Have you told your parents?

Guest Anonymous

Did you tell your parents about your tulpa?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Did you tell your parents about your tulpa?

• No and I'm not planning to do it.
    • No but I'm planning to do it.
    • Yes. (Please report their reaction)

Guest Anonymous

Since Greenie asked how he would proceed to tell his parents about his tulpa, and we all agree to either not do it or approach the subject in a very cautious matter, how many of you told your parents or plan on telling them?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case i can just as well commit suicide. But it'll be a lot less painful.

I think that if your parents aren't open-minded (and 99.9999% aren't) you better just keep it a secret.

現実に抗え!

Guest Anonymous

I think we already had a thread on this, but none of my parents know.

Been a thread, but it's nice to open it up again.

I want to tell my mum, never my dad, but I don't know how I'd do it.

I'd probably tell her she was an accident or whatever...

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

Hahahaha. Oh man. No.

Once my mom talked about how she talked to god a lot as a kid and I asked her if she ever got an answer. I think she got really defensive there, but it could either be because I was implying she's a nutcase just for talking to this god of hers in case she started hearing things even if she didn't, or that she actually did. She said no though.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest Anonymous

I didn't find a thread like this, specifically about parents, so I started this.

Maybe it got deleted?

Guest Anonymous

I've told my mother. My father is far too arrogant and if he were to find out he'd get me exorcised.

The only reason I had told my mother is because it was directly after a time when psychosis was giving me love kisses. I felt she needed to know what was happening inside my head and so I spilled out quite a bit, including my tulpa. Her initial response was "So, do you share time in control 60-40, or more towards 90-10?".

Needless to say, it didn't go over well. I had to slowly convince her that we couldn't switch like that (Never mentioning that we might be able to in the future) and had to get her to realize my tulpa is a good thing and not some possessive demon. After the psychiatrist, I showed her tulpa.info and her first question was: "There's hallucinations! Didn't that concern you?"

Gah.

It's very, very awkward and I can only suggest against telling family about tulpas. My mother has never brought the subject up since I showed her the site and I just assume she's blocked it out. It's not worth it.

Yes, I actually mentioned it to my mother, before starting.

She's an open-minded person, so she was okay with the idea.

She said that if it didn't require much effort, she might make one herself.

I'd never think of telling my father, though; as much as he could use one.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

I started to think that nobody ever got a better response than "you're nuts".

Great to hear that ^^

Sadly I'm not connected to my mother really that much anymore, even though I still live at her house. I coudn't care less if she did or didn't. Maybe one day I could print out a couple good articles on tulpas for her to read if I ever became remotely interested.

[He's just crabby that he's posting this while he's about to embark on a walk back home from school campus (it's really chilly outside.)]

Name: Luna (Used to be "Dashie")

Birthday: Jan 29, 2013

Form: Rainbow Dash

Stage: Imposition/Visualization/Voice