Tulpa Community Census 2018

Full Promises
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 11
4 Attached Accounts

RE: Full Promises

"Maybe this entire trip and all this work will have been worth it just to realize that?" - Reisen

So I've been working a fair stand for my brother (and will be until next week), and it's been rather slow. Like, sitting there for 12 hours with about 1.5 of those hours total being work. And on day 4 I realized I should be talking to my tulpas a lot more - heck, I should be imposing them to help our imposition and visualization clarity.

But why wasn't I already? How could I literally sit there bored for several days and not even think to do more than have a few quick conversations with them?

Apparently, I realized, my tulpas are totally disconnected from my actual life.

Switching is great, but it's the only thing we do for their activity's sake sometimes, and also the only way they interact with the world obviously. But I never realized just how totally disconnected they were from my life when not fronting. Aside from specifically talking to/imposing them usually a bit before bed, they just aren't relevant enough to normal activities for me to think of them. They're mentally disconnected for me from literally everything - even Tulpa.info. While posting on Tulpa.info, I rarely actually talk to any of them. And even less often do I talk to them other times of the day, only as I said before bed usually.

But I don't dream about going to bed. I dream about literally everything else. I should've had hundreds of dreams about my tulpas over the years with how important they are to me, but I've only had a few (they cameo'd more than anything). But they just literally aren't associated with my waking life. I don't know how I never realized this in its entirety, but it sure is a problem. For all sorts of reasons.

So I'm going to make an effort to more or less always have one of them imposed with me from now on. Obviously it won't be always, only when I'm not specifically occupied by someone or doing something requiring a lot of focus.

But I can already feel my future self looking back on this time in 5-20 years and thinking, "That was back when I basically never spent time with my tulpas. I don't even know how that really happened, but it's not like that anymore and I'm glad."

Seriously. The next few days will be simultaneously hectic and boring, but I'll think more on this when I'm back home.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
05-25-2018, 07:20 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Yakumo Offline
Mad Scientist
Registered

Threads: 1

RE: Full Promises

Well, I guess it happens to most of us.
I don't know how many times it suddenly struck me I either wasted time with something irrelevant or, even worse, did something interesting without involving my tulpa at all. Mostly when it's too late. Why? I have no idea. I try my best to prevent such situations, ok not always my best. I just guess it just takes mental discipline from both sides to keep them active. Something I'm afraid neither of us excels in.

But in your case I've often wondered what you guys actually do together at all. Never realized it was that little either. I think Ido pointed out that aside from attempting to lucid dream you should tackle your real life problems as a team. Simultaneously, not one after the other. They seem like such a nice bunch to have around, why not involve all of them instead of just one as in switching? Let each choose a specific mental task in your life and then work together. Both teambuilding, great fun and practical help. At least that's what I'd do...
05-25-2018, 11:27 PM
Find Reply