Hello There, Guest! Register

Concerns
Quilten Offline
A twisty maze of passages
Registered

Threads: 7

RE: Concerns
Well, this is certainly news I was waiting to hear. I'd first like to thank users like Waffles, Linkzelda, sushi, and a few others for how much they have contributed to this community and helped out.

I was never one to want a post a guide, or tip, even if I had one. I mainly stuck to the General Discussion and Questions and Answers sections. The creation of the GAT made me even more apprehensive about posting in the other forums. This was a time when I wasn't as active, so wasn't as involved as I am now, so I didn't pay too much attention to the GAT. At least, not more than I needed or wanted to. I thought it was a good idea and that it could be executed well. And it lived up to those expectations...to an extent. It was almost obvious that it wasn't the most strongly structured idea, but it did it's job (albeit too much of its job in some cases).

I think that if we had that glossary either more publicly available and known or at least create some other master list somewhere a bit more centralized on the site and easier to access for people who want it. That way they can quickly figure out something they need to know quickly and easily.

I think the GAT could have more members as well, and connect more with the community directly so as to have more input from other users, allowing a better experience for everyone. I am very interested in getting more details about GAT responsibilities. I'd be willing and able to find the time and I'm definitely wanting to help out the community more than I am right now. Not many people probably see my posts, so most won't recognize me, so I'm not sure I could even get a worthy vote, but I think I'm willing to try.

Thanks to Quora for posting this and bringing it up, it's an important discussion, I think.

Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.
Tulpas: Quilten, Jira
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014, 03:33 AM by Quilten.)
09-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Website Find Reply
Dog Offline
woof
Registered

Threads: 19

Jesus Christ dude can you stop bitching about people not liking symbolism. I agree with you that if it works for some people, it should OK to put it in a guide, but you don't have to make posts all the time about something someone in the GAT told you a while ago.

(09-04-2014, 01:16 AM)hail_fall Wrote: snip
what is a system?

Also, I don't know why people want a glossary when we already have one. If you didn't know, its at http://wiki.tulpa.info/Official/Glossary

(09-02-2014, 03:33 PM)Quora Wrote: This forum is the main source of traffic to the servers I maintain.

I really only want the best for this community.
Seems legit

Quote:If this whole process of making tulpas and other skills like possession, switching and imposition was easy it would not be worth doing
This logic doesn't make sense. Brushing your teeth is pretty easy, and its defiantly worth doing. The excess amount of guides actually make tulpamancing much more complicated then it actually is.

Quote:Like it or not, creating tulpas is a symbolic process. There is a lot going on that cannot be explained without symbolism unless you want to include a lot of psychology textbook on consciousness, the mind, and a lot of other (albeit interesting) text that is not directly related to the process of creating a tulpa.
and how is any of your symbolism directly related to the process of creating a tulpa? Its just a tool to help some people create a tulpa, it isn't required to make one.

Quote:I have been told by countless people that things like this are why new users on the IRC network are afraid to contribute to the tulpa.info forums. As such a lot of good content is ending up posted elsewhere and becoming harder to keep track of.
From what i've seen of the IRC, we don't want them contributing to the forums
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 01:07 AM by Dog.)
09-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

(09-02-2014, 07:29 PM)Derp Wrote: For one, their communities are extremely secluded. Also very meta, and I don't think that works with the mindset this community seeks. Frankly, I don't think they want the exposure or mingling. As a whole, at least. They've put up with a lot of trolling.

Something a lot of people don't know is that I originally intended the IRC network the tulpa.info channels is now hosted on to be a haven for generic multiplicity communities as well as the tulpa communities. All these communities historically have not been centralized or able to share information easily due to differences in terminology or social problems. Unfortunately this goal wasn't able to pan out like I had hoped. Maybe one day it will.

I think that it is a good idea to take some terms from their glossaries if not only to acknowledge that we are not the only community out there. I am also a fan of our guides and other things being syndicated and easy to access for people that are suffering from malignant forms of Disassociative Identity Disorder or other similar ailments in hopes it can help them.

(09-02-2014, 07:39 PM)SakuraSky Wrote: It bothers me that things like symbolism are immediately dismissed as though it makes a guide worthless. A large part of tulpamancy involves symbolism for most people, and I don't see why guides that include that information should be denied because of that fact. Not everyone learns that same way.

(09-04-2014, 03:31 AM)Quilten Wrote: I was never one to want a post a guide, or tip, even if I had one. I mainly stuck to the General Discussion and Questions and Answers sections. The creation of the GAT made me even more apprehensive about posting in the other forums. This was a time when I wasn't as active, so wasn't as involved as I am now, so I didn't pay too much attention to the GAT. At least, not more than I needed or wanted to. I thought it was a good idea and that it could be executed well. And it lived up to those expectations...to an extent. It was almost obvious that it wasn't the most strongly structured idea, but it did it's job (albeit too much of its job in some cases).

(09-02-2014, 08:44 PM)amber5885 Wrote: As someone who ha considered writing a guide to contribute what worked for me. I refuse to do it. The community is harsh, unforgiving and I've seen guides and tip submissions ripped to shreds because someone had a typo in their submission or because one person didn't get a term.

I personally won't ever put my Guide or my tips up for suggestion. At least not until I know it won't automatically be shot down, ripped apart or insulted.

This does not bode well. Any community is made up of people contributing content and said content being consumed by the others in it. The flow of content stopping means that other sites or forums could become more popular. See Reddit for an example. There are a few guides that have been made by members of the IRC network that will probably never be posted on the .info forums because of the feedback that is being given. It's a shame as there is a very good switching guide out there.

Why is symbolism considered harmful by the GAT? Additionally why is this opinion being enforced in such a harmful way?

(09-02-2014, 08:17 PM)waffles Wrote: The best guides are written in terms of mental actions that everyone shares.

Given how thought is inherently unique to each person, isn't this symbolism at its core?

(09-02-2014, 08:17 PM)waffles Wrote: Purely symbolic submissions are by default rejected for Guides; there is no other guiding rule in force, and if there is, call it out. This rule is there because purely symbolic submissions don't tend to be useful submissions. Tulpa creation is not inherently symbolic, so guides don't need to be either.

I don't think that a guide should be rejected for being purely symbolism. A guide is really at its core "This Is What Works For Me", and if a symbolic reperesentation is what works for the user in question, it works. Good. If not, they can move on to try another guide.

A good example is with possession. We have tried a large number of possession guides that involve the symbol of a control centre or other kind of central command. The symbolism used there doesn't work on us and we know it. So we don't use said guides.

How it appears to some people is that comments like:

Quote:~~Because your definition of a switch is wrong~~

Quote:you're kind of shitting on other guides.

Quote:You might also want to rethink the title so that it doesn't just have your symbolism process listed, otherwise people might skip it just because it sounds silly.

Quote:All I care about is having the tip easy to access without the symbolism choking it.

Quote:My what now? Can we not use silly Tumblr terms here? This is a tulpa guide for a tulpa site, so you might want to use tulpa terms such as you know, your tulpas. You wanna upload this guide to other sites and use that term, sure. But this is .info, not multipleheadmateotherkinpersonalityswitch website.

Quote:Disapproved for guides because it reads like a bad hypnotic induction guide, and the writer takes critique seriously to a level they consider throwing backroom tantrums appropriate.

Quote:if you want me to back off the drama, you should go transparent

Quote:This is starting to look more like passive aggressive flaming

Quote:It's a shame I can't disapprove for >that blue.

Quote:"TELL YOURSELF YOU SEE TUPPER WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR EYES AND YOU WILL SEE THEM WOW"

Quote:I'm going to say that anyone who approves of this hasn't read this.

are negative and will scare them away. This is not good for the community and could overall contribute to it fading away. I have gotten complaint after complaint about this, I have tried to do things about said complaints but nothing is done. When I report posts I get a reply back saying "we see no problem with this post".

(09-02-2014, 08:17 PM)waffles Wrote: I would like to hear their comments word for word, and possibly talk to them myself. Like I said above, I have my doubts about the contribution the GAT makes to 'scaring away' worthwhile posters. I can think of plenty of people on the IRC network who I would not consider worthwhile posters, and the same is true of the forum here.

I will talk with others to see if I can release that information to you. It is not purely my choice, there are rules about confidentiality I must follow. Not to mention that any information we do agree to be released must be kept secret, and your history with privileged information does not bode well for at least one of the staff members.

Please PM me with an email address and GPG public key so I have those on file. If you can understand I want to make sure this data is protected as it is normally confidential.

We are being linked to on news sites. There are academic papers about us. We need to clean up our act and (more importantly) get it together. This is more than just about the community as it is now, this is about sustainability and the future flow of new contributors and tulpamancers.

Things like

Quote: From what i've seen of the IRC, we don't want them contributing to the forums

really need to end if we want our community to be sustainable.

(09-05-2014, 12:50 AM)Dog Wrote: what is a system?

Multiplicity communities refer to a system as the group of minds inside the same body. Usually they choose a name to refer to the collective, for example we chose "Within" partly because of the accuracy of the name and the large number of puns that can be made. ("From Within", "Inquire Within", etc)
09-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Derp Offline
Has Hat
Registered

Threads: 14

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: Something a lot of people don't know is that I originally intended the IRC network the tulpa.info channels is now hosted on to be a haven for generic multiplicity communities as well as the tulpa communities. All these communities historically have not been centralized or able to share information easily due to differences in terminology or social problems. Unfortunately this goal wasn't able to pan out like I had hoped. Maybe one day it will.

I think that it is a good idea to take some terms from their glossaries if not only to acknowledge that we are not the only community out there. I am also a fan of our guides and other things being syndicated and easy to access for people that are suffering from malignant forms of Disassociative Identity Disorder or other similar ailments in hopes it can help them.

Yeah, it'd be neat if the communities could interact. Maybe have a daemonism IRC integrated, a social hub for all us weirdos. In the future, maybe. I just know a handful of friends that have been treated like assholes on the IRC, or have been ones, and introducing groups of people with triggers is a bad idea. In the future, maybe, yeah, like you said.

I have no issue with terminology like headmates, fronting, plurals, littles, bigs, etc. However, I disagree with usage of alter in place of tulpas and system honestly. Use "your tulpas" or what have you. Until you no longer have a clear host, I don't agree with someone using system to describe themself having tulpas. And that's my critique to you. Take it or leave it.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: This does not bode well. Any community is made up of people contributing content and said content being consumed by the others in it. The flow of content stopping means that other sites or forums could become more popular. See Reddit for an example. There are a few guides that have been made by members of the IRC network that will probably never be posted on the .info forums because of the feedback that is being given. It's a shame as there is a very good switching guide out there.

Then the site can respond by hosting a link to it. An "Outsourced Guides" mass thread. Regardless, .info will never have everything. It is what it is. It works both ways, too. I hate the Reddit reputation system with a passion; I will never post there. Some people dislike forums, preferring chats. Can't have everything.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: How it appears to some people is that comments like:
are negative and will scare them away. This is not good for the community and could overall contribute to it fading away. I have gotten complaint after complaint about this, I have tried to do things about said complaints but nothing is done. When I report posts I get a reply back saying "we see no problem with this post".

Quora, during my time as moderator I picked up this: You report goddamn everything. I'd love if you counted up the number of times you've reported Sands. 20? 30? It starts to get excessive and devalues. Many were on old posts. I remember some being a month old and you just don't remove 'em. Or the posts were strongly worded -- those posts have definite merit. Tossing them aside turns this place into something much worse -- an authoritative delusion.

I'm all for you working to make this place what all forums strive to be, which is people enjoying one another's company. But silencing people because you've taken offense, and such offense is not damaging to your identity, is not the way to go about it. Try to see their side more often, y'know? Just... talk. Talking works, I promise.

Like so.

Quote:Things like really need to end if we want our community to be sustainable.

No, that's not how you respond to that. Ask why, what he's seen, what can be improved. Direct examples, logs, anything if you can. Take critique, man. Brushing it off as the cancer that's killing .info is not helping. It's negatives upon negatives. Even saying you'll try your best to fix something you know you can't -- it at least makes it look like there's hope. I only hear doom and gloom nowadays and part of it is nostalgia, yeah, some is people forgetting why they hate things, and others I think they've just given up in this place. The third you sure as hell can improve. Give the crowd hope and they'll eat it up.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: We are being linked to on news sites. There are academic papers about us. We need to clean up our act and (more importantly) get it together. This is more than just about the community as it is now, this is about sustainability and the future flow of new contributors and tulpamancers.

I'll get off my soapbox, I'm turning this into a motivational speech, Linkzelda halp. It's a good thing this place has these conversations. The higherups need to respond to them though. I know it's not fun by any means, but it's important. When things go to shit they get blamed.
09-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Find Reply
Quilten Offline
A twisty maze of passages
Registered

Threads: 7

On the things that Derp said.

I think that if we had more people from different groups on the IRC it would both improve our reputation (depending on the groups), and boost activity there. The latter of which I think is very important since the channels, at least the ones that aren't completely dead, can get barren.

It's important that we do understand who we would be integrating with, and I think a vote might help, and maybe we could even see how many people from other communities come here frequently.

It's not a system unless it actually, well, IS a system. Host-tulpa relationships are not systems, or if you want to call it that, it's not as much of a clear cut idea as to what a system is. It's lost it's meaning if it's definition is too broad or general.

I think we could have a specific section that was used for resources located elsewhere, not just guides either. I'm not saying we need a link to every Reddit post (which wouldn't be anything other than a hard to access version of it). And not even in other communities centered around tulpae. It could be for articles on various subjects tangential to ours here, which I think would be helpful in the long run.

Concerning the rest, I don't really have anything else to add, I think Derp did a good job conveying some ideas that needed to be out there.

Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.
Tulpas: Quilten, Jira
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 11:50 AM by Quilten.)
09-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what i've seen from my time in multiple tulpa communities, a large amount of them *hate* this community. They hate the way it's ran. They hate the way people are allowed to disparage others freely, and they hate that when they bring these things up it is never brought up. Or worse, they get the equivalent of "Stop QQ'ing".

I don't care what the reason is, if you have such a large negative view from outside, you should be questioning whether the problem is with them, or with you, and begin re-thinking the approach. The same goes for the outside communities. Change doesn't happen unless people speak up.

Same goes for post reports. Proper moderation means you should be agnostic to who reports it unless you need more information. Otherwise, you're marginalizing the other's reasons for the report. People should not be allowed to disparage others or insult their views as happens. There is a line between having an opinion and being caustic. And the quantity of very caustic people here is a large factor in what drives others away. I'll grant that some have reason but if it can't be presented in a respectful way, and if the staff won't deal with it, expect the GAT and this site to continue to have a negative reputation.

The same used to be true on the IRC where everything was very segregated. These days since the new network, with the moderation staff opened to representation from other communities, taking action against trolling, shitposting, and flaming, there's been a very positive change in the atmosphere network-wide, including across multiple communities represented therein. I'd like to see some of those ideals adopted. These ideals can be applied to the GAT and the

There should not be personal bias in GAT, or in the commentary. I've read it. It's not the case. I'm pointing it out and it needs to be fixed. It goes beyond just the symbolism disagreement and i've seen very significant cases of very rude things said about works. I personally will never submit a guide to this site because of it. And I will continue to actively discourage others doing so until it is fixed. There are other models which we've used to peer review between multiple people successfully without the ego and bias taking place.

IMHO anyways, the entire idea of guides needs to be revamped. The current execution doesn't seem to work. The articles on the site are old and outdated. It's not a good representation of today's community.
09-05-2014, 01:40 PM
sushi Offline
Registered

How about a Symbolism section for the Guides? That way the well-written symbolic guides could be separated from the trash ones, without lumping them in with less subjective guides.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson
09-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Find Reply
Derp Offline
Has Hat
Registered

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: From what i've seen from my time in multiple tulpa communities, a large amount of them *hate* this community. They hate the way it's ran. They hate the way people are allowed to disparage others freely, and they hate that when they bring these things up it is never brought up. Or worse, they get the equivalent of "Stop QQ'ing".

Please, link to these other communities. To these threads that you've been bringing up. I'd like to see them.

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: I don't care what the reason is, if you have such a large negative view from outside, you should be questioning whether the problem is with them, or with you, and begin re-thinking the approach. The same goes for the outside communities. Change doesn't happen unless people speak up.

I feel like this is us speaking up.

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: Same goes for post reports. Proper moderation means you should be agnostic to who reports it unless you need more information. Otherwise, you're marginalizing the other's reasons for the report. People should not be allowed to disparage others or insult their views as happens. There is a line between having an opinion and being caustic. And the quantity of very caustic people here is a large factor in what drives others away. I'll grant that some have reason but if it can't be presented in a respectful way, and if the staff won't deal with it, expect the GAT and this site to continue to have a negative reputation.

That's something great to strive for. Unbiased moderation. That will never happen, though. People are going to have their biases. I know I bitch about mods too, but in the end they're only volunteers. Moderators are users with power, nothing more. You can revamp the system so there's less room for it, such as removing the name of who reported the post, but that has drawbacks of its own and is easily abused.

If people would be a little less snarky, yeah, I agree that would help.

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: The same used to be true on the IRC where everything was very segregated. These days since the new network, with the moderation staff opened to representation from other communities, taking action against trolling, shitposting, and flaming, there's been a very positive change in the atmosphere network-wide, including across multiple communities represented therein. I'd like to see some of those ideals adopted. These ideals can be applied to the GAT and the-

So... taking in moderators from other communities? What do you mean by representation? Where do their ideals differ than ours? I'm curious.

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: There should not be personal bias in GAT, or in the commentary. I've read it. It's not the case. I'm pointing it out and it needs to be fixed. It goes beyond just the symbolism disagreement and i've seen very significant cases of very rude things said about works. I personally will never submit a guide to this site because of it. And I will continue to actively discourage others doing so until it is fixed. There are other models which we've used to peer review between multiple people successfully without the ego and bias taking place.

Rudeness you can stamp out and in a review it shouldn't be there. I agree with you on this. That's something you should be able to report and the moderators handle. However, there's a difference between being rude and have a strong opinion, as well as being biased, for what it's worth. But I'm sure you know all that.

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: The articles on the site are old and outdated. It's not a good representation of today's community.

Call Pleeb and friends for that one.
09-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Find Reply
waffles Offline
no capital
Registered

Threads: 24

(09-04-2014, 03:31 AM)Quilten Wrote: I think the GAT could have more members as well, and connect more with the community directly so as to have more input from other users, allowing a better experience for everyone.

What do you suggest here? People do post their opinions on guides sometimes, which is fine.

(09-04-2014, 03:31 AM)Quilten Wrote: I am very interested in getting more details about GAT responsibilities. I'd be willing and able to find the time and I'm definitely wanting to help out the community more than I am right now. Not many people probably see my posts, so most won't recognize me, so I'm not sure I could even get a worthy vote, but I think I'm willing to try.

You take a look at new guides in Submissions, and approve/disapprove with ideally detailed reasons and constructive criticism. If you want, I can nominate you or you can do it yourself as I mentioned to Quora in my first reply.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: This does not bode well. Any community is made up of people contributing content and said content being consumed by the others in it. The flow of content stopping means that other sites or forums could become more popular. See Reddit for an example. There are a few guides that have been made by members of the IRC network that will probably never be posted on the .info forums because of the feedback that is being given. It's a shame as there is a very good switching guide out there.

If it's a good switching guide then the writer (I suspect you're talking about Malfael's) can post it for review here. If the writer isn't afraid of criticism then they have nothing to lose; at worst they get advice on how to make it better and it stays in Submissions unless they make some changes.

The GAT doesn't "automatically" shoot down guides for fun. That's not what we're here for. You might be seeing a pretty bad guide, especially one posted years ago by an inactive author, get a brief scathing critique because it deserved it. If your own submission is actually decent then it won't get ripped apart. It might get some criticism; that's what we're here for. If you don't want that then maybe you'd be better posting your guide on Reddit.

If you do see examples of what you think is unfair criticism, then point it out. Here, now, or when you see it, either way no-one can do anything about it if you don't tell anyone.

Yes, you too Quora.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: I have gotten complaint after complaint about this, I have tried to do things about said complaints but nothing is done. When I report posts I get a reply back saying "we see no problem with this post".

I'm not sure how to feel that you're getting complaints about the GAT and I'm not, but if other people are submitting things to you then you should tell them to give it to me or Linkzelda, or post it in this subforum, or just tell someone who actually can do something about it. Being rude isn't against the rules on tulpa.info, so if that's something you think a GAT member shouldn't be doing then reporting their post isn't going to get anything done.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: Given how thought is inherently unique to each person, isn't this symbolism at its core?

What do you mean, thought is inherently unique to each person? Are you saying that if I say "visualise" no-one else knows what I'm talking about? Because I'm pretty sure visualisation is actually more or less universal, and everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Collins English Dictionary Wrote:symbol (ˈsɪmbəl)
n
1. something that represents or stands for something else, usually by convention or association

symbolism (ˈsɪmbəˌlɪzəm)
n
1. the representation of something in symbolic form or the attribution of symbolic meaning or character to something

With this in mind, symbolism would be where you do things that really stand for other things. Doing visualisation doesn't stand for anything other than visualisation; it's not symbolic.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: I don't think that a guide should be rejected for being purely symbolism. A guide is really at its core "This Is What Works For Me", and if a symbolic reperesentation is what works for the user in question, it works. Good. If not, they can move on to try another guide.

Pure symbolism can go into Tips if it's decent, like I said. Anyway, a guide is really at its core supposed to help other people. What I spent a few hundred words explaining in my last post is that a pure symbolism submission isn't particularly helpful. It may be that it worked for the writer, the same with non-symbolic guides; but non-symbolic guides are more likely to work for the reader.

(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Quora Wrote: How it appears to some people is that comments like [...] are negative and will scare them away. This is not good for the community and could overall contribute to it fading away. I have gotten complaint after complaint about this, I have tried to do things about said complaints but nothing is done. When I report posts I get a reply back saying "we see no problem with this post".

Right, so this is the thing. Why should negative comments scare people away? Are they so timid that they can't stand to read other people take criticism for guides? I guess I can judge better if/when I have access to your own sources on that.

One of your quotes was from a mod, not a GAT, and one was directed towards other GAT members though. A third was subsequently deleted pretty much immediately.

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: The same used to be true on the IRC where everything was very segregated. These days since the new network, with the moderation staff opened to representation from other communities, taking action against trolling, shitposting, and flaming, there's been a very positive change in the atmosphere network-wide, including across multiple communities represented therein. I'd like to see some of those ideals adopted. These ideals can be applied to the GAT and the

What do you want the GAT to apply? We're not really into moderation so we can't take action against trolling, shitposting and flaming, and I don't think we do any of that ourselves. We're open to multiple community members too.

(09-05-2014, 01:40 PM)metallica48423 Wrote: There should not be personal bias in GAT, or in the commentary. I've read it. It's not the case. I'm pointing it out and it needs to be fixed. It goes beyond just the symbolism disagreement and i've seen very significant cases of very rude things said about works. I personally will never submit a guide to this site because of it. And I will continue to actively discourage others doing so until it is fixed. There are other models which we've used to peer review between multiple people successfully without the ego and bias taking place.

No, you're not pointing it out and I can't fix it as long as you don't. The only case I can think of off the top of my head was Quora's possession guide; the offending post got effectively blanked by the author pretty quickly and that ended up approved, funnily enough. Point out specific examples, ideally soon after they actually happened (not necessary). Then you can claim to be helping.

(09-05-2014, 04:36 PM)sushi Wrote: How about a Symbolism section for the Guides? That way the well-written symbolic guides could be separated from the trash ones, without lumping them in with less subjective guides.

I'm not sure if anyone would be fine with that who isn't okay with the current policy of "Put it in Tips if it's good". What makes lumping them in with non-symbolic tips particularly bad?
09-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

(09-05-2014, 06:01 PM)Derp Wrote: Please, link to these other communities. To these threads that you've been bringing up. I'd like to see them.

I have seen evidence on Reddit and other forums and small communities that wish to be unnamed here.

(09-05-2014, 06:01 PM)Derp Wrote: If people would be a little less snarky, yeah, I agree that would help.

Lead by example?
09-05-2014, 07:51 PM