Tulpaforcing and Meditation

bila bila

Question

I went to the library the other day and picked up a meditation book. I tried mediating and it really helped me with focusing on my tulpa and begin in an appropriate state to work on her. Also I started reading the visualization chapter and found a few exercises which looked quite good.

When people like FAQ_man said that you don't need to meditate to tulpaforce, I don't think that means that people shouldn't. It may be the case that people don't need to meditate but I think it would be more beneficial if they did. Even outside of tulpaforcing, it can help with different types of problems such as stress and anxiety. I would recommend people to try meditation for a few days especially those who are planning on making a tulpa.

Does any one want me to type out the exercises?

EDIT:

Ok then I'm gonna post about breathing and a few different postures which can be done during meditation. Some more effective than others, although beginners might find the more simple ones better for them.

Full Lotus

The Full Lotus position is when the right foot is placed on the left thigh and the left foot is placed on the right thigh. It's quite straining for people who haven't done it before but ensures circulation of 'energy' around the body.

Half Lotus

This is like Full Lotus but only one foot needs to go on the other thigh. Used if people can't perform the Full Lotus

Quarter Lotus

a.k.a. crossed legged

The Egyptian Position

It's just sitting down on a chair with a straight back. Ideal for begginers as it can be sustained for a long period of time.

Breathing

There are lots of methods of breathing. Some include placing your hands on your navel and nostrils. I think that I'll just cover the basic breathing technique.

• Get into your comfortable position
  • Close your eyes and become aware of your breathing
  • Take a deep breath but make sure you find it comfortable, don't fill up your lungs fully
  • Hold it in for a count of (whatever you want)
  • Then let it out as slowly as you can like a sigh

Keep doing this in a regular pattern. A good rhythm is a 4-2-4-2 one, which is when you breath in for 4 counts, hold it in for 2, breath out for 4 and wait for 2 before repeating. People with stronger lungs can do 8-4-8-4 if they want. Just do what's more comfortable.

These exercises aren't specificly made for tulpaforcing but can be altered so that they can be made to build upon personality building and creating stronger bonds with your tulpa in general.

Exercise: The corridor (Personality)

Close your eyes and visualize yourself standing at one end of a long corridor. Now see the word 'calm' appearing in front of you in any form or colour that you like, but keep it simple.

Hold that image firmly in and focus as you send the word slowly down the corridor. Do not follow it ad don't let it out of your slight. When you have seen it safely to the end of the corridor, slowly and smoothly bring it back to you.

You can eventually extend the exercise when you feel that you have good control over the word. You can send it through a door at the end of the corridor into a pool a jacuzzi. Submerge the word into the pool and wait for it to dissolve. After putting a number of suggestions into the pool you follow them there and imagine immersing yourself into the clam refreshing pool.

When you are ready, slowly bring yoursef back to the real world and slowly open your eyes while becoming aware of your surroundings.

You see, this exercise can be altered in a way for your tulpa. In the last paragraph, you can put traits ad attributes into the pool and have your tulpa immerse themselves in it instead.

Exercise: The nightly review (Narration)

Before you go to sleep, close your eyes and recall the events of the day in reverse order, from the evening back to when you woke up. If you fall asleep before you finish, don't worry, you probably need the rest.

Don't just simply catalouge the events, but re-run them and visualize them in as much detail as possible. Sharpen your psychic senses and try to get a real sense of the atmosphere, smells and physical sensations.

Try and cultivate a sense of detachment so you do not take everything personally, but rather accept these things as having been experienced by the body that you are in right now. Then let the events go like unrolling a roll of film or and handful of pictures.

This can help you not become as attached to past events for people who are guild ridden or anxious about the things they have done. It helps people to live in the present than always holding onto the past.

You can run through the past events with your tulpa and then at the end , you can both partake in letting go of them. This can strengthen the bond between you two as well as working on narration.

I'll post a few more later.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

While meditation isn't needed for tulpaforcing, I agree with you that it really does help. Not only does it clear your mind, but it can give you a lot more focus and stuff.

So yeah, if you have some nice meditation and breathing exercises and stuff, feel free to share them.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Please go ahead, I'd be glad for any kind of information you could share on this topic. My visualization skills are the worst of the worst.

Nice. It should help to have a guide right here locally. As Pleeb said, it's not required but it sure does help with concentration, focus, and visualization and I recommend it to anybody that's having issues.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

If you're up for writing a guide, I would be happy to put it up on the site. I think we only have one Meditation guide right now, and I'm not sure how effective it is (never used it).

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Anonymous

I've been telling people the benefits of meditation before or during tulpaforcing ever since I've been here and rarely does anyone take my advice. Glad to know some people are at least open to the idea.

Honestly the best method for meditation is always the simplest. The focal point of meditation is to practice mindfulness and awareness of what you're doing at all times, which helps greatly for tulpaforcing since it means you'll rarely -if ever- slip up on visualizing your tulpa. And I've found the best way to achieve mindfulness is to just do a very basic breathing exercise whenever you get the chance. Practicing full-lotus meditation, or really any form of external meditation seem to be almost useless since it requires more effort to master, with less results than any kind of basic internal meditation. Plus the only goal you're really aiming for with basic meditation is prolonging your meditative state, rather than trying to accomplish some feat of flexibility or concentration.

Of course different things work for different people, and there could be exceptions, but there's a pretty significant correlation between those who practice simple meditation regularly, and those who are successful.

Please go ahead, I'd be glad for any kind of information you could share on this topic. My visualization skills are the worst of the worst.

Are you by any chance expecting to see stuff on the backs of your eyelids? I ask because this was more or less my problem, and so far most people who can't see a thing seem to be running into something similar.

You have to learn to shift your mental focus away from your eyes, to your imagination. After doing it for a while, it'll start to seem more real to you due to being used to it and lack of input from eyeballs. You still won't get visual hallucinations (at least not until imposition), and it will never be as vivid as real life. This really is just imagining stuff with your eyes shut.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Can you imagine in color? Like can you see bright blue, purple, or orange? I try but most of the colors I visualize are very dull, gray-like, except I still know what color it's supposed to be.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Can you imagine in color? Like can you see bright blue, purple, or orange? I try but most of the colors I visualize are very dull, gray-like, except I still know what color it's supposed to be.

I usually get full color.

Try describing the scene to yourself, or better, your tulpa, in as much detail as possible. Include descriptions of as many senses as possible, especially scent, touch and sound. Include descriptions of colors. Imagining a scene with lots of bright color will obviously result in more color. Descriptions seed the imagination, and other imagined senses help anchor yourself in the imaginary location and make you see it more clearly. Other senses also help keep your view in first-person perspective.

For example, if you have sand, don't just say there's sand. Describe its color. Bend down and pick some up. Describe and feel its texture. See how it sparkles in the sun. Feel how it shifts under your feet. Etc.

What sort of mental state are you in when forcing? Visualization is at its worse when you're fully awake, excited, or agitated. Try to get into a calm, relaxed state, both mentally and physically; meditate if needed. I mostly just let the tension flow out of me to relax; probably helps that I'm generally pretty laid-back. I think I'm reaching a relatively shallow meditative state doing it.

. . . PROTIP: **ALWAYS** ctrl-C before clicking Post Reply. I had to retype this because a CloudFlare error page ate my post.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Are you by any chance expecting to see stuff on the backs of your eyelids? I ask because this was more or less my problem, and so far most people who can't see a thing seem to be running into something similar.

Oh, I wish it was that simple. No, my mind's eye is just completely degenerate. It's utterly disheartening. Today, I actually started using the exact same method you described in your last post, it seemed to help quite a bit. Yet, the images I see are about as vivid as memories of a drunk friday night two years ago, but hey, it's better than not seeing anything at all. Not everybody begins this process having years of visualization experience behind him.