Hello There, Guest! Register

[Forcing] listening - to wake headmates or help with parroting
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Threads: 10

Default  RE: listening - to summon and help with parroting
Eh, "they" is pretty much accepted - much better than the furry-esque "xe"s and stuff. But as that's the best we got for an English pronoun without a gender, I don't really mind what you use.

If you wanted it to be put itno tips and tricks, then you shouldn't have written it like a guide! How you write it has more to do with where it goes - and it doesn't matter all too much. I hope? Does it matter to you?

I do suggest rewording the title then, if that is what you mean. I did not get that implication from it at all. You can try to explain the title in the thread all you want, but if it's confusing enough for people to not even know what they're clicking on, well...

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 04:33 PM by Sands.)
11-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Find Reply
tulpa001 Away
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 26
All Accounts Posts: 1,864

RE: listening - to summon and help with parroting
I need proposed alternatives to rename the title.

I have no Idea how I wrote this like a guide. It's obviously shorter than a guide, and does not describe any of the major steps in full.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
11-14-2016, 11:07 AM
Find Reply
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Default  RE: listening - to summon and help with parroting
Well, what did you just tell us? If you want the title to be similar, tell us what we are summoning. Right now it almost reads like "to summon parroting".

A guide could be very short just like tips and tricks could be very long - length has nothing to do with it. I could write thousands of words detailing something, but deep down it might be condensed into a single sentence that is the main tip: try doing something like this, it might help. A guide walks a person through the process: do this, then that, then this, etc. You did the latter here.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
11-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Find Reply
tulpa001 Away
<void>
Forum Moderators

RE: listening - to wake headmates or help with parroting
Well, you didn't like it when it was simpler. Okay, it is a guide.

11-15-2016, 04:52 AM
Find Reply
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

We didn't like it because it was too vague to be helpful and could have been more, like it is now. You know, actually explaining us what you mean instead of blurting out words that you know what they're supposed mean but aren't obvious to us. That's the thing about writing advice to others, can't assume others know what you mean.

You submission always was written like a guide (you even had obvious steps) but the message wasn't clear enough. Right now it's better. And I guess the title is more helpful now.

11-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Find Reply
waffles Offline
no capital
Registered

Threads: 24

Yeah. Giving a step-by-step anything is kinda guide-y, not that the distinction is too important. Anyway, good changes, approved. I'll move it.
11-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Find Reply
Kitsukrou Offline
Along with Alex
Registered

Threads: 13

This looks very helpful, especially in my case, seeing as I almost never wait for my tulpa to respond to the things I say. Thanks for the tips, I'll let you know if this helps produce progress in vocality.

My progress report
My tulpa group on Deviantart

To leave the past behind, to proclaim that the truth was a lie, is the equivalent of damaging one’s own future.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 10:04 PM by Kitsukrou.)
12-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Find Reply
tulpa001 Away
<void>
Forum Moderators

Thanks!

12-06-2016, 01:31 AM
Find Reply