Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Did you tell your parents about your tulpa?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No and I'm not planning to do it.
76.06%
143 76.06%
No but I'm planning to do it.
9.57%
18 9.57%
Yes. (Please report their reaction)
14.36%
27 14.36%
Total 188 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Have you told your parents?
Ranger Offline
~Hippoooos!~
Forum Moderators

Threads: 22
1 Attached Account

RE: Have you told your parents?

Oh, quick update- Cat's parents now know I am myself when I speak and things have been interesting. I think they're starting to get used to my presence.

I'm Cat_ShadowGriffin's Tulpa and I like Hippos! I also like forum games, word puzzles, and chatting about stuff.
Log | Chat | Yay!
05-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

IceCreeper909 Offline
Nobody but Somebody
Registered

Threads: 17
1 Attached Account

So, my family? Hell no -- They'd make it out to be demon possession, despite my tulpas pushing me more towards Christ. My school, however? I joke about the "voices in my head" sometimes, and I've told a couple of people about tulpamancy, but they think I'm lying. If I went full-on about it? Well, for one, that'd be... interesting. Secondly, word would get around to the faculty, and in case you don't know, I'm already a student of interest as far as they're concerned, so this would certainly rouse them. Not only that, but my counselor tells everything to my parents(Even when I tell her not to), so that'd cause a shit ton of personal problems. Even so, it'd be interesting... I might tell my school and be open about it. After we master switching, I'll be open about it!!

The name's Bryan! In system Nobody(In order of the rainbow): 
Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, 
Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, and Zachery. 
I guess I have to talk... I practice Tulpamancy and Psionics, PM me for stuff related to that. I love Puyo Puyo(Look it up!). I exist and I like it like that. PM me for a random essay topic, or somethin'. 
05-16-2019, 04:57 AM
Website Find Reply
Flandre Offline
Lucent Qualia
Registered

Threads: 0
Linked Accounts

Telling people without the opportunity to explain more in-depth before they've made their judgement will only end in disaster. Best only to tell people you're able to judge the character and likely responses of first.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.
I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.
Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
05-16-2019, 05:13 AM
Find Reply
Dashie Bear Offline
Strategic Switcher
Registered

Threads: 1
Linked Accounts

(05-16-2019, 05:13 AM)Flandre Wrote: Telling people without the opportunity to explain more in-depth before they've made their judgement will only end in disaster. Best only to tell people you're able to judge the character and likely responses of first.

Step 1, be Ice as usual.

Step 2, consequences.

I'm not sure some people think past step 1. I think a more mild word for them would be 'impulsive'.

My amazing family story
<profile pic>
[Bear Chat]

05-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Find Reply
IceCreeper909 Offline
Nobody but Somebody
Registered

Threads: 17
1 Attached Account

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I'm impulsive, whatever.

The name's Bryan! In system Nobody(In order of the rainbow): 
Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, 
Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, and Zachery. 
I guess I have to talk... I practice Tulpamancy and Psionics, PM me for stuff related to that. I love Puyo Puyo(Look it up!). I exist and I like it like that. PM me for a random essay topic, or somethin'. 
05-16-2019, 10:47 PM
Website Find Reply
FeatherFalls Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

[Seth] Oh good heavens. No. They'll either assume we're faking it for attention, think we're crazy, or just ignore it. We're perfectly fine with them not knowing about the majority of us. We don't have the best relationship with them in the first place, anyways.

However, we are out to a few of our real life friends, and the vast majority of our internet friends. They mostly accept us. Some of them have trouble grasping the concept, but we don't come out to anyone who we do not deem safe. We tend to be less cautious online than offline, though.

Hi! We're the FeatherFalls system. Consisting of Parda (host), Jay, Seth, Quote, Nitro, Alex, Leona and Rachel.
We're kinda new as far as this forum goes. Bear with us here!
05-18-2019, 07:13 PM
Find Reply
Michen_S Online
Registered

Threads: 0

I'm fairly sure talking about tulpas to them is not a good idea. Them being Christian, I'm not sure how it'll end up. The biggest joke about this is that Amantha has even helped me out in religious matters, and even more commonly so in spiritual ones. I usually end up referring to Amantha as either just a part of me or as a voice inside of my head. Depends on the situation. I'm only open about her around some open-minded people I know well and a few online communities that are already familiar with tulpas.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa
05-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Find Reply
LittlePebble Offline
Registered

Threads: 16
3 Attached Accounts

I hope you guys forgive me for vanishing when college went down hill. Long story short I am switching to technical school. Anyway my parents knew for a long time. As a matter of fact back in 2008 when I forged Seria I don't think tulpamancy was a thing. I can't remember how they found out. Whether I told them or they found out by snooping. I remember my mother stole my diary of private conversations with my Seria. Took me a really long time to get over it. They eventually grew accustomed to it.
After I moved out of my parents house I did not really tell anyone unless I knew I could trust them. About two years ago when I decided to find out what Tulpas were I decided to call my imaginary realm a wonderland and likewise called my thought forms Tulpas. I also decided on coming out to my friends and family about it. I was sick and tired of being isolated by it all. You can read all about it in my blog series "Imaginative heart. My blog should be linked in my signature. It explains everything from the very beginning to the point where I began to have suicidal thoughts. When I think about it, I owe Tulpa dot info for getting me through those dark moments in my life. I know it sounds crazy but, I am so glad I opened up on Face book because now I know who my true friends are. I am no longer isolated. I am still learning to live with these emotional scars but, I am free.

(Public Diary)(Deviant Art) (FathemisticFantasy)
05-21-2019, 04:06 AM
Find Reply