Tulpa Community Census 2018

Beginner Questions General
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 11
4 Attached Accounts

RE: Beginner Questions General

We already told you, it's down to how much you forget about them, which usually shouldn't be very much. If there was something there to forget, you probably won't forget it. And if they were vocal, they might be a little bit harder to hear based on how long it's been since you talked to them. But tulpas don't die from inactivity, no. I mean, a vocal tulpa wouldn't normally "die" (ie be forgotten by the brain) to any real extent for many many years. Scale that down to your tulpa I guess. I had a tulpa who was 100% gone for one year before coming back one day totally fine.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
04-19-2018, 07:31 AM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Vos Offline
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 18

(04-19-2018, 05:14 AM)PMelol Wrote: Hey Vos, even if she's really young? Like, less than 3 weeks old? I could take off for 2 weeks and she'd be okay?

The tulpa's age won't impact it - unless you believe that something horrible is going to happen if you take time off, nothing will.
04-19-2018, 08:58 AM
Find Reply
MajoraCreeps Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

RE: Is it possible to have more than one tulpa?

(04-17-2018, 12:36 PM)Apollo Wrote:
Of course it is possible, we have four currently active. 

However, one should use much caution, and be conservative with the amount of tulpas they have. Generally any number above a handful is too much to manage, and ends up being that the tulpas are neglected and/or have slow development. They get less time to live and grow. I'd say a good maximum is three, but the number varies from person to person. We're never going above four, that would undoubtedly cause neglect and stress, and less time for everyone.

I think it's best to make one and focus on them, and then after they are fully developed (maybe after a year or so) then one can consider making another, but they must have good reason and must know the consequences of doing so.

I've been writing an essay on why tulpa systems should be smaller, and drafted up a list of questions to consider before making a new tulpa
Do you have time? 
If you struggle making time for the tulpa(s) you already have, you probably shouldn’t make another.
Do you have a good reason?
If the reason is along the lines of “just cause” or “I want my tulpa to have someone to play with in the wonderland,” then you probably shouldn’t. 
Will they benefit your mental health and the rest of the system?
Why do you think they’d benefit you in a way that the other tulpas can’t? Will the benefits really outweigh the consequence of the rest of your tulpas getting less time and attention as a result?
Does everyone in your system agree this is a good idea?
You shouldn’t make such a big decision without them all agreeing on it.
How long have you thought about this?
If the answer is for only a day or two, or “I’ve always wanted another tulpa,” then you should give it more thought. This is a big decision and you must fully consider all possible repercussions.
Do you really need one?
You most likely don’t. Your and your other tulpas can take care of any potential issues you are trying to solve. Time and effort fixes a lot of things, and you probably don’t need to make another tulpa to do so. Nobody really needs another tulpa.
Will you be able to handle this many?
You might overestimate your ability to do so. 
Will they all be able to live fulfilling lives?
Will there be time enough for them all to control the body and pursue their hobbies/passions, make friends and experience the real world?
Will there be any neglect?
Will any of your systemmates end up getting pushed to the sidelines because there’s not enough time for them, and you can’t divide your attention up well enough? Remember the more attention you give to some, the less attention you give to others.
Are you predicting what will happen based on what’s realistic, or based on wishful thinking?
We often let our own hopes get in the way of seeing what’s actually likely to happen.
How developed are all of your other tulpas?
If they’re not well-developed personally or struggle with skill-based development (vocality and such) then you shouldn’t be making another one.
What are your goals?
Either tulpa-related goals or just goals related to life in general. Will a new tulpa distract you from these?
Are you doing this just for the thrill of making a new tulpa?
I get it, it’s exciting to make a new tulpa: learning about them, watching them grow, etc. But that’s not reason enough to add someone new to your life and as a result allowing your current tulpa(s) to have less attention/time.

Sorry I needed to preach. I really do think that systems shouldn't get out of hand with the number of tulpas they have, and shouldn't grow if they're not ready and/or won't be able to let everyone live a high quality of life. Focus on one tulpa for now - that's the best option.
no problem, i will work on Majora The Dead for now. Majora Link will be made when the time is right. And for my reasoning, one friend isn't enough to keep someone company (for some people). two would be their best option. I am actually depressed (nothing emo or edgy) and company keeps me comfortable. Since tulpae are (PARTIALLY) spiritual, i would like to believe they are ghosts (which i have a huge interest in) even though they are just forms created from my mind. And the Tulpa creepypasta, (where I found out about it) sounded creepy (i like scary stuff) but when i went into depth of it, i realized it was more simpler, and not scary. Even if it isn't scary, A sentient invisible friend would sound like fun when I'm all alone and have nobody to talk to, (even if they already know everything, as the manifestation of the subconscious).
04-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Find Reply
PMelol Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

What if I just straight up decide to stop developing her? I feel bad, but I don't know if I'm ready to commit to tulpamancy. She showed up accidentally, anyway. But, I guess it all depends on how sentient she is. I don't want to stop developing her if she's aware of what's going on and hates me for abandoning her.
04-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
Vos Offline
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 18

Most tulpas have proven to be understanding when situations like these occur. It'd be better for you to stop for now instead of forcing yourself to continue when you're not ready for the commitment, in my opinion. Nobody can make this decision for you.
04-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Find Reply
PMelol Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

Is there any definitive way to tell if she's there and sentient? I guess there isn't, really. Point is, I don't want to abandon her if she's there and sentient, but I guess there's no way to be sure.
04-23-2018, 04:43 AM
Find Reply
Tacio Offline
Half-dragon - Felight
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

1. Feeling/hearing her thought processes
2. Feeling her emotion

The red-scaled half-dragon.
Lyra Apollo Piano Indigo
04-23-2018, 11:23 AM
Find Reply
Sukila Offline
Jeremiah <3
Registered

Threads: 0

Question  RE: Beginner Questions General

Sorry if this is a really common question (or if what I'm asking is too confusing), but I'm sort of unsure how to word it in a search... I know the guide said tulpas sort of grow over time in a progression that sorta starts off like a child's would. So I wanted to know, is it a good idea to create one if you're sort of an...unstable person? As in, you don't know yourself very well, making you unsure about whether or not it's okay to try and formulate the basics of another 'person,' even if they'll eventually become independent.

I did read that mental illnesses can sometimes be helped and won't interfere too heavily with creating a tulpa, but I do want to be sure that I'm in the right mindset before moving past the research stage (though that won't be for awhile, heh).

Thanks for all the help so far!
05-23-2018, 03:10 AM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 11
4 Attached Accounts

Depends on what exactly your problems are. You don't have to "know yourself" super well to make a tulpa, and I'm sure they could end up helping with that sort of thing anyways. Reasons not to make a tulpa are more along the lines of you sometimes confusing reality and imagination, not being able to ignore invasive thoughts/an extreme lack of mental discipline, and maybe a tendency to get far too attached to imaginary events (attached to your tulpa, that's fine - distraught at the events of a wonderland adventure or other random visualization, however, not good).

If those don't sound like problems you may have, there's probably no real reason not to make a tulpa on that front.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018, 05:06 AM by Luminesce.)
05-23-2018, 05:05 AM
Find Reply
Sukila Offline
Jeremiah <3
Registered

Threads: 0

Yeah, that about answers my question, thanks! I wouldn't say I really have trouble with anything major, in that case, sorry for the obvious question, heh.
05-23-2018, 07:26 AM
Find Reply