Best format for articles?

Kiahdaj

What color scheme and such do you find is the most comfortable to read?

Black text on white background? White text on black background? White text on grey background?

Do white backgrounds hurt your eyes?

Do you like section headers to be colored, or just larger?

If so, what color do you think works with the background and text color that you prefer?

Name anything that you've seen that you've found to your liking, even if it wasn't mentioned--as well as explanations, if you can.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

White on medium-dark grey or black on a lighter grey are of my preference. As for an explaination, I find them to be the most comforting on my eyes, especially with a large monitor. White backgrounds are extremely painful, and the inverted white on black is no more soothing in my opinion. Section headers, if coloured, shouldn't contrast too much with the rest of the formatting. Having it simply larger is of my own preference.

But that's just my two-cents.

I hear a lot of complaints regarding color and brightness that are specific to large, or LCD monitors.

Unfortunately, I have next to zero experience with this, as I am--and have been practically my entire life--using a 15-16" CRT.

So yeah.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I'll take ing 72 point bold red Comic Sans on a yellow background, please. Toss in a few sparkling gifs to spice things up as well.

But really I mostly prefer black text on light but not quite white background. Tends to make for a more professional looking site. Light background used to be painful on older CRTs due to flicker, but with 85+ Hz refresh or LCD it's no problem. The one exception is a dark room where light background is painful even on lowest brightness, but browsers (especially mobile) are starting to get a night mode that makes it gray on black.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

Please just for the love of god write things in markdown. It makes converting it easier.

What color scheme and such do you find is the most comfortable to read?

Black text on white background? White text on black background? White text on grey background?

Do white backgrounds hurt your eyes?

Do you like section headers to be colored, or just larger?

If so, what color do you think works with the background and text color that you prefer?

Name anything that you've seen that you've found to your liking, even if it wasn't mentioned--as well as explanations, if you can.

Black on sepia

Bold headings, no fancy colors.

I like to read things on black/dark grey backgrounds at night with white font.

Honestly I would probably die if I didn't have f.lux installed on my phone and laptop.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

Basically anything but BRIGHT WHITE backgrounds. Good god, my eyes.

Preferably not too dark either, something like the forum's color scheme is really easy on the eyes (except this text box I'm currently typing in).

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

Guest Anonymous

If me or anyone in my system is doing a lot of text editing, we usually do it in Vim

j9Sksfj.png

• 2 months later...

It seems the consensus is to have a grey background with either black or white text--likely depending on how dark of a grey.

I think in such a case I would prefer a fairly light grey with black text, rather than a darker grey with white text.

I am interested to hear other people's opinions.

fairly light grey with black text

So long as it isn't done like this. That just looks old and makes things less readable imo.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)