Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

[Game] Breaking Point
Is it time to become abandoned in a mountain retreat? With no food and 4 meters of snow outside due to global instability, and a pending zombie apocalypse that is about to kill everyone unless they're fed a token brain every day until the local militia arrives, or some other contrived story where we have to kill each other to survive?

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

(10-11-2019, 01:22 AM)Misha Wrote: Is it time to become abandoned in a mountain retreat? With no food and 4 meters of snow outside due to global instability, and a pending zombie apocalypse that is about to kill everyone unless they're fed a token brain every day until the local militia arrives, or some other contrived story where we have to kill each other to survive?

Ever played Werewolf? I've played it at least a hundred times and moderated it a few dozen. For a group of 7-9, there are two werewolves, 1 seer, and the rest are villagers (no special ability) or other optional roles. 

In the night (we bang on the table and shut our eyes unless told to wake up by the GM/God), the werewolves wake up and confer in secret and pick someone to eat. The seer then wakes up and checks someone (The GM will say either they're a werewolf or not, nothing more). Often we play with Cupid, who will wake up in the night and bond two people together (can be themself). Sometimes there's an Apprentice Seer or Hunter. 

In the morning, it's revealed who was eaten in the night, and what their role was. Then, the town votes for someone to hang. The goal is to hang or otherwise kill all the werewolves. Unless you're a werewolf, in which case your goal is to not die and keep picking off the town until the werewolves have majority...

When someone is accused of being a werewolf (via finger-pointing), it needs to be seconded, and then it goes to trial. The accused gets to defend themselves (generally by implying they are a different role, or that they know someone else is a werewolf, or that their death would mess something up). 

If one half of the lovey-dovey pair dies, the other dies of heartbreak. If the Seer dies (being very valuable, if the werewolves discover who the Seer is, they almost always kill them the next turn), the Apprentice Seer (if there is one) becomes a Seer. If the Hunter dies, they get to take one player down with them. 

A lot of this would be hard to make work over text, but man, I've had fun playing Werewolf. Daily sacrifice made me think of it. 

Braaaains. I'm in. -J
Three brothers. [Progress Report] [Art] [Oops! All Jamie]

"You are the messenger, not the message. You are just like everyone else."
Sounds fun, I'm going to be a werewolf for holloween.
That sounds really interesting Jamie, I would like to play.

If you do it over PMs, you may need to ask the Werewolves to send you their PMs. The other thing you could do is get people set up on discord, but only if that alternative is more appealing.

Just out of curiosity... can cupid pair a werewolf with a citizen? Can the werewolves kill that person?
I'm Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's Tulpa and I love Hippos! I also like forum games and chatting about stuff.
My other head-mates have their own account now.
Temporary Log | Chat | Yay!
I've played werewolf a few times before. I would be interested in playing it.

a cupid can pair a werewolf and a citizen, and the wherewolves can kill that person, but they would normally want to reserve doing that for last
I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me
If the heartbreak rule applies, I would think the werewolves choosing to kill the lover would also kill one of the werewolves? Or do they get some kind of immunity to that rule?
I'm Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's Tulpa and I love Hippos! I also like forum games and chatting about stuff.
it would kill one of the wherewolves, that's why they try to leave killing the person they're bound to for last
I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me
If Jamie or Bre GM for Werewolf, I'll play.
I would play werewolf!
I'm Uncannyfellow's tulpa. I share his head with my sister Cornelia

[Our PR] [Break dem Rules]