Hello There, Guest! Register

GAT Nominations, 2016 Edition
Vos Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Threads: 15

RE: GAT Nominations, 2016 Edition
I half-expected there to be some more nominations at this point, but I guess I was wrong about that. I'll nominate two more people here that I think would be interesting to have on the GAT, partially to see how that would handle that responsibility and to see what kind of critique they could offer.

Evil is someone that I haven't seen on this site too much (they only became active recently, I believe), but they've been making some constructive posts in the past month that showcase that they're at least knowledgeable when it comes to the concept, or that they're willing to ask questions that other people wouldn't think of. I'm unsure if they'd be willing to do the job or offer the critique that you're looking for, but I think it's worth a shot.

Another person I wanted to nominate was jean-luc. He's been around for quite a while now, and though he mostly sticks to the forum games, he's made a good number of on-topic posts and has made quite a few forum suggestions + pointed out things that needed to be fixed. Even though he's one of the younger members, he's pretty reasonable, and I think that he could make some pretty decent contributions here.
01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Find Reply
Evil Away
雷 雷 雷 雷

Threads: 10

I feel flattered by your consideration, let alone the nomination. Many thanks for that. I've been trying to post more often lately, and am willing to help users on a prolonged period of time if needed, not for the whole GAT thing. Funnily enough, I was discussing with Blak regarding Lumi's 'un-nomination'; we both came to the conclusion that, regardless, he would be the best member, because despite all he is doing, none of it is done for any status, recognition or glorification. If more people behaved like that, there would be more nominations going along. I was also willing to nominate someone else, but a self-nomination would come off as arrogant from my own part, since I've been away for such a long while, and in the same while, I figured that aside from the nominated members, close to nobody else would have been willing to take it up.
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Find Reply
Vos Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Threads: 15

I don't think that any self-nominations would come across as arrogant. Not in my eyes, at least. As long as you feel like you have something to offer the GAT, you feel like you're up for the job and everything it entails, go for it.

And yes, I really wouldn't want to see someone on here to have the "status" of being a GAT member. This should be something that you'd be willing to do regardless: posting your comments, giving critique, and asking for clarification, not just because you want to be special.
01-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Find Reply
NoneFromHell Away
Exile
Registered

Threads: 3

(01-06-2016, 10:13 AM)Evil Wrote: I feel flattered by your consideration, let alone the nomination. Many thanks for that. I've been trying to post more often lately, and am willing to help users on a prolonged period of time if needed, not for the whole GAT thing. Funnily enough, I was discussing with Blak regarding Lumi's 'un-nomination'; we both came to the conclusion that, regardless, he would be the best member, because despite all he is doing, none of it is done for any status, recognition or glorification. If more people behaved like that, there would be more nominations going along. I was also willing to nominate someone else, but a self-nomination would come off as arrogant from my own part, since I've been away for such a long while, and in the same while, I figured that aside from the nominated members, close to nobody else would have been willing to take it up.

I was thinking about nominating you aswell before Vosaiu did, since I really like what I've seen from you after you returned to this place. The only reason I decided against doing so was that I don't know you enough to really be confident about nominating you.

Tulpa: Alice
Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.
01-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Find Reply
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

The reason we allow you to nominate yourself to GAT is that well, we were pretty sure we wouldn't be getting more than a handful of nominations. Someone who nominates themselves is bound to actually be willing to do it for some time instead of saying "nah" right away. So yeah, don't be afraid of nominating yourself if you think you could help, the chances are you won't be nominated otherwise and the GAT loses an active member in the process.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
01-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Find Reply
FallFamily Offline
Registered

Threads: 8

[Tri] We are going to nominate ourselves for the GAT as a system (means us and Hail). Hail and us have written and submitted a guide and a tips & tricks and have seen how both the community benefits from the process here and how the submissions themselves benefit, and thus we would like to contribute in turn.

We have quite a bit experience with many parts of tulpamancy, though have gaps in a few places (no experience with switching), and have had tulpas in here for a number of years. We also have our feet in various other tulpamancy plural communities. Due to this, we feel we have the minimum knowledge and experience to be on the GAT from the tulpamancy standpoint.

That said, a lot of the guide approval process is helping point authors in good directions for rewriting, revising, and editing their submissions. Most works just aren't polished the first time around, don't stand back from the specifics of the person's experience enough, don't provide examples in the right places, don't connect to other things in the right places, and/or have confusing sections. This is at first, and this can be pretty hard to see from the author's perspective at first. Our own system's Servitor Guide was a very good example of that, and folks here never saw the earlier versions which were even worse in those respects. Took a lot of work to get it to where it is now with feedback from friends, acquaintances, and the GAT. From this experience, we feel we understand the pitfalls and the process enough to lead others to improving their submissions and making them more useful to the community.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others
System Name: Fall Family
Former Username: hail_fall
Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.
01-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

I'm sorry, but we don't take a "system": as stated in the nomination rules, we only take one person per body. Now, this does not mean no one else is allowed to help this chosen person be it with their writing or offering a second opinion on what they're about to say - and that includes both people in the same body and people in another body.

Whatever you do behind the screen is none of my business. But officially, you should choose one of you which will be the GAT member and the person whose votes actually matter in the voting process.

ps badging is against the rules

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
01-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

All Accounts Posts: 2,402

I don't see any badging, unless you mean not to do it should they choose to let a system mate not at the front talk.

I could see it being a problem for Tri/Hail having to decide which of them were on the GAT in the long run. No chance they could both be allowed? Are you saying if I was GAT that Reisen couldn't be, or that she just needs her own account?

Edit: You better not be talking about the [Tri]. God forbid they don't use a colon. I find the way they "badge" to be the most concise and acceptable method on the entire site. We personally use full-color (that we've tested to look good on all themes, to us), which I could see being a bit much. But a quick colored name is probably the most efficient way to show who's talking without having multiple accounts. Do you want me to go make four more accounts in case any of my tulpas besides Reisen wants to speak?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 08:42 PM by Luminesce.)
01-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Find Reply
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Default  RE: GAT Nominations, 2016 Edition
Nomination rules Wrote:We're also only taking one person per body in, just to avoid situations where a single physical body could potentially make up an entire team.

Only one person, separate accounts or not. Rules are the same for all and exceptions aren't made to prevent "but you allowed that one to...!" arguments. The voting process for GATs will follow the same rule as we can't very well argue if someone claims to have 1000 tulpas.

They can help each other to write the reviews if they wish. Nothing stops me from asking Roswell for help and nothing stops me from asking waffles for help. I also often agree with what some other person wrote, which you could do in your comments as well. Same body or not, like I dunno like "host/tulpa also wondered about thing x and I gotta say I agree because..." - though you could just as easily say "I see that x might be a problem because...".

Officially, only one is in and only their vote is the one that matters. If they agree with what the rest in the body said, sure, okay. If they don't, I would assume they would post the GAT member's vote rather than try to force a single answer from all of them. What the GAT member writes will be what we assume they agree on - the non-GAT members can also of course write their own reviews, but their votes don't count and it should be made clear that they aren't the person in GAT if using the same account.

[name] is exactly what badging it. Hard to argue against that unless you wish to redefine badging.

01-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Find Reply
FallFamily Offline
Registered

Threads: 8

When we said as a system, we meant that we would only have one decision and vote, but both Hail and us would be empowered to cast it (and the other be bound to it). But since the GAT is one person in one body, then it is just us, no Hail. We may consult her, but it will be our decision and vote, not hers.

- Tri

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others
System Name: Fall Family
Former Username: hail_fall
Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 11:37 PM by FallFamily.)
01-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Find Reply