[Game] Last one to post wins!
I managed to get third place without moving
I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

I'm not a fan of anything mario, i'm not sure anything Nintendo specific strikes my fancy. No Nintendo, no Pokemon, it's looking very bleak. What can I say, i grew up on PC games.
Not even animal crossing?
I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me
(06-17-2019, 01:03 AM)Breloomancer Wrote: I managed to get third place without moving
This is a Mario game, you need to be Luigi to win by doing nothing.
Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.
(06-17-2019, 02:29 AM)Angry Bear Wrote: I'm not a fan of anything mario, i'm not sure anything Nintendo specific strikes my fancy. No Nintendo, no Pokemon, it's looking very bleak. What can I say, i grew up on PC games.

We're in the same boat.
Mario games are okay, a little bland to me as opposed to nostalgic despite playing them when I was younger. They really are just more of the same over and over again, for the most part. Mario 64 though? I could play that literally forever. But Nintendo has far too many different franchises for me to not like them because I don't care about Mario games. What about Zelda?
Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
Zelda, Metroid, animal crossing, harvest moon, you think I would have liked that, and at some point I might have. My distaste for platformers began with Super Mario Bros on a 1st gen Nintendo at my friend's house and that console killed quite a few genres for me: point and click adventures, moto cross, investigation games, and gen 1 super smash bros on the original xbox killed fighting games for me among others because nothing Nintendo is quite like Oblivion, Grand Theft Auto III, Skyrim, Minecraft, Terraria, Red Alert 3, Forgotten Realms series of D&D games, Baulder's Gate II, Diablo II, and more recently, Rim world, and my latest hooked on game Kenshi (too soon to tell if it'll be in this league). These are the games I spent over 500 hours on each, something like minecraft was probably more like 1500 hours, Terraria is closer to over a thousand, grand theft auto 3 on playstation 2 is something probably incalculable, just years, and I never finished it, the content was a mix of way too hard and too addictive. The vanilla games in most of these cases is nothing more than a novelty, it must be modded. The procedure for modding Flallout 3 (my first really heavily modded game after Oblivion) was 6 hours long and involved a lot of trial and error to get it to be stable, there was no mod-loader in the beginning, it was done manually.

Today with steam workshop and load order, it's a no-brainer, and many games I never played vanilla. Fallout 4, Rimworld, Kenshi, those were heavily modded before I even started the game once.

They say mods can turn a game into a whole new experience, uh, mods are the vast majority of the experience in my case.

Given the power of mods on a game like Fallout 3, who can play mario anything?

The games I did play the heck out of unmodded were Sims 2, 3, Mass Effect 2, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Terraria actually, but only for the first few playthroughs. (Even before there was a moon lord).

However, a game like Elder Scrolls Oblivion was completely broken, unoptomized, unplayable, buggy as f, crashy, fall through the world, stuck in dialog, sub 1fps in fights, AI cheating, spawn in front of you, broken nonsence. Mods turned it into one of my favorite games of all time, still, never came close to beating it.

No time for platformers, sorry, can't be bothered to memorize a specific mind numbing set of moves to get to the next save point. I must have open world, open saves, save scumming (Space Engineers) and cheats to avoid the monotonous grinding that turns off even the slightest enjoyment.

Give a kid a computer capable of playing something good, and the nintendo or playstation at the friend's house might as well not exist. They're just not comparable for my tastes. I want to hoard, turtle up, build huge impenetrable bases, automate production (Factorio, Tekkit IC2) and mine.

Getting a sub 1 minute playthrough of a level did nothing for me. Though I think if I had been given Pokemon at the right time, it would have clicked, I did play a lot of Final Fantasy 7, but stopped just short of beating Sephiroth because I would have needed to grind another 50 hours to barely win, nevermind. I even bred chocobos to the point that I would always win. That game, like mass effect, is too linear for me now. I need true open world, I don't want obvious enemy scaling with level either Oblivion (have to mod that out in some cases).

[/ramble mode]
Do you ever find things you don't remember writing, loudly declaring that you should totally learn various textile arts, languages, and musical instruments? Thanks, headfriends... I did not expect this from life but I won't say it's the worst thing.

Good morning. I remembered a friend asking me a few years ago what my opinion on a certain teacher was. I said, any one you want, I liked her, didn't like her, cared, didn't care, liked the subject, didn't like the subject. My friend got miffed and thought I was disguising what I really thought. I wasn't, but I made sure to, after that. I thought it was normal that, anything you do, sometimes you lose your taste for it. Favorite food means the food you like the most often. In the "wrong mood", you'll consistently feel no bond toward all your friends, that's just how it works. Right?

text wall
I do wonder maybe if my sensory processing disorder is misdiagnosed plurality. I got diagnosed at 7. I thought I was developing schiophrenia in middle school because of internal radio- and I bet, telling a doctor "Voices and sounds repeat endlessly in my head, tell me bad things, and narrate my life" could get a label slapped on me in an instant- maybe not schiophrenia, but something. The only thing that stopped me from seeking treatment was willingly choosing, "This doesn't distress me (much), it's just a thing." Considering that that the clones have so many rules just for keeping things covert, I'm really not surprised I chose to treat internal radio how I did.

When is getting a diagnosis warranted? Well, if you need insurance to cover something, if you need accomadations, and oftentimes, for validity and understanding, both legal and societal. My SPD label gets me 2/3. Not to mention the finger of stigma on the scale... SPD doesn't bring much understanding because few people understand what it even is. DID? Well, let's just say, a lot of people have some pretty strong preconceptions. I worry that at some point my SPD will mean I have to quit a job that asks me to do something I cannot. I worry that I might deeply embaress myself. Now, DID? I worry I'd get fired for seeming like a danger, a nutjob. People tell me that SPD really just means I'm weak, but they do not tell me it means I am crazy or a danger. Can I risk that, especially considering the career I want? SPD is not mental illness. DID is. I'm NOT mentally ill- yes, yes, I know, but I have all sorts of prejuices that we don't have time to get into. I don't want to be labelled mentally ill. And I don't need to be. I think.
It would certainly be different if I trusted that my culture, or even just my family, would not condemn me.

What a time to be alive! An internet community where "hearing voices" is like... duh, I hope you are, you're plural.

-J

edit: text wall ninja'd. Have you seen No Man's Sky? It got shitty press for making some shitty moves, but they threw out some updates and I really enjoy it... The atmosphere, the open world. Not the space fights, because I always died, but I enjoyed travelling, the mechanics. Resource-gathering was fun because it was never clearcut. Once I had to go retrieve parts from a crashed ship, but just by chance, the ship crashed in the bottom of a lake! So, I had to drop MY ship in the lake, and because I was new on the block without good gear, I had a good 30 seconds of oxygen... swim through the wreck, fight off stupid tentacles, try to find that freaking technology whatchamacallit... All the creatures were cool, too, I had my home base on a beach swarming with these crab monster things. I would see them eating other creatures. They mostly ignored me. Sometimes one would get cocky and stalk me for several minutes before dashing up. And getting lazer to the face.
If you can keep it together, it might be better without the diagnosis. If you can't, then there is no choice. A disease affects your career when it affects your career not when you get a shiny new label.
(06-17-2019, 01:13 PM)Angry Bear Wrote: Give a kid a computer capable of playing something good, and the nintendo or playstation at the friend's house might as well not exist. They're just not comparable for my tastes. I want to hoard, turtle up, build huge impenetrable bases, automate production (Factorio, Tekkit IC2) and mine.

Maybe it's because I've had much more time on my hands, but loving Factorio and Tekkit didn't stop me from ever playing console games. Smash Bros classically has kept every generation of nintendo console in this house, if Pokemon didn't (or Breath of the Wild in the Switch's case). I still prefer PC mostly, but I've had reason enough to buy every generation of DS, Wii, WiiU and then a Switch, all while I had a laptop or PC.

(Good) Nintendo games (and probably most other console's good games) are just better made than PC games. PC games are usually "rough" in a way, whereas nintendo games are made as complete packages. Nintendo polish, you know. Pokemon X and Y is just not something you'll find the equivalent of on PC, period. (Aside from emulating X&Y lol)

But for the most part, especially since I prefer games without endings, PC is all I need. And without all the time in the world, I could see never needing to stray from it, sure.

Oh, and some people just prefer the types of games on consoles to PC games. Some go so far as to subjectively prefer the couch-gaming experience over desk-gaming.
Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.