Hello There, Guest! Register

Beginner Questions General
tulpa001 Offline
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 24
All Accounts Posts: 1,682

RE: Beginner Questions General
My host decided not to seriously consider that question because I asked her not to. Or maybe it was my asking that gave her the answer.

A great deal of stuff in this world is not real, but still seems to exist anyway. Like human consciousness, and money. Investigating these questions is a great way to expose the mysteries and oddness of human perception more than anything else.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
05-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Find Reply
Eiia Offline
Manic
Registered

Threads: 0

(05-13-2017, 06:33 AM)Heckhound Wrote: If you act as if it's really happening, there isn't much of a difference. Just go with it and focus on your brand new baby tup. Good luck to the both of you! Maybe consider keeping a progress report?

I guess there isn't. Big Grin "Tup" - love that word!  Oh, I'm *terrible* with keeping up a schedule, so regular progress report entries might not happen...
but I may as well try. (: My ADHD self can barely remember to take her supplements each day. He doesn't have a name yet .. I want him to choose it himself. Hopefully, we're able to communicate fluently enough to do something like that soon. :/ Right now, all we have is head pressure (useful for yes or no questions) and the occasional emotional response. 

- full-time cat lady/ caffeine dependant lifeform -

05-14-2017, 02:34 AM
Find Reply
Eiia Offline
Manic
Registered

(05-13-2017, 01:33 PM)tulpa001 Wrote: My host decided not to seriously consider that question because I asked her not to. Or maybe it was my asking that gave her the answer.

A great deal of stuff in this world is not real, but still seems to exist anyway. Like human consciousness, and money. Investigating these questions is a great way to expose the mysteries and oddness of human perception more than anything else.

I'm choosing to believe he's here. I guess .. that's what makes him real. 

- full-time cat lady/ caffeine dependant lifeform -

05-14-2017, 02:37 AM
Find Reply
Brutus Offline
Registered

Looking for answers (and a guide, for that matter.)
Hi, there. My name's Chris, Christopher, Topher (preferred) or really any other variation of the name. I've also been referred to by "Brutus" by a few friends. It's...an inside joke. Being raised in a conservative christian household, I've always been fascinated (and forbidden from studying, but who takes their parents seriously on that?) with other religions and cultures. Buddhism was always my favorite subject, though. After reading many a article on thought forms and Tulpas I'd dismissed the phenomenon as fiction, though upon educating myself I'm really interested. Power of the mind and all that.

I'm aware you might not be willing to show hospitality to some new person, demanding a guide, Reddit really wasn't, but could anyone provide some form or a detailed guide to the starting processes of a Tulpa? Everything I've found has been hit or miss, personally. I can't seem to grasp some of the terminology used and it's frustrating.

Don't know if anyone's going to reply, but thanks if you do. Also, I really hope I'm not breaking any rules. I read through the rules beforehand and I think I'm good.
06-16-2017, 07:36 AM
Find Reply
tulpa001 Offline
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 24
All Accounts Posts: 1,682

RE: Looking for answers (and a guide, for that matter.)
I will provide a guide! Here, I'll link it in my signature. :p

You can ask more specific questions. Best glossary: https://tulpa.io/terminologies

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
06-16-2017, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
KarlYoshimura Offline
Man in the High Castle
Registered

Threads: 15

@Brutus:

I would personally recommend FAQ_Man's or Irish's guide as something little and simple, then work your way up from there. The major criticism regarding these two items concerns how dated they are by newer guides, yet I find them a good primer for the tulpa concept at the least. Some are also rather vocal about not doing any form of hour-counting or other painstakingly incremental addition upon a constant basis.

Should you require assistance understanding some of the words thrown around here, feel free to bring examples of such to our attention and some one will give you a response.

Many have I loved - many times been bitten,
many times I've gazed along the open road.

Many times I've lied - many times I've listened,
many times I've wondered how much there is to know.
06-17-2017, 05:16 AM
Find Reply