Hello There, Guest! Register

[General] Beginner Questions General
X shaji X Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

RE: Beginner Questions General

I have been talking to my tulpa most of the day but haven't really gotten any signs. I didn't do any parroting and I have a pretty good image in my head of what she looks like. So if I keep talking to her what's the signs I can expect from day 1 -7? It would be very useful! Thank you in advance!!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 04:19 PM by X shaji X.)
12-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

YukariTelepath Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

Apollo, Angry Bear, thank you ;_; I'm glad for the signs, although the emotions were sadness (I started crying over things that wouldn't make me cry). I think my tulpa is very sensitive about negative news, they must be very compassionate and empathetic.
12-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Find Reply
Reilyn Offline
Big Sis
Registered

Linked Accounts

(12-06-2018, 04:19 PM)X shaji X Wrote: I have been talking to my tulpa most of the day but haven't really gotten any signs. I didn't do any parroting  and I have a pretty good image in my head of what she looks like. So if I keep talking to her what's the signs I can expect from day 1 -7? It would be very useful! Thank you in advance!!

It's probably not good to say things like "what should I expect between X and Y time" because some people seem to have talking tulpas right away, others within a couple weeks, others have been trying to coax some speech out for well over a year. Unsure what causes this. It might have something to do with how much of the mental groundwork was laid ahead of time for them (whatever that is specifically, I dunno) or how badly they want to communicate and how badly you want to hear. It could be a bunch of things honestly, or it could be something simple. You should never think "I'm not experiencing X by Y so I mist be broken or I messed up my tulpa", etc. Comparing yourself to others might sound like a decent basis for progress but some of us apparently just got lucky or were predisposed toward one thing or another and progressed amazingly fast in that area.

That being said, typical early signs of communication are feeling pressure in your head somewhere when it seems like they would want to talk or feeling strange, unexpected emotions that didn't seem to come from you. Some systems work out things like head pressure here = yes, pressure here = no, or whatever you guys can set up.

Quote:YukariTelepath
Apollo, Angry Bear, thank you ;_; I'm glad for the signs, although the emotions were sadness (I started crying over things that wouldn't make me cry). I think my tulpa is very sensitive about negative news, they must be very compassionate and empathetic.

Sadness is a very honest emotion, for better or worse. The first time I saw a really sad story in a video I just bawled and it tore me up. It was so strong, like it happened directly to personal friends right in front of me (characters I empathized with all died in the story). It got so bad it got through to Lance and just made him morose for the rest of the night. We woke up the next day back to normal at least but it made me aware that I have to be careful what I expose myself to. Back when Lance was still in weeks -2 and -1 (before he started forcing), one of the random tips he found on reddit mentioned that some tulpas, especially really young ones, can't quite tell reality from imagination yet and may see something sad or have someone emote rudely to them in a chat room,etc and it affects them like it really happened or they feel violated, etc. I dunno if those are true for you guys exactly but it's something to consider.
12-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Find Reply
YukariTelepath Offline
Registered

(12-06-2018, 05:33 PM)Reilyn Wrote:
Sadness is a very honest emotion, for better or worse. The first time I saw a really sad story in a video I just bawled and it tore me up. It was so strong, like it happened directly to personal friends right in front of me (characters I empathized with all died in the story). It got so bad it got through to Lance and just made him morose for the rest of the night. We woke up the next day back to normal at least but it made me aware that I have to be careful what I expose myself to. Back when Lance was still in weeks -2 and -1 (before he started forcing), one of the random tips he found on reddit mentioned that some tulpas, especially really young ones, can't quite tell reality from imagination yet and may see something sad or have someone emote rudely to them in a chat room,etc and it affects them like it really happened or they feel violated, etc. I dunno if those are true for you guys exactly but it's something to consider.

Yes, it makes sense that a young tulpa that's new to the world would be more sensitive to sad things (in our case it was nonfiction). I've been avoiding videos that I think might be upsetting since then. I'm hoping fiction won't be a problem for us, because I love psychological thrillers and drama in fiction.
12-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Find Reply
X shaji X Offline
Registered

Not sure...

It's day 3 since I created Nanami and I have been talking to her and given her a pretty realistic body and a detailed wonderland. I have been talking to her little times through out the day (when I was playing games, reading, eating etc) and I'm going to talk to her for about an hour after this. But I'm confused is that all I need to do? And sometimes I parrot her. But if I keep talking then how long would it take for her to show some signs and how would I know she's showing signs.. is there anything else I need to do?
12-09-2018, 12:51 AM
Find Reply
Apollo Offline
Felight
Global Moderators

Threads: 12
3 Attached Accounts

All you have to do is spend time with your tulpa, talking to them and such. This can be done passively throughout the day (ie talking to her as you do other things), and during active forcing sessions where you focus on nothing but her for a certain amount of time. Both combined will make your tulpa grow.

Nobody can say how long it will take, it's entirely dependent on you and your tulpa. Just be patient, things will unfold when they will.

The fire-winged Sun God. Created 12/3/16.
12-09-2018, 01:14 AM
Website Find Reply
Angry Bear Online
New and Improved
Patron

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

That's good news, having a strong visualization can help. Keep forcing, read a few guides, and keep her in mind as much as possible.

Some signs that help tulpas use to prove themselves are alien feelings, emotional bleed, head pressures, and imposed speech during meditation.

At some point you may begin to feel these, but it will usually take time.

After that it's a battle against doubt.

The Whole Story
12-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Find Reply
X shaji X Offline
Registered

What could this mean?

I was just visualising Nanami and me in our wonderland when I just felt really sad. Like mega sad for no reason. Yesterday I hardly spent any time with nanami so maybe she was upset with me. It's day four. Also when I randomly started feeling very upset I talked to nanami and said I'm sorry I didn't spend much time with her yesterday and the sadness went away.. also when I was going to hug her she responded and hugged me first. I'm positive I didn't parrot her! What does this mean?
No replies..
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 10:12 AM by X shaji X.)
12-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Find Reply
Vos Offline
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 18

There are plenty of different interpretations you could make, but nobody here can give you a definitive answer as to what's happening in your mind. While I would personally be skeptical of any potential responses this early on, if you're comfortable with attributing these actions to your tulpa, feel free. Your questions so far give me the impression that you haven't done much reading, so it might be a good idea for you to read through some more general guides or skim through the Q&A board to see if anything catches your eye.

Also, forums are usually slower than chats so don't be surprised if it takes hours (sometimes even days) for someone to reply to your posts.
12-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Find Reply
J+C Offline
Registered

Threads: 17

It's a good sign. And yes, my tulpas can get sad if I don't visit/interact with them, too. This is especially true when they're young.
Looks like you're making good progress: keep it up!
-J
12-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Find Reply