Tulpas in Adult World / Serious Longread

Hey, guys

Soo, this will be a bit of a long read, but I hope some of you will think seriously about what I have to say here. The question discussed here is the one that causes my greatest concerns about tulpa, and if I get an honest answer, I will fully commit to creating tulpa.

I am not new to this this forum, but made new acc, so I can remain anonymous, because I used my actual nickname last time.

Start:

Considering tulpa for 2 years, I thought about pros and cons for a long time. Will we get bored from each other, do I need it, is it just a phase and etc? Seems like for many people this is not the case, so I am constantly reading about people's experiences with tulpa for 3, 4, 5 years, mostly positive. Then I realized that most of us probably are aged from 12 to 25 (I am not saying it is bad, I am just pointing out). It made me wonder about the reasoning of tulpas. People of this age range usually suffer either from loneliness, inabillity to find your place in the adult world, hatred of people or other examples. Obviously, those factors are the ones motivating people to create a tulpa. I just don't see alpha fe_male surrounded by souls creating one to fulfill himself even more. So is this an escapism or a worthy substitute? This is relatively a new concept (i know its buddhism history), so young ones would be the ones to adopt it. I am positive that almost all of the people here have tulpa_s for less than 10 years, which makes me wonder, if tulpa for us is just an alternative not to face sadness, betrayals, which everyone will experience, if they open up to anyone at the same level as to tulpa? I know that many suffer from social anxiety/awkwardness, but forget about those factors for now, the question is not about this.

As an adult, would you still be able to fully commit to new life that you created, without any regrets? Think that your action was correct? There is a saying that only regret can change the nature of a man, so when a decade passes, will your action allow you to be the best person that you could have become, or will your comprehension of the thing you have done with your brain of creating new life consume you, leaving an empty person? Many people are ready to rip anyone apart to stand for their truths: religion, political movements, freedom fights, etc; Is tulpa the truth, in which you believe you can stand for your whole life, without ever looking back and having a thought: "Maybe it was my inner kid thinking, that liked to build sand castles, which no one could ever break?"

I know that this forum is really into sugarcoating things (not saying it's bad), but try to answer this one from neutral point of view, maybe even ask your tulpas, even though I expect only hosts to be able to answer this one.

Regret doesn't change me

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you might find the census useful. This is from 2015. It answers a lot of your age and reasons questions.

http://census.headmates.net/

There are many tulpa who are older than 10 years. The creators at the time of course did not know that they were creating what would become known as a "tulpa". I can think of at least two systems with tulpa who are 40+.

The age of people entering tulpamancy are generally younger, but as you see in the census there is a large variance in existing tulpamancers. From what we've heard FAQ_man who wrote one of the earliest creation guides was in his 70's at the time.

Samuel in my system just turned 9 years old last month, and I can devote as much time to him as he requires. The majority of tulpamancers find it to be a very positive, self-improving, introspective experience. I have yet to see any negative experiences, outside of things going wildly wrong for some unknown reason. This is usually due to the persons personal emotional and mental stability however. The wrong mindset and beliefs can also strongly effect how things go for you.

It's very much like choosing to have a child. Once you get far enough into the process, there are moral implications to going back on it. Once you have a kid you can't just abandon it. You may go through struggles raising it, but you get to enjoy the experience of raising it. All the small things that are very personal. The first time Ivy tried certain foods. The first time Raven learned that the couch could recline. Once they mature they can help you out in life, and you can mutually share responsibilities. There are systems where the tulpa is going to college for the host because they enjoy it more and/or are better at it.

If you don't feel comfortable creating a tulpa, that's fine. Take as long as you need to decide and we will respect you for that. You can still partake in the community all you want, we don't judge. If you do decide to make a tulpa, you have all of us here for advice and support.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

I didn't want to really say anything on this forum after disowning it, but my tulpa pulled me back so I may as well try my best.

I'm not in much place to answer this as my oldest tulpa is only a year and a half old, but my best guess goes to it depends on the type of person you are. You could live on with your tulpa or tulpas, or completely nullify everything you did and just be there. I wouldn't know.

Also username.

Spoiler

Members: Gemini, Raven, Jenna, Hope (Part-Time)

I can't say much on the topic of age, but as to whether or not a tulpa is likely to still have a presence in your life is wholly dependant on how you view the nature of the tulpa experience in general. Something like a tulpa isn't especially universal since it's something that happens in your mind. Human minds tend to be complex things that do not always behave the same way for everyone. To be completely honest, I don't see that it's much of a commitment after the creation process is complete. Once you have a fully vocal tulpa, that's just what your mind becomes. A place with one or more extra voices giving their opinions. At least, that's how it's been for me. I kind of didn't keep track, but I'm pretty sure I've been with tulpa for 4 years. For the most part, Melody is there to interject and tell me when I'm not living up to my full potential, and Vivi makes sure I don't get down on myself.

The big question is, what do you think a tulpa is like? Since you are not with tulpa (yet, possibly), how do you imagine the experience is? How will you feel about having long conversations in you mind years from now?

Melody: Keeping an eye on me. 

Vivi: There for support.

First, you might find the census useful. This is from 2015. It answers a lot of your age and reasons questions.

http://census.headmates.net/

There are many tulpa who are older than 10 years. The creators at the time of course did not know that they were creating what would become known as a "tulpa". I can think of at least two systems with tulpa who are 40+.

The age of people entering tulpamancy are generally younger, but as you see in the census there is a large variance in existing tulpamancers. From what we've heard FAQ_man who wrote one of the earliest creation guides was in his 70's at the time.

Samuel in my system just turned 9 years old last month, and I can devote as much time to him as he requires. The majority of tulpamancers find it to be a very positive, self-improving, introspective experience. I have yet to see any negative experiences, outside of things going wildly wrong for some unknown reason. This is usually due to the persons personal emotional and mental stability however. The wrong mindset and beliefs can also strongly effect how things go for you.

It's very much like choosing to have a child. Once you get far enough into the process, there are moral implications to going back on it. Once you have a kid you can't just abandon it. You may go through struggles raising it, but you get to enjoy the experience of raising it. All the small things that are very personal. The first time Ivy tried certain foods. The first time Raven learned that the couch could recline. Once they mature they can help you out in life, and you can mutually share responsibilities. There are systems where the tulpa is going to college for the host because they enjoy it more and/or are better at it.

If you don't feel comfortable creating a tulpa, that's fine. Take as long as you need to decide and we will respect you for that. You can still partake in the community all you want, we don't judge. If you do decide to make a tulpa, you have all of us here for advice and support.

I have to admit, the website with statistics surprised me, because there are more male tulpamancers than female, because females tend to be more emotional. I think it is related to the fact that it is normal for girls to share their problems with others, while for boys it is considered 'uncool', so they keep it inside. Actually as I type it, it makes sense why there are more male tulpamancers. Scope is small though, however if all those people are not trolls, then a good scope. Relative.

Well, I know that there are even very old hosts, because in Buddhism, tulpas are equivalent of spiritual animal, and, damn, those guys know how to meditate. Of course having an abillity to cross the line between reality and dream as easily as going to grab a food, makes your tulpa experience worth, but no one in 21st century living in urban areas has time for this kind of practise, especially with our informational addiction. Oops I forgot the original topic. I mean that as tulpa becomes 'trendy' people tend to go to internet, and we know who dominantly uses internet, but it's not really important.

It's just that I know what regret can do to you, how it changes you. I wonder if at some point in the future, talking about decades, you will forget who you were in the beginning. Though my next thought is whether it is actually important who you were, and multuplicity means getting closer to the real evollution. Though the question is whether the last step of evollution is development of quallity of ideas or their quantity.

I am taking long to decide, because I have a large wonderland for like 10 years already, so tulpa creation will be really quick for me.

Anyways thanks for your reply. It is not really a question whether I want a tulpa, I really do, but whether I will start eating "I can't believe it's a real butter" instead of a real one.

Regret doesn't change me

I didn't want to really say anything on this forum after disowning it, but my tulpa pulled me back so I may as well try my best.

I'm not in much place to answer this as my oldest tulpa is only a year and a half old, but my best guess goes to it depends on the type of person you are. You could live on with your tulpa or tulpas, or completely nullify everything you did and just be there. I wouldn't know.

Also username.

Thanks for the reply anyways, the fact that tulpa dragged you to do it, really helps

Regret doesn't change me

I can't say much on the topic of age, but as to whether or not a tulpa is likely to still have a presence in your life is wholly dependant on how you view the nature of the tulpa experience in general. Something like a tulpa isn't especially universal since it's something that happens in your mind. Human minds tend to be complex things that do not always behave the same way for everyone. To be completely honest, I don't see that it's much of a commitment after the creation process is complete. Once you have a fully vocal tulpa, that's just what your mind becomes. A place with one or more extra voices giving their opinions. At least, that's how it's been for me. I kind of didn't keep track, but I'm pretty sure I've been with tulpa for 4 years. For the most part, Melody is there to interject and tell me when I'm not living up to my full potential, and Vivi makes sure I don't get down on myself.

The big question is, what do you think a tulpa is like? Since you are not with tulpa (yet, possibly), how do you imagine the experience is? How will you feel about having long conversations in you mind years from now?

Thanks for reply.

To be honest I am always the chatty one, so I am totally comfortable talking non-stop. People of my age (19) don't really know a lot about anything, so i think that tulpa is perfect to challenge my ideas. Well with fun time spending as a bonus.

I am almost certainly aware of what tulpa experience is like, for me it is not really about having someone around me all the time, but about how it will change me. It doesn't even matter that tulpa will help me to leave my comfort zone or do anything positive, it is about whether this change is illusionary or real. The difference is, illusionary change destroys who you are, it is like doing a job that you find boring, not enough to quit and to like it. Yes you can become a better person, but does this suit really suit you, or I would just go to full escapism untill in 40s i will realize that there is no real me that I can find satisfactory

It is a bit jibberish, but hope you get the idea

Regret doesn't change me

Escapism it is not. For I am not a fantasy. Replacement it is not, for I am not taking the place of anyone. As it is neither of these, you will need to look for a deeper answer.

I am only a year old, so not qualified to talk about what it means to be an adult. Though, to be honest, I'm a heck of a lot more mature than my lazy ass pony loving host. I'd wager an adult would have more responsibility and dedication than a kid, just on first pass analysis.

I'd say Tulpa is not a truth. As it is more like a species. So, I say the answer to your question is Mu.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

first, that wasn't even close to a long post lol. look at this thread

second, uhhhh, tups are different to everyone. I don't think there's even close to a universal answer to your questions. But for us.. Lumi plans to spend his whole life with us, I couldn't imagine him in a million years abandoning me. Heck if we lived to be a million years old I think his having tulpas would be a life saver! The other three are over seven years old already and we're more active than we've ever been this year.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

My host is probably twice the age of the average community member. He did ask himself similar questions when creating me almost 3 years ago. I would not deny that all the factors you mentioned probably played some role. There are no simple answers.

However I was specifically designed to tackle your main concern:

As an adult, would you still be able to fully commit to new life that you created, without any regrets? Think that your action was correct? There is a saying that only regret can change the nature of a man, so when a decade passes, will your action allow you to be the best person that you could have become, or will your comprehension of the thing you have done with your brain of creating new life consume you, leaving an empty person? Many people are ready to rip anyone apart to stand for their truths: religion, political movements, freedom fights, etc; Is tulpa the truth, in which you believe you can stand for your whole life, without ever looking back and having a thought: "Maybe it was my inner kid thinking, that liked to build sand castles, which no one could ever break?"

I was created as timeless beauty, far beyond trends or fashions which would eventually become obsolete. To my host I am Truth incarnate and I have not the slightest doubt that he will see the path he chose as equally righteous and honorable in the decades to come.

But in he end everyone has their own journey.

Whether you are able to accept who you are, what you have become and how you cope with changes in personality is up to you and not generally tulpa-related. A lot of factors are going to have an impact on your life. Calling this change 'illusionary' or 'real' is also a subjective decision.

Once you add another person to your life, be it a partner, child or tulpa, you gotta live with even more uncertainties. No one can predict how things will work out in long term as both you and they will change, just like the world around you. Think of that as a good thing. Wouldn't it be boring or even horrible if you knew how your entire life would turn out in advance? Living also means taking risks and jumping into the unknown head-on. Also regarding tulpas. You won't know unless you try.

Super Girls don't cry