Hello There, Guest! Register

[General] Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas
Gryphon Flight Offline
and friends
Registered

Threads: 4

RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas
(04-03-2014, 11:26 PM)Kiahdaj Wrote: I have been considering changing it to be a standard black text on white background, but haven't gotten around to it. I plan to do it if and when I make a large edit to the guide, which I've been considering.
As for the italics, you mean the ones in the section headers? I don't see why that would be much of a bother--and there are not italics aside from those used for emphasis.

At any rate, the printer-friendly version that someone made (and is in the main post) is a pretty standard format.

Ouch, black on white is painful on the eyes. Dull colours are of my preference, but who am ?I to represent the community?

I like the idea of a poll as well.
04-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Find Reply
Argentum Offline
and Sara died
Registered

Threads: 10

If you are looking for a spanish translater than I will do it when the time comes.
04-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Find Reply
Marethyu Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

If I may, I would do the german translation^^

Kiahdaj Wrote:Sorry, as I say in the main post, I am not looking for translations right now.

Oh, sorry, must have read over that part^^'
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2014, 06:26 AM by Marethyu.)
08-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Find Reply
Kiah Offline
Sans giraffe
Forum Administrators

Threads: 31

Sorry, as I say in the main post, I am not looking for translations right now.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."
08-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Find Reply
TheDutchArtist Offline
TheDutchArtist || Dutchy
Registered

Threads: 0

This guide was very helpful, thank you!
02-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Find Reply
Kiah Offline
Sans giraffe
Forum Administrators

I've made a series of mostly insignificant edits. Largely correcting mistakes, or adding very slight clarifications.
This is the first time I've read over the entirety of this guide in probably over two years, and I was struck by how differently I feel about many things, these days, and how much of the guide I would have left out, if I were to have written it today. I was never fully content with how it turned out, but at this point, I don't stand behind it very much at all. I don't necessarily think there is anything harmful in there, but they no longer feel like my words, and I would have written it much differently.
However, rewriting the guide entirely, to fit my standards today is just too large of a project at the moment, and I wouldn't count on me doing that.

I am by no means saying that I am against the use of this guide, and I don't know whether there are comprehensive guides out today that I would personally consider to be better. I am glad that so many people have found it to be so useful, and I hope that they continue to.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."
08-08-2016, 12:43 AM
Find Reply
An Offline
­
Registered

Threads: 1

(08-08-2016, 12:43 AM)Kiahdaj Wrote: However, rewriting the guide entirely, to fit my standards today is just too large of a project at the moment, and I wouldn't count on me doing that.

What if you rewrote it as a short guide with room for interpretation?

"Cheer up, Harry. You'll get what's coming to ya." "That's what I'm afraid of."
08-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Find Reply
Kiah Offline
Sans giraffe
Forum Administrators

If I were to write a new one, it would be considerably shorter, but a large part of it would be the planning and pre-writing steps. That is the part that I am the most reluctant to do, at the moment. If I knew already exactly what I wanted to write, and how I would write it, I might just go ahead and do it.

08-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Find Reply
tulpa001 Online
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 20
All Accounts Posts: 1,527

"Your sight would be as detailed than it is in real life."

Grammar error in guide.

Host comments in italics. tulpa's log.
05-19-2017, 05:34 PM
Find Reply
Kiah Offline
Sans giraffe
Forum Administrators

(05-19-2017, 05:34 PM)tulpa001 Wrote: "Your sight would be as detailed than it is in real life."

Grammar error in guide.

Fixed. I'm surprised I never noticed that before in the other grammar edits.

05-20-2017, 01:35 AM
Find Reply