Hello There, Guest! Register

forum love or like
solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Registered

Threads: 9

RE: forum love or like
(06-09-2017, 04:41 PM)Luminesce Wrote: I just click "View Today's Posts" constantly.

(LIKED) That's what I have been doing. Fairly random, but it gives you the thoughts for the day.
06-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
Pleeb Offline
Owner
Forum Administrators

Threads: 62

We used to have one; the overall community disliked it and it was eventually trolled. It would be pretty simple to implement if we wanted one back.
06-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Website Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 10
All Accounts Posts: 2,399

(09-17-2012, 02:57 PM)Slushie Wrote: Even when the system is legit, it gives certain users a higher appearance of authority based on a score, which I think is unhealthy. People see a post by a user with a high score and assume the post must be true/valuable. They might even upvote them because they have a high score. It's simple psychology. The large chunk of our community made up by younger members is particularly impressionable in this way. The value of posts should be determined solely by one's individual judgement of their merit, unbiased by the "score" of the person who posted it.

Yeah, this.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
06-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Find Reply