Hello There, Guest! Register

[Game] Last one to post wins!
Srn347 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

RE: [Game] Last one to post wins!

Yep, you guys have pretty good "equanimity". That's something I should probably work on actually, my tulpas have posted very little on this forum.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.
05-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

A month old reference to Solarchariot not knowing the definition of equanimity?

Despite it sounding like it should be otherwise, the correct word here really is equality.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
05-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
Srn347 Offline
Registered

Yeah, I thought it might've been "equidistribution" but I just checked and apparently that's not right (well, it's a bit of a stretch at least).

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.
05-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
jean-luc Offline
capt@in.jean-luc.org
Patron

Threads: 53
2 Attached Accounts

Wow, it's been awhile.

Host: Jean-luc (plain-colored text)
Tulpas: Snow & Henry
Choose your tulpas' colors here!
Click here if you'd like a changing avatar like mine!
Ain't that just fantitiliantastic!
I host a podcast called Tulpaudcast.
and ramble crazily about everything while walking on Jean-luc walking.
05-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Find Reply
solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Forum Moderators

Threads: 14

I think one can have equanimity within social relationships, even if there isn't equality. I am not a fan of equality in all things, because we're just not, and one of my pet peeves is hearing someone say, 'life isn't fair...' Mostly because life, the Universe, rarely sorts things in terms of fairness. Ask the dinosaurs. I did not get a fair distribution of money. Oh well. I am not all that smart, but we have to sort that because there are what, half a dozen intelligences? Music, math, kinesthetic, emotional, something, something.... We, as a society, can aim for mediocrity, but what does that actually mean? We're all equally bad at everything as opposed to outstanding in anything? I was reading a concert was protested because there were no female classical composers represented... Oh, as if classical music wasn't already dead and dying... Does anyone go to the orchestra or theatre any more? Does anyone mourn for Mozart?

in terms of statistical representation of who posts here... I'm also not sure that's an equity things, as anyone can post. I am not sure what word preference for what we have here. Does 'equanimity' fit? Ummm, maybe I should reflect further...

http://www.jetsetmag.com/lifestyle/healt...ty-equity/
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 04:35 PM by solarchariot.)
05-17-2018, 04:34 PM
Find Reply
Srn347 Offline
Registered

This is true, not all things are equal (although I must point out, the dinosaurs did in fact have fair distribution of money). Aiming for excellence is definitely better than aiming for mediocrity, and I can't imagine how malicious someone would have to be to have told you otherwise.

Of course there is an inequality in terms of how much each person posts, as would always be the case on any forum (every person posting equally is just ludicrous). And since you mentioned statistics and word preference, here is the universal distribution of word usage.

05-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Find Reply
solarchariot Offline
It's bigger on the inside
Forum Moderators

Threads: 14

Nice link, but no data to determine the next time Jean-Luc will post a pony in the other game. It's therefore flawed. Smile
05-17-2018, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
Srn347 Offline
Registered

If you broaden your search to "the next time a pony is posted on the forum", I can answer with 100% certainty. The answer is right now, totally not rigged.
[Image: My-Little-Pony-my-little-pony-32446794-1266-1000.jpg]

05-17-2018, 10:13 PM
Find Reply
Paranoid Llama Offline
Forum Games Maniac
Registered

Threads: 9
1 Attached Account

im back

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

05-21-2018, 02:03 AM
Find Reply
jean-luc Offline
capt@in.jean-luc.org
Patron

Threads: 53
2 Attached Accounts

omfgroflolzorzwtfbbq paul is back.

Host: Jean-luc (plain-colored text)
Tulpas: Snow & Henry
Choose your tulpas' colors here!
Click here if you'd like a changing avatar like mine!
Ain't that just fantitiliantastic!
I host a podcast called Tulpaudcast.
and ramble crazily about everything while walking on Jean-luc walking.
05-21-2018, 05:40 AM
Find Reply