Did this actually happen?

PMelol

So, I'm new to tulpamancy and have been reading about it for a couple months. I never made any forcing attempts, though I have talked to the tulpa that I've wanted to create...I never visualized a form (slightly, I guess) or sat down and hammered out personality traits.

I also have a religious upbringing, and someone on Facebook told me tulpas are "fallen angels." So, maybe I shouldn't make a tulpa as this freaks me out and I would probably have the obsessive worry that they are demons (I mean, I have quit bad diagnosed OCD. I once tried erotic hypnosis and was worried about its effects for like a week or two). So, last night, I don't know if I felt something, but I suddenly got freaked out and prayed that God would get rid of anything evil in my mind.

In my mind's eye I saw like a rushing flood and, without any input from me, I saw a like, "chibi" form of the character I wanted to make climbing a like Mesoamerican pillar to get away from the flood. She eventually got to the top, and I saw myself in the sky like how you would see "God" (think Monty Python) and we were looking at each other.

Did this actually happen? I didn't spend any time on forcing at all so I don't see how I could have a nascent tulpa. It's just her climbing the pillar seemed to happen without any input from me. I wasn't trying to kill anything...I didn't think I had anything, I just got freaked out. So, I don't know if this actually happened, but I feel like I now kind of understand how tulpamancy works as she seemed to move without any input from me...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably just your imagination, but I'm not really religious so it's up to you how you wanna think about.. stuff. Tulpas absolutely aren't "fallen angels" though...

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-broken-will?pid=165531#pid165531

way too much love in our system (and among other tups 'n hosts here) for us to be anything demonic!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Yeah, tulpas aren't demons or anything of that sort. What you saw was likely a daydream or something. As for how your tulpa managed to develop without much forcing, well results do vary on how much input is required from the host to fully develop a tulpa. Some aren't even deliberate.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

I agree with Lucilyn and Srn347, that your experience is likely imagination or daydream. Saying that doesn't invalidate your experience. Hypothetically, if you were to eventually to proceed in making a tulpa, this could hint at how interesting your future mental life could be with said companion.

I can relate to the fears, concerns? that you shared, as my family of origin's fundamental religious paradigm was extremely difficult for me to break free from. I share that not to suggest you break free from your perspective; I am simply observing that you are navigating mental and emotional constructs that are part of your origin, and stepping outside of those boundaries can be scary. No one can tell you which path to take; whether you move towards your faith of origin or branch out, that's way personal. I would say there is no right or wrong in that. I will endorse that tulpas are not demons, and I lean way heavy on the metaphysical explanation when it comes to them.

What you shared is really interesting, regardless of which box you couch it in. I think dreams, daydreams included, are really interesting and reveal how we are processing information. When you are processing items high in visual information, that tends to be right sided thinking. There is more than a hint of internal conflict in you're narrative, and though there is an argument to be made to have clarity before engaging in something as big as making a tulpa, (understatement?) sometimes we learn the most by doing. If I were to speculate, despite of internal struggles, I sense overall a genuine kindness that you would not want to harm 'other.' The symbolic nature of the artifacts (daydream imagery) seem pretty straight forward on the surface, but I don't advocate a universality of symbols, and so you may have to sort those through your own personal filters. If you want to explore that further, I would recommend reading about Carl Jung, specifically 'the red book,' and or 'active imagination.' Your experience fits what Jung himself reported experiencing, and for him it was not only meaningful, but transformative.

Don't worry if you have a tulpa at this point. If you walk away, you will be fine, no tulpa. You will, though, likely continue to have extraordinary flashes of imagination because that's already a part of your life. Did it actually happen? Sure. From a certain point of view, the brain can not distinguished between an imagined event and real event. But, you already know that, right? OCD wouldn't be the bear it is if we could rationally walk away from it.

Yeah, I have no idea if it was "real" or not. The thing that kind of "freaked me out" is it seemed to happen on its own, like one thought lead to the next without any input from me. But I guess you could say that about a lot of thought chains.

Funny thing, I read "fallen angels" to be angels that literally fall or are lost and want your guidance and to guide you or something... idk.

I agree with Solar Chariot here that it was probably intense imagination / mental imagery. I have intense visualizations when I am really stressed. The visualizations are usually a more scary form of my dark thoughts. Sometimes I get really lost or confused as to what I am visualizing or what is happening, which does not help with the stress problem and so on...

None of the dark thoughts have to do with my Tulpa Ranger himself. Unfortunately, my imagination is a double-edged sword: it creates beautiful things like Ranger and horrifying things like those intense scary images.

As a side note, you may end up going though that experience again if you are thinking about spiritual or creative stuff in general (due to the intense focus). Recognizing that the intense imagery is either stress-based or trance-based can be helpful, at least so you feel more in control. Even if this happens and you don't feel stressed, then have fun! I like to think of it as your subconscious trying to process emotional information, or I suppose God reaching out to you? I have no idea about the God part, only because I am agnostic and not super religious. Ultimately it boils down how you want to look at it, just as long as you know that you didn't literally experience that scene!

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Yeah. Not sure if I'll create a tulpa. It sounds really really tempting. They're probably not "demonic," but the thought still scares me. And, as I have OCD, I will probably start worrying about it a lot. Though maybe talking to and spending time with my tulpa will eventually assuage any fears.

And don't worry, I wouldn't freak out and try to kill my tulpa.

Yeah. Not sure if I'll create a tulpa. It sounds really really tempting. They're probably not "demonic," but the thought still scares me. And, as I have OCD, I will probably start worrying about it a lot. Though maybe talking to and spending time with my tulpa will eventually assuage any fears.

And don't worry, I wouldn't freak out and try to kill my tulpa.

It's okay if you panic or worry a lot (take a good look at my host). The most important thing is to effectively communicate with them. At first, they may not be vocal, so you can tell them about your worries, goals, connection to God, and visions and get some productive narrating/forcing out of it. We don't have OCD, but maybe making a schedule or something may help organize things for you. As for stress, even if you make a mistake you can work out if you put your minds to it. If you have questions, feel free to ask! What ever you decide to do we wish you good luck!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Yeah, so I'm still unsure if she's actually there or not. And I'm concerned because I don't know if I want to continue, but if she really is there I don't want to let her wither and die, which I guess is what would happen if I stopped talking to her or trying to imagine aspects of her personality or appearance. I really don't know. The thing the other night I described in my original post did feel *real*, but I have no experience with tulpas so I don't know. Going to go take a shower and try to talk to her.

So, I'm really new to this. I think I may have had an experience with my tulpa after narrating a couple days, just talking to her, telling her how she was going to be around soon (I didn't know I was actually sort of creating a tulpa just by doing this as I didn't really decide to for sure, but I think I saw her in my Wonderland at one point and she seemed to move on her own, it was really weird for someone who has never experienced anything like this before).

Anyway, I did a bit of forcing today, going through her personality traits multiple times. Now I'm going to bed, but I set up a little house for her with a bed and stuff to sleep in. Um...is this how this works? I just imagined it. Is that all a Wonderland is? Does it make sense to give her a bed and all when she's not fully formed?

I feel like I'm losing my mind here, but the other night I may have experienced a tulpa, and if she really is there (it feels like she is but maybe I'm deluding myself) I want her to be comfortable. I'm excited to see if I get any more experiences in the next couple of days that convince me she's "real." I guess right now she's in bed, but I think I put her there? This is so strange. I feel crazy.