Should I Create a Tulpa?

I understand the title is vague and stupid looking, but I couldn't think of anything else.

So I'm going to begin with if this is in the wrong section please someone move this because I'm new here and I didn't know where to put this, and I don't want to break any rules already.

So, basically the story is I'm in high school (close to finishing it really) and I get lonely a lot. I have friends, quite a few actually, but a lot are busy with school work (I do all mine and still somehow have time... IDK really) and my parents both work jobs when I'm home so I can't talk to them much. I am an only child, so I don't have any siblings. So I was just bumming around the internet one day and found out about tulpas. They sounded like just what I need. Companions, ones that would stay with you, always. I would not make one for relationship purposes (Ex: A Girlfriend) but just someone to hang out with and game with occasionally. (Possession, and all) So I don't want to start one now (Important tests coming up) because I wouldn't have much time to force so I'm going to start one after the testing but until then I am researching Tulpas as much as possible so I do it right. However, during my studies on them I read something saying tulpas are just a form of schizophrenia. I don't want to give myself a mental illness, because that's just wrong. But, are they actually a form of it? Plus on top of that, if my parents were to ever find out I had a tulpa, they would not even listen to my explanations and just get me locked up in a psychiatric hospital.

tl;dr = I'm not sure if I should make a tulpa because some people say it's a form of schizophrenia and even if it's not if my parents found out I had a tulpa they would put me in psychiatric hospital in a heartbeat.

I have migrated accounts because I started using a new username for tulpa-related stuff.

New Account: NateAndTheTulpaTrio

One member just wrote this.

But in short, as long as you're mentally healthy then nothing will go wrong. If you already have a mental disorder then you might have some risks, but I couldn't tell you what those risks could potentially be.

They make great companions. I have some close friends myself, but I still love my tulpa as much as anyone.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Your reasoning is correct. You know the risks, and the responsibility required. I'm tempted to say "go make your tupper", but the parents are a factor. I suppose you could make one without your parents finding out, he would be in your head, so how would they know? Although there's the possibility of them catching you forcing. So you'd have to do it in a inconspicuous way.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

How do people even get caught forcing anyway?

I hear that so often but I never can imagine how it would go

"Jimmy what are you doing sitting up with your eyes closed!? You're not conjuring demons are you!?"

Eva: For the part on schizophrenia and tulpas, something I usually relate to is lucid dreaming in particular. Correlating lucid dreaming, like interacting with thought-forms in your natural sleep, as signs of schizophrenia isn’t really pragmatic to presume. Because with this logic, it would imply that we all would be bound to harbor this mental illness at some point. There’s debates on whether or not schizophrenia can only be an inherent thing you’re born with, and that you can’t trigger, or induce it, but of course, it wouldn’t necessarily be impossible.

It’s just when you’re correlating Schizophrenia to something like tulpas, it (schizophrenia) doesn’t really seem to have a sound framework in relation to etiology, i.e., the study of causation/origination. Of course, this is all speculation, so please don’t take my word for this, but this is a matter where you’ll have to weigh in anecdotal claims and experiential cases from others, and make your own justification on whether or not you want to do this.

In your situation, people may naturally say yes, since there can be an attribution to people who seem to have a daily lifestyle that’s a bit “unusual” than what people think is normal would more likely to create tulpas. And when it comes to finding ways to assess a tulpa’s existence in real life, it’s understandable that you’ll be fearful of these things, especially from your parents. Things like ostracism, discrimination, and just not feeling you’re fitted into the people you interact anymore is one of those challenging factors with the concept of tulpas. If you choose to do this, you’ll just have to go through self-learning at not making them so apparent to others.

However, and this isn’t to offend you in anyway whatsoever, but I highly doubt that your parents would be seeing clear distinctions of who you are compared to any thought-form you create. I mean, they do spend most of their time working, so it’s not like they have full exposure on who you really are. This could be a benefit on your end, because you can take that time to invest in developing a tulpa, and if you ever make the breakthroughs with communication with your tulpa, consider making compromises when it comes to how they and you express yourselves to others.

It should be obvious that you shouldn’t really state you have a tulpa, unless your parents are skilled at psychological related things to know if you’re not yourself. I don’t know, but based from the conjecture, they may be more fixated at work rather than going interrogation mode on you. As for creating a tulpa, no one can really force you not to make one, it’s really your decision.

Your initial reasons seems to be just for someone to talk to, which is understandable when you have to usually confine yourself to tasks alone. Just note that your feelings, desires, and such may change over time. It’s not really uncommon to see individuals and their tulpas have complete shifts in paradigms from time to time. There may be a lot of struggle into this, and part of it is just a trial and error thing, along with it being a progressive learning curve, but from my experience, I think it’s worth it if you can persevere.

But if it’s something where you may not want to have a thought-form after you’ve grown out of that lifestyle of being alone, and maybe start engaging with others more, you may not find it enticing to create one in the first place. Knowing how to assess your tulpa’s existence in your daily lifestyles that may be bound to change is always a challenge, and no one can really give you a play-by-play instruction of what to do, since circumstances can often make underlying concepts a bit naïve and impractical at times.

Whatever the case, maybe take into consideration of these circumstances, and anything others may state in this thread later on. But don’t let our words undermine your ability to act, we’re just trying to help you weigh in your options, so that you at least have some justification as to why you want to do this.

One member just wrote this.

But in short, as long as you're mentally healthy then nothing will go wrong. If you already have a mental disorder then you might have some risks, but I couldn't tell you what those risks could potentially be.

They make great companions. I have some close friends myself, but I still love my tulpa as much as anyone.

I do not have any mental ailments, so according to you I should be fine. Thanks for the quick response Bin.

So now I feel safer in creating one, but what if my parents were to find out? As soon as they hear me say "Something only I can see and hear" it's going to be psychologists and straitjackets with them. Should I just let them take me to a psychologist and have them explain it? Or is it something they wouldn't have knowledge of? Or should I just give up on making a tulpa until after I'm moved out? (Still at least a couple years away)

Edit: Sorry, posted this before I saw the other responses. (You guys are fast at this replying thing) It's not that I would be caught forcing, I can come up with at least 20 excuses about that. It's more the fact they might hear me talking to it aloud. I never really could see myself ONLY talking to it in this "mindvoice" and sometimes I just might forget only I hear it.

I have migrated accounts because I started using a new username for tulpa-related stuff.

I've had to develop a habit of communicating with them through mind-voice, and listening to them mix around with mind-voice, and auditory imposition.

But when we're alone, SCREAM to our heart's content. You'll just have to condition yourself on when to say something aloud vs. through mind-voice.

Yeah, you really don't even have a reason to tell them. I wouldn't tell anyone, and really only my friends know I have one. Psychiatrists don't know what tulpas are, they'll be much more concerned you have a mental disability. While tulpas are a delusion, they're controlled and self-induced, so it's completely safe.

I always talk using my mind's voice, it's very inconspicuous. Like Linkzelda said, when you're alone you can talk as loud as you want. If you don't want to use your mind's voice then just have the tulpa wait in your room or only show up in privet areas. If anyone catches you, just say you were talking to yourself. It's not like they'll even suspect anything else.

Really, this is no where near as risky as you think it is.

Thank you all for responding to this thread with such kindness, most people on the internet would see the part about me being in high school and just hate on me about being a kid. I feel much more confident in creating a tulpa now. I'm sure somehow, some way if I were to ever be caught by my parents I'll be able to come up with an excuse to get out of it. I was also thinking about getting a bluetooth earpiece so if I were talking to my tulpa, noone would notice I was and think I'm just talking to someone on the earpiece. As long as I didn't use it's name, of course. (The name I'm planning on using would raise eyebrows even with the earpiece.)

Thank you all for responding to this thread with such kindness, most people on the internet would see the part about me being in high school and just hate on me about being a kid. I feel much more confident in creating a tulpa now. I'm sure somehow, some way if I were to ever be caught by my parents I'll be able to come up with an excuse to get out of it. I was also thinking about getting a bluetooth earpiece so if I were talking to my tulpa, noone would notice I was and think I'm just talking to someone on the earpiece. As long as I didn't use it's name, of course. (The name I'm planning on using would raise eyebrows even with the earpiece.)

I've heard someone around here give the bluetooth earpiece suggestion before (maybe it was a guide or something). Just, one additional thing to be careful of, if you do that. If you do it a lot, your parents might start to get worried about the phone bill and then when it comes back rather low, they will start to get curious. If they check the call logs (its not hard to get them for those paying the bill), they will get really suspicious. Though, if they are not very observant in these regards, you wouldn't need to worry so long as you had a headset that didn't have a light indicating you are in a call or not.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.