GodBless

CherylMatt

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Nice poem or song lyrics.  

Can you elaborate on why you think half the guides should be cancelled?

EDIT:  THIS IS NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITE THREADS IN THE LOUNGE!  I LOVE THE DAMN TITLE!

I find it interesting that you said only half of them. I honestly can't imagine why then, unless "half" was a generalization to mean most.

Your life is as much of an illusion as anyone else's. Tulpamancy is no more fooling yourself than finding approval from friends and family is, or finding meaning in your life. It's all just stuff we made up and pretend has meaning in the end. Don't pretend it's not.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Your life is as much of an illusion as anyone else's. Tulpamancy is no more fooling yourself than finding approval from friends and family is, or finding meaning in your life. It's all just stuff we made up and pretend has meaning in the end. Don't pretend it's not.

I love these guys that appear every so often to spout about how they have greater understanding than the rest of us of the deep mysteries surrounding true and correct tulpamancy, and then vanish again to the noncontributing, elitist void from which they came.  It must be some higher plain of intellectual existence up there where these types go to live after their vaguely condescending remarks. 

This person should start a Discord group and heavily screen those who seek to join.  It really is the best way to be an elitist when you think about it, total control of who gets the secret membership handshake and password.  

Yes there are tulpamancy elitists and they are generally pretty idiotic and ridiculous looking to me.  

I agree that tulpamancy is a lot of pretending, I have said that from day one, much to everyone's chagrin.

My claims of "pretending" as in believing in illusion go a heck of a lot further than tulpamancy. Believing anything about tulpamancy is fake 99% of the time means you believe the rest of your life is not. It is. Humans apply symbolism to the world around them constantly, giving meaning where there is none. It can be really productive for us as a society to think that way, but in the end it's still just "because we said so" and not "because it is". Unless you're heavily religious I guess, your life has no meaning except what you and others give it. Choosing to believe in such things is just as "illusion" as tulpamancy.

I'm not saying tulpamancy is pretending or an illusion outside of that comparison. That's a flaw in logic. I just don't like seeing people insist on their delusions as reality (while also insisting someone else's reality is delusion).

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

I know what you are saying and kinda sorta not all the way agree with you.  There is such a thing as deluding yourself and flat out pretending.  I don't believe that 99% of the real world is an illusion.  Tulpamancy is in the mind, the real world is not.  The real world is tangible.  If I don't work I don't eat and if I don't eat, I starve.  If I don't pay my bills I will end up on the street.  That's not an illusion.  When my wife got cancer, that was real world.  That mattered.  Tulpamancy does not matter to me like that.  When it comes to when the real world things are going down, what is real is what matters.  Not this internet tomfoolery hippie smoking wacky weed bullshit.  

Tulpamancy begins with wanting to spend time dreaming about making an imaginary friend into what seems to be a persistent voice in your head and a persistent illusion.  It involves convincing yourself of things, things that are not tangibly real.  In most cases I can imagine it won't help you put food on the table or pay your rent.  You only have one body so people spare me the talk about your tulpa switching and having a second job or something to "make a difference in the world."  It is still one person having a second job.  

Then there are these ridiculous people who think tulpamancy has made them somehow extra special.  That's nice as long as they feel extra special to themselves.  The minute their imaginary friend starts to make them feel they are somehow bigger than others they are pretty much becoming a delusional idiot to me.  

Are half the guides wrong?  Is everybody here "doing it wrong?"  I don't fucking care!  It is an internet fad at its core and not that much different than other kooky pseudo-science wonders you can find out there.  There is no doing it wrong or doing it right.  The OP is on drugs.

I tried to say "reality" and not "world" is illusion as best I could. No, the definition of illusion wouldn't imply the physical world is illusion, probably. But your perception of it sure as heck can be. I'm not talking about things, I'm talking about how you think of them. The meaning that you apply to everything, from words and interactions to art and philosophy, is not objective. It doesn't exist if you don't; meaning is man-made. So when people go around 'pretending' all of that stuff is 'real', but then tell us tulpamancy is 'not real' or 'just pretending', from my perspective that's just stupid. Get it? Basically everything involving thought and not just physical existence is subjective, because experiencing itself is subjective. When people say things like this aren't real, what they mean is it's not what society generally prefers to consider 'real'. But implying that matters is ignorant, in this case anyway. Unless it's harming someone, and especially not if it's benefiting them, there's no reason to try and enforce those beliefs.

Not to say I live above that subjective filter. But I acknowledge that my beliefs and experiences are subjective and that from a higher perspective what I'm experiencing is a lot less full-of-meaning than I think it is. And I respect others' all sorts of levels of belief and immersion in those beliefs, from atheistic scientists to soulbonders dealing with other dimensions. It's when any level starts calling another level wrong, without acknowledging theirs being the same, that I have a problem.

Those "realist" scientists should understand this however. Studying things like sociology and psychology gives you a higher perspective that's almost dehumanizing, and you have to make a conscious choice on how immersed in the meaning in life you want to be. So they shouldn't be flaunting being higher up in the subjectivity-objectivity-chain if they understand what that means in the first place. That means, allowing people to believe as they will. Depending on your morals, up until a certain level of it seemingly harming them.

I agree that tulpamancy is a lot of pretending, I have said that from day one, much to everyone's chagrin.

Here we go again. I thought you said you were done with this.

In most cases I can imagine it won't help you put food on the table or pay your rent.  You only have one body so people spare me the talk about your tulpa switching and having a second job or something to "make a difference in the world."  It is still one person having a second job.  

Isn't helping the host out with their job by switching or possessing (hell, even giving advice) helping to pay rent and put food on the table? Explain how it's not helpful. Please. I'd love to hear that one.

Niteo and Amber Take On the World

Amber speaks in italics right now.

Talk to Niteo on here or on discord

We share the body, we share a life. I'm not an accessory to his life...

Guest Anonymous

All of that is great Luminesce. I don't disagree that our own beliefs about things change how we act. But some things really matter and don't change no matter what believe. There are things that are physically there and will crush you and kill you, no matter what you think about them.

What I am really reacting to is the main point of this thread. Here is yet another idiotic case of one tulpamancer pointing fingers at others in some condescending and snobbish way.

IT'S...FUCKING... STUPID! IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN STUPID!

It has been my main issue with all of this place the very beginning. Can't people see how idiotic that looks? This has to be a moronic troll but I have a sinking feeling it is not just a troll but some pea brain thinking he has all the answers to super advanced imaginary friends, but he isn't going to share his incredible secret. He will only mock those who are obviously stupider because they are ignorant of true tulpa wisdom.

It's laughable and asinine. If you are going to be like that, it would be better to be like that about something that REALLY MATTERS for something.

Isn't helping the host out with their job by switching or possessing (hell, even giving advice) helping to pay rent and put food on the table? Explain how it's not helpful.

Tewi is making a huge difference in my life doing what I could not (I tried for seven years). If I didn't acknowledge her as her own person and tried to "be her" myself, I would still have failed. Trust me, I tried, but she's better than me. So it's my belief in that illusion that enabled me to make a real difference in my life. And because this is hindsight, no, I was not telling myself it was impossible for me but possible for her. All of them were trying to help me for years before we ever switched, and another year still before Tewi actually started switching to help me with stuff.