Hello There, Guest! Register

Concerns
Quilten Offline
A twisty maze of passages
Registered

Threads: 7

RE: Concerns
I definitely agree with Sushi that there should be a specific Symbolism section so as to distinguish what has to do with it and what doesn't. Or there could just be a [Symbolism] tag on the titles if that doesn't exist already.

Any opinion should be allowed, unless it gets to the point where it potentially being offensive, insulting, et cetera... overrides it being just someone's opinion. I don't think this would happen too often, but it would need to be more than just a single complaint, otherwise it digresses into potential abuse of the system.

That's just my two cents, so take it however you see fit.

Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.
Tulpas: Quilten, Jira
09-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Website Find Reply
sushi Offline
Registered

Threads: 14

Tips is fine by me. I didn't know they were being lumped in with Tips. I'm curious how many other people knew that, and if it's impacted whether people have submitted more symbolic guides.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 08:04 PM by sushi.)
09-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
Quilten Offline
A twisty maze of passages
Registered

Threads: 7

Didn't see waffles' post, sorry.

I guess it almost seems like the GAT was thought of by a lot of people as nothing but a necessary process. Something that had to be done as opposed to something that could have been done and was. I think now that it was probably a little of both.

If you could nominate me, that would be fantastic, actually, I'm not familiar with that particular process myself. If you can't or don't want to, let me know and I'll figure it out. Thanks for the opportunity!

Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.
Tulpas: Quilten, Jira
09-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

A symbolism tag would be neat, but I agree with Dog that this is a little over the top. The GAT isn't really doing anything wrong - symbolism is way too specific, and the amount of people it works for is so limited that it shouldn't really be labeled as a guide. So, I understand that it's filed under tips. Because it's a "Hey, if your stuff doesn't work, try this out" kind of thing. You can try out 20 different methods of symbolism and have none work for you, but a decent guide works for most that try it out.

That's the basic idea behind it, I guess. Didn't feel like reading the Linkzeldaian posts in this thread, it didn't look like very constructive discussion to me when I skimmed it. Don't try to fix things that aren't broken.
09-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Derp Offline
Has Hat
Registered

Threads: 14

(09-05-2014, 07:51 PM)Quora Wrote: I have seen evidence on Reddit and other forums and small communities that wish to be unnamed here.

I'm sorry, I believe that was directed at metallica. Anyways, we've covered reddit before and "small communities" doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. Send me a PM with links to them if they're afraid of being leaked here. I can keep a secret.

(09-05-2014, 07:51 PM)Quora Wrote: Lead by example?

Quora, I'm still waiting for your response to the first two walls of text that I've posted. A, say, "Yeah Derp, I'll do this." If you want to skirt it away to reactive posts that contribute little, by all means. You'll become what you're fighting against.
09-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Find Reply