Hello There, Guest! Register

Can a thoughtform become the subconscious?
Doctorfoxwolf Offline
Clusterfuck
Registered

Threads: 1
All Accounts Posts: 216

RE: Can a thoughtform become the subconscious?
(02-17-2017, 02:54 AM)tulpa001 Wrote: I think it cannot become the subconscious. I say this because a tulpa operates in the manner of a conscious mind, and a subconscious operates in the manner of a collective of servitors. Therefore, I think they are incompatible ways of thinking.

Oh, just to give more people strokes, according to chaos magic, the alien hand syndrome from split brain patients is actually controlled by the superconscious, not the subconscious, which is a mute essentially your conscience, who normally lives in the right hemisphere of the brain, whereas your consciousness normally lives in the left hemisphere.

The first part would mean that I operate in a way very similar to the subconscious.
The second part would mean that the superconscious is a petty asshole, as the most common behaviors of an alien hand are:
Doing the opposite of what the person just did, like shutting a lighter that was just opened or pulling open a drawer that was just shut.
Grabbing on to random shit and not letting go.
Enacting violence upon the body. It's not terribly uncommon for people with alien hand to suddenly feel themselves being choked, and it's by their own hand.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.
Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.
CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.
02-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Find Reply
tulpa001 Offline
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 24
All Accounts Posts: 1,694

Based on uh, I think it was Jeremy's description of you, I got the impression you operated as a median conscious mind. Although, what he described is as you appeared in the wonderland, which is a place where "appearances can be deceiving" is in full force. So, I guess, IDK how you operate so IDK.

But, there is the concept of emergence. Consciousness is an emergent phenomenon built upon unconsciousness. Emergence is when a large number of objects operating under simple rules come together to create a single object operating under complex rules.

Don't look at me for inconsistencies in that theory. But I can say it is partially backed by other science. For example the left hemisphere is the one capable of speech, from what I recall. Nonetheless, it is probably a gross oversimplification, as both the ego and superego probably are distributed in both hemispheres. further reading.

You do have a dominant hemisphere, though. It is the opposite hemisphere from your handedness, so if you mostly live in one hemisphere, it is that one.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
02-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Find Reply
Doctorfoxwolf Offline
Clusterfuck
Registered

Threads: 1
All Accounts Posts: 216

Well I know that full well. Even if I hadn't heard about it. CGP Grey did a video on it.
It's pretty impossible to know about alien hand without knowing about split brains.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.
Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.
CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.
02-17-2017, 03:08 PM
Find Reply
| Eva | Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
All Accounts Posts: 2,062

OP, if you look into the homunculus argument and relate it to the question at hand, IMO:

- The question is similar to something like ‘unconscious parroting’ that was talked about through a certain member in the forum where somehow, a term that (parroting) is contingent on conscious manipulation of the inner workings of a tulpa can somehow become a predisposed habit.

- In other words, to think a tulpa can become the subconscious, or unconscious totality of thoughts and inner subjectivity is to state they can actually become the back office of the brain that does all of the things on auto-pilot. Even if there were some shred of possibility on this, it begs the question of who’s the back office of the brain. The brain, tulpa, or host?

- This isn’t to say that a person cannot access those unconscious thoughts as it’s just a matter of being aware of the information at hand. But it’s a different story when one assumes that, with a blink of an eye, they can alter the inner workings of their mind, i.e., that back office of the brain.

Even with that said, subconscious/unconscious is bit of an enigma at times even when people try to apply metaphors of it for certain context. It just goes to show you that we can express representational models of the brain, but we can’t actually become the inner workings of it; that just sets up some existential issues, IMO. Not that it can’t be addressed and dealt with, but we (me, him, and her) just don’t have enough intellect to get into something like that.
02-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Find Reply