Hello There, Guest! Register

[Forcing] On Forcing: Developing the Consciousness
Shinyuu Offline
Registered

Threads: 17

On Forcing: Developing the Consciousness

“Can I create a tulpa only by passive forcing?” This question pops up constantly on tulpa forums and discussion groups. It often comes from a thought that “active forcing” requires you to dedicate time to your tulpa, and you ain’t got time for that shite (you still want to have a tulpa, though).

I decided to tap into the applied neuroscience and make a bridge between forcing and mindfulness; expanding into the brain idling states and pointing out the best strategies to develop a tulpa.

Read the article
03-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 12
Linked Accounts

RE: On Forcing: Developing the Consciousness

Posted in wrong thread.

[The Bear System] - [Bear Chat] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw] - [Art]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 12:32 AM by Angry Bear.)
03-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Find Reply
Shinyuu Offline
Registered

Threads: 17

This is a right thread. It's a submission for the "articles".
03-08-2019, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 12
4 Attached Accounts

It was an edit, he previously posted his thoughts on "developing the consciousness" as if it was a General Discussion thread. "Board" is the word you'd be looking for, by the way

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
03-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Find Reply
Piano Offline
Star Man
Global Moderators (Hidden)

Threads: 10
Linked Accounts

Break-down
Quote:“Can I create a tulpa only by passive forcing?”
The article doesn't really answer that question.

Quote:It often comes from a thought that “active forcing” requires you to dedicate time to your tulpa
It does.

Quote:And indeed, “active forcing” is hosts experiencing their tulpas while being aware of it; while “passive forcing” is them doing it while being unaware of the action.
I don't agree with this statement. There's no reason not to be aware that you're passive forcing.

Quote:Buddhist traditions place thoughts next to the other senses, naming it a sixth sense, no different from sight or hearing4
I'm not sure how this is relevant. In fact, none of the Buddhism references seem to have much purpose being there.

Quote: in fact a meditation practice
I don't agree that it's a meditation practice unless meditation is used. I agree with most of this paragraph though, aside from saying that active forcing involves sorting out thoughts, I don't think that's really a requirement, rather it's something that can be done during it.

Change the term "subconscious" to "unconscious."

Can you add that fronting is also useful if they haven't learned switching yet? Unless it's not. I don't know, I haven't learned full switching yet, lol.

Overall, I think this is a very good article, just some things need to be re-worded or changed around a bit, like the Buddhism references that don't seem to really fit, or the fact that it doesn't really address the question presented at the beginning. Other than that, it's really well done. Add a back-up link and edit some things and I'll approve for articles.

I'm not really sure about the title itself though. "Developing the Consciousness" doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, perhaps "Developing the Ego" would be better?

I'm Piano Soul, the "Star Man" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa formed January 2017. My systemmates are Apollo, Luxio, & Indigo. Form images: 1 2
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 08:03 PM by Piano.)
05-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Find Reply