A word to the wise tulpa art-borrower

Domnopalus

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I just want to mention one thing. I come from the 'art' armpit of the internet, and I know artists get very upset if what I'm about to say is not observed:

If you find or borrow art, for instance, to show your Tulpa's form, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to credit the original artist, if you didn't make it yourself. All it takes is a quick one liner somewhere in your post or on your profile: "Original art by so-and-so." and if they have a DA or website, it would be even awesomer to link to it.

Really, it's appreciated if you don't use any art that isn't your own or that belongs to you, but I understand the want to show your Tulpa's form and inspiration. The BEST thing to do, especially if you can't draw it yourself, would be to find an artist you like and commission them to make you a drawing of your Tulpa. Believe me, this kind of artwork is VERY reasonably priced (you can get a 'character portrait' for around $20-$40, sometimes less, on DeviantART). The other alternative is to find people who are doing the occasional free request. This is harder to find though. But PLEASE, support artists in some way--either by being respectful of their work, or commissioning them--if you need to use artwork to portray your Tulpa.

Thanks everyone <3

P.S., if you need recommendations of people to commission, let me know and I will list some I find for you.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

Gee, its not like we have an art section or something like that. And why make this post? Who russed them jammies? Was it Aurora?

There are not many other artists on here and it is something I have seen a lot. I was posting this so people would be aware to be respectful. That is all. I thought I wrote it very nicely, too, actually. It is just a point to be made from a perspective that is not commonly seen around here. Not accusing anyone--just saying be aware and advised.

And no need to get your undies in a bunch, either.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

Thread stickied, because it's a good point.

I will pass on the opportunity to self-promote art requests because I don't have much time for them anymore.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

Hmmm... Just joined this month, thinks it's a good idea to give advice to people who already know what they should be doing... gets upset when someone rustles himz jimmies... seems legit. ^_^

Ermahgerd Ver fer Vernderterr

• 2 weeks later...

Really, it's appreciated if you don't use any art that isn't your own or that belongs to you, but I understand the want to show your Tulpa's form and inspiration. The BEST thing to do, especially if you can't draw it yourself, would be to find an artist you like and commission them to make you a drawing of your Tulpa. Believe me, this kind of artwork is VERY reasonably priced (you can get a 'character portrait' for around $20-$40, sometimes less, on DeviantART). The other alternative is to find people who are doing the occasional free request. This is harder to find though. But PLEASE, support artists in some way--either by being respectful of their work, or commissioning them--if you need to use artwork to portray your Tulpa.

[O.k. I've updated kerin's avatar to use the commissioned "'character portrait'" that my wife had done for me for Christmas, by artist John Fouche ( http://www.Toonlancer.com ).

By the way, that's basically kerin's personality and what she looks like when she's in our wonderland. And, she really does attract animals like that (irl).

Thanks,

Kevin (kerin's human).]

Edit(23 July 2013): the avatar is now Nobillis' avatar, picture used with permission from the artist ( Octavia ).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• 7 months later...

Hmm... honestly, I don't care about people wanting to be pointed to every time someone uses something they made or took a photo of, especially if the poster got it from Google and would have to research to find the original creator. All I can relate to is not wanting to people to claim they made a drawing or took a photo when it was actually you. I'm fine with something's creator not being known, esp if the purpose is to show the tulpa's inspiration or general form. But if it would get me in legal trouble not to, I would, haha.

My lip hurts.