Hello There, Guest! Register

[General] What did the guides not tell you/prepare you for?
Reilyn-Alley Offline
Aurora-Alley's Kōhai
Patron

Threads: 2
1 Attached Account

RE: What did the guides not tell you/prepare you for?

Just from my personal perspective I'd like to comment just how variable and random the pace of new skills/experience can be. Early vocality? Sweet. Early possession? Stuck hard enough in some kind of strange possession/eclipsing thing that we just gave up trying to describe and called it co-fronting. double sweet. Grinding away for two months with nothing to show for it in any other area... Ehhh.... What happened? Unrealistic achievements, while rare (otherwise they would hardly be unrealistic) can result in a very distorted view of how tough this stuff can actually be, how long it can actually take.

We keep trying to get a grasp on different paradigms to approach switching, impositions and synthesizing senses in wonderland (besides a little imagery) and we have found it to be exceedingly difficult to us. We have "meh" talent in these areas and the skills are developing at a snails pace. Yeah, I could talk early but what's that doing for me now except breaking the illusion I had? That growth and progress are really the other lifelong commitment in tulpamancy and everyone really progresses in their own ways at their own paces.

We are actually digging around places into old guides and talking to systems that have been around tons more than us and considering how a carefully crafted servitor might be able to help in any of the areas we lack, but that's yet another brand new discipline, so to speak, that we are considering dividing our attention to.

Aurora-Alley, my precious Senpai. I'm all hers!
Samantha-Alley, my Mama!
My PR page
01-04-2019, 02:34 AM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 10
Linked Accounts

Yes, paratulpamancy, types of thoughtforms, spectrums of possession vs switching, these are the 'advanced' topics that belong in an 'upper-division' guide. This guide should only reference beginning guides and not try to be all inclusive,  otherwise the wrong audience may start reading it and only get confused.

[The Bear System] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 03:34 PM by Angry Bear.)
01-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Find Reply
YukariTelepath Offline
Perpetual Procrastinator
Registered

Threads: 1
1 Attached Account

What I wasn't prepared for... what it's like when progress is slow. Sometimes in a span of a few days, I get maybe one tulpa related response. It felt like nothing was happening. It can feel pretty discouraging even though I try to be level-headed about things. I just had to be patient (and continue to be now). Keeping a journal really helped to see that things were happening.
01-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 10
Linked Accounts

A progress report or journal is amazing if you're disciplined enough to follow through daily, and write at least one sentence religiously every day.

[The Bear System] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 10:52 PM by Angry Bear.)
01-04-2019, 10:52 PM
Find Reply
Dreamer13 Offline
Dreamer-chan
Registered

Threads: 6

A lot of things. Possession, imposistion, tell-tale signs.

Dreamer&Limme

An Aspie System
02-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Find Reply