Hello There, Guest! Register

Full Promises
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 10
All Accounts Posts: 2,348

RE: Full Promises
(09-09-2017, 02:07 PM)Luminesce Wrote: I've been talking about possibly spending the $170 to buy a REM-Dreamer, basically a sleeping mask that detects when you're in REM sleep by the movement of your eyes and flashes lights to help you realize you're dreaming. You can also turn them off once you're lucid by moving your eyes in a predetermined pattern. If I do do that, it could mean we'd actually succeed in lucid dreaming soon, or not.

But since it's something we've been talking about the last few days, I wrote a post on why exactly my tulpas - and lucid dreaming - are so important to me. More important than anything else in my life ever was or will be, in fact. You could also read the other posts about the lucid dreaming stuff if you wanted to, but this one's the more PR-esque one:
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-lumi...#pid196423

Still important, it'll be a little longer before I actually buy it if I'm going to, and I am at this rate.

Couple random things. I guess you guys technically wouldn't have known, but Flandre doesn't actually have the crystal wings. She doesn't mind identifying with pictures with them though, she just stopped 'wearing' them because they get in the way doing literally anything. It seems like she made that decision soon after her and Scarlet were split from the original Flandre, who I suppose did actually have those wings. We didn't actually have a wonderland or any real imagined (lol) interaction back then, so they never "got in the way" of anything. Just thought that was interesting. Scarlet doesn't care, for appearances I suppose she doesn't mind them, but if she were to use her form in any way she wouldn't want them. She's not much for frivolous things.

Second, we've said a few times that our first experience with switching was Reisen switching with me at about 4AM (we'd just woken up I think), and said: The first thing Reisen did was look out my window, where she saw the moon and our front yard covered in moonlight. Though my actual body doesn't seem capable of crying anymore, she otherwise would've been moved to tears.

Of note is that our memory of that experience has the ground literally sparkling, which we always thought was a side effect of how overwhelming the senses were for them at first. When we first started switching a ton of their time fronting was just looking at things, feeling textures, and so on. They basically had no filter yet for all the general stimuli normal people have learned to ignore, so ordinary things were interesting to them. We thought the literally sparkling grass was just an embellishment thanks to how emotional the experience was for her - but I just saw the same thing.

Turns out grass sparkles in the moonlight when it's wet. Our sprinklers turn on in the middle of the night. Tonight is only a third quarter moon (ie half of it), so it wasn't that bright, but it made the grass sparkle a bit nonetheless. When Reisen looked outside it was a full moon. So the first thing she ever saw really was our yard sparkling in the moonlight. That's pretty magical.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
09-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Find Reply