need recommendations of people to commission, let me know and I will list some I find for you.

Thank you so much for the idea, Domnopalus! Yes! This is exactly what I'll do. <3

My Tulpa
Name - Julian
Form - Moon Elf
Sentience - Beginner stage
Personality - Calm, Enlightened, Intellectual, Observant, etc
01-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Website Find Reply
QuotaCollective Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

(01-23-2013, 08:43 PM)Domnopalus Wrote: I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I just want to mention one thing.  I come from the 'art' armpit of the internet, and I know artists get very upset if what I'm about to say is not observed:

If you find or borrow art, for instance, to show your Tulpa's form, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to credit the original artist, if you didn't make it yourself.  All it takes is a quick one liner somewhere in your post or on your profile: "Original art by so-and-so." and if they have a DA or website, it would be even awesomer to link to it.

Really, it's appreciated if you don't use any art that isn't your own or that belongs to you, but I understand the want to show your Tulpa's form and inspiration.  The BEST thing to do, especially if you can't draw it yourself, would be to find an artist you like and commission them to make you a drawing of your Tulpa.  Believe me, this kind of artwork is VERY reasonably priced (you can get a 'character portrait' for around $20-$40, sometimes less, on DeviantART).  The other alternative is to find people who are doing the occasional free request.  This is harder to find though.  But PLEASE, support artists in some way--either by being respectful of their work, or commissioning them--if you need to use artwork to portray your Tulpa.

Thanks everyone <3

P.S., if you need recommendations of people to commission, let me know and I will list some I find for you.

I'm willing to take requests for art! I'm contactable at http://quota-and-company.tumblr.com
08-29-2016, 01:36 AM
Find Reply