Hello There, Guest! Register

Guide Drafts, Revision, and Peer Review
Cat_ShadowGriffin Offline
Gray the Cat-Griff
Registered

Threads: 26
1 Attached Account

Guide Drafts, Revision, and Peer Review

Overall, I'm confused how the submissions process works to the larger extent and I think my understanding of it is flawed.

My understanding of the process is the following: First, a user writes a guide. Once the author is happy with their draft, they put it under submissions. Next, the GAT and other people look at the draft and leave comments or their approval/disapproval. If the guide is approved, then a new guide was created. If not, then the author still has a chance to fix the mistakes pointed out by the GAT or else the guide will sit around in submissions and be forgotten.

When thinking about this process in practice, I have questions and probably some misunderstanding. 
  • When the author is "happy with their draft", how good of a final draft should it be? Does it need to be peer reviewed first? If so, what is the best way to do that on the forums? How rough of a draft can a "final draft" be?
  • Suppose a guide is dissaproved and the author takes the feedback and fixes the guide. Do all of the GAT members have to re-vote? Is there a limit to how many times the GAT can review a guide?
As of right now, I have a working rough draft of a guide I'm thinking about submitting, but I want to make sure it is peer reviewed because I am still a really new member having only been around for 8-ish months or so. If anything, I want to make sure I'm getting the right ideas down before making a well revised final draft. However, because it's a working rough draft, I don't want the GAT to vote on it yet. While I would appreciate GAT members reviewing my work early on, I don't want them to feel like they read my essay too many times before finally seeing it under submissions.

Pretty much my Wonderland form minus the glasses and the fur. I'm not a hippo, I promise.
Ranger now speaks in light blue text, but some of his older posts are in blue text and his oldest posts are in orange text.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 01:39 PM by Cat_ShadowGriffin.)
10-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to