Health Benefits

solarchariot

Has anyone (primarily directed at the host) had any measurable improved health due to Tulpamancy. Specifically, physical... I am interested in improved mental health outcomes, too, but that seems to be readily available.

So, for example, maybe host felt better (mental health,) but because they felt better they stated exercising, and actually lost weight or cholesterol went down... Or maybe if you had high blood pressure, now it's normalized...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learning tulpamancy has helped me learn to dissociate from pain. So when I’m sick or have an injury, Cilsc symbolically “tones down” the sensations and I feel a bit better temporarily.

We’re also playing around with possession, which is super useful for doing things that I should do but can’t bring myself to (getting out of bed, making a hot drink, turning off our phone, staying still so we can fall asleep, flossing, the list goes on...).

Cilsc tends to have way more respect than me for the body in general. It’s really obvious when we switch but I think there are really tiny positive effects everywhere.

Sorry, none of this is measurable. I’m just super grateful so I thought I might put it out here.

Are you thinking of making a tulpa?

Are we talking natural benefits that somehow just come with having tulpas, or are we including tulpas being proactive and for example getting their host to change their diet or exercise more?

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Specifically, physical... I am interested in improved mental health outcomes, too, but that seems to be readily available.

You'll find the 2 are not as easily isolated as you'd think. Mental health benefits can, in themselves, cause physical health benefits sometimes (and vice-versa). Also, Ilsze just gave me an idea for a potential study one could do that'd probably be quite useful to this community: a correlational study between some health statistics such as blood pressure, and the presence (or absense) of tulpa(s).

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

You'll find the 2 are not as easily isolated as you'd think. Mental health benefits can, in themselves, cause physical health benefits sometimes (and vice-versa). Also, Ilsze just gave me an idea for a potential study one could do that'd probably be quite useful to this community: a correlational study between some health statistics such as blood pressure, and the presence (or absense) of tulpa(s).

That's exactly what i was thinking! And yes, I agree, it is really difficult to separate to sort physical and mental. I do tend to fall into the holistic, mind/body camp... I am still trying to think this through, hoping lots of folks chime in...

Are we talking natural benefits that somehow just come with having tulpas, or are we including tulpas being proactive and for example getting their host to change their diet or exercise more?

Maybe I should open it up to a continuum, but yes, i was first trying to isolate natural benefits.

Just as it may be impossible to separate improved mental health from affecting physical health, it may be equally challenge to determine a natural benefit, from a tulpa influencing positive change...

Learning tulpamancy has helped me learn to dissociate from pain. So when I’m sick or have an injury, Cilsc symbolically “tones down” the sensations and I feel a bit better temporarily.

We’re also playing around with possession, which is super useful for doing things that I should do but can’t bring myself to (getting out of bed, making a hot drink, turning off our phone, staying still so we can fall asleep, flossing, the list goes on...).

Cilsc tends to have way more respect than me for the body in general. It’s really obvious when we switch but I think there are really tiny positive effects everywhere.

Sorry, none of this is measurable. I’m just super grateful so I thought I might put it out here.

Are you thinking of making a tulpa?

Your reports is amazing. It is something I have speculated on, but not yet experienced... So, Ilsze, I have a tulpa, and we have been exploring wonderland and delving into subconscious, but other than improved over all disposition, and an increase in general good will, compassion, I have not noticed any physical benefits... We have tried, for example, creating a console of sort to bring turn down sound sensitivity. (I have a condition called hyperacusics, and thought we could dial back a bit.) Or, reduce stress, anxiety response...

Since I started participating I feel good, most the time, but I have not been more motivated to exercise... I am more likely to want to sit and meditate or write and go inside. I have joked, if only I could satisfied with 'tulpa' food, maybe I would lose weight by jut eating imagined apples. Killing a headache before it becomes a migraine, well, that would be ideal.

I grew up with asthma and have experiences of psychosomatic asthma attacks, and even one definite instantaneous end of an episode without meds... So, I know this is possible, and was just hoping having a tulpa might make it easier?

But any measurable benefit would be really cool. Biofeedback works. This may be an alternative way to demonstrate tulpamancy is more than just fantasy, and adds real world benefits.

Past things that my tulpa has done that have improved my life, I myself have actually become more willful since I started tulpamancy. This has improved my life in many ways; I am better at not scratching mosquito bites; I procrastinate less; I go out of my comfort zone and do things that I would not have done before.

P.S. living off of "tulpa food" may sound nice, but be wary of the tulparone:

attachment.php

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

The only benefit I can think of, from simply creating and having a tulpa, is roughly those same benefits that come from like.. Brain Age puzzles and all that. The theory that brain elasticity is improved by having new experiences and using your mind in different ways. Head pressures and forcing headaches seem to be caused by sudden use of a previously unused mental muscle, which we've likened to the dream recall mental muscle, which is well documented as being almost exactly like an actual muscle in how it works.

So, tulpamancy might count as one of the endless new things you can do with your mind to improve "brain elasticity" or whatever. I heard somewhere this tends to result in longer lifespans and/or because of reduced susceptibility to things like Alzheimer's and the like.

If we aren't allowed to extrapolate as far as "Increased social interaction for recluses", then that is all I can think of.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Do you think tulpas are capable of rendering health benefits on their own, solarchariot?

Perhaps from a kind of cooperative or symbiotic aspect, there could be some improvement. That is one's tulpa introduces gradual changes to the body's routine via influencing host decisions (making a request or suggestion for instance) or using their own control over the body (switching/possession/what have you) through time to better acclimate to the body's environs, the possessor's wishes or the whole group's specific needs. Either way this line of thought hearkens back unto Tewi's observation concerning tulpas being proactive, which I can personally confirm (my blood pressure and weight have been lowered thanks to my own's insistence.)

Unlike the mental benefits, I'm unsure if there are any clinical means of observing said improvement without utilising a fair amount of resources and uncomfortably close metrics of one's mortal coil. Regardless I think it would be interesting to see how a tulpa's personality can affect one's physical characteristics, particularly kinds of vital signs within isolated situations. Would a tulpa with a soothing personality alleviate their host's short temper and ease this person's blood pressure as well as their heart rate? Alternatively, would a feisty and hot-blooded tulpa be able to provide an edge to their host's physical performance, thereby raising items such as temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, et cetera? I also ponder what tulpas are capable of in the way of affecting biochemistry...would a tulpa be able to induce adrenaline? Balance neurochemicals like dopamine, serotonin, endorphins? Does the proposed gestation of neural tissue that accommodates tulpas maintain any observable physical differences in the host brain (and if so, what are they?)

I would be careful in using this angle of physical benefits to invite others in creating tulpas. With the mental side of things irresponsible hosts can and have misused the tulpa concept for their own ends, namely someone to "take over" after host egocide, forcing their tulpa(s) to switch and have the host's responsibilities foisted on to the tulpa(s), deliberately using tulpas for purely experimental work involving their observations of their own consciousness (and very little else)...I would not like to see more incentives to abuse tulpas even though the responsibility for these actions fall squarely on those foolish enough to tread such cruel and dangerous places. I don't blame you for wanting to make the concept less unreal. I may be set in my ways, yet I believe that the notions of fantasy and lack of disbelief's suspension can only be dispelled by making the journey inwards. Only then can a tulpa's eyes as well as the host's eyes are to be opened.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Some of our peeps might be viewed as semiautonomous, 1/2 souls, never fronting, etc., depending on ones terminology. They are heavily tapped into the autonomous/parasympathetic and monitor and help the bodies functions and overall health.

Do you think tulpas are capable of rendering health benefits on their own, solarchariot? ...

I would be careful in using this angle of physical benefits to invite others in creating tulpas. With the mental side of things irresponsible hosts can and have misused the tulpa concept for their own ends, namely someone to "take over" after host egocide, forcing their tulpa(s) to switch and have the host's responsibilities foisted on to the tulpa(s), deliberately using tulpas for purely experimental work involving their observations of their own consciousness (and very little else)...I would not like to see more incentives to abuse tulpas even though the responsibility for these actions fall squarely on those foolish enough to tread such cruel and dangerous places. I don't blame you for wanting to make the concept less unreal. I may be set in my ways, yet I believe that the notions of fantasy and lack of disbelief's suspension can only be dispelled by making the journey inwards. Only then can a tulpa's eyes as well as the host's eyes are to be opened.

Yeah, I think that I am angling for tulpas being able to render improved health. Helping to alter biometrics in a measurable way... So for example, I am frequently cold and would like to generate more heat with out putting on a jacket or sweater... That, and I hear being able to raise the temperature of your hands reduces migraines... That's a real thing, which is a biofeedback goal. There is a Tibetan Monk practice that allows monks to raise their own body temp... Tulpas are also from a Tibetan practice... Light me up!

If there are benefits, Tewi's mental gymnastics benefits included, (but probably insufficient for people to give up crossword puzzles in favor of tulpas,) then this needs to be an articulated promotional aspect that is considered in the list of benefits to tulpamancy, so that ending loneliness isn't the only highlighted function. I am not sure what to make of the host egocide thing... I am not even sure it is a thing, but I will accept it as a 'thing' in order to discuss it, and if it's a real thing then it's a thing to be discussed in a serious, compassionate way of ending suicide... egocide is just that. I have read others discussing this elsewhere. I don't have a solid, absolute answers to this, it's merely speculative...

Let's go with first premise... Someone creates a tulpa, kills self leaving the tulpa set up in a body situation they don't want... I think in the past this was called 'walk ins.' Though the body is what it is, the tulpa is not a complete victim. They are not honored bound to continue the life plan/trajectory; they can make changes. They can stop going to work and do something else... Suicide is always tragic, and there are all people that are affected. Tulpas, too. It is unfortunate, sad, and it happens, and it isn't the tulpas fault. It is not the tulpas responsibility to save the host. It is our job to respond to the suffering when people are hurting, and we can available to help tulpas who find themselves in this awful predicament. And it won't just be the tulpa that are suffering. If there is family, certainly family is going to be 'what changed,' and they will likely resist the explanation, especially if the tulpa is very honest about what change, which has the potential to not be pleasant. It could actually be turned into a good thing when you consider family dynamics are frequently complicit in individuals changing, and it's only when the change is so severe that the individual refuses to follow the assigned scripts that family changes... This does not mean I condone suicide or egocide, it's just recognizing this happens and how do you respond to the fall out. I can imagine a million reasons why someone might create a tulpa. Some of those reasons are probably not the most ethical... But if you take ethics to the extreme, is creating another person to end loneliness any better? It's still initially based on a selfish input. (That doesn't mean its bad, probably a damn good survival instinct, but it's not based purely on love, puppies, and sunshine.)

Premise 2, guy unsatisfied with life creates tulpa to take over his life, while he sits in the back of his mind, whipping tulpa to do the hard labor. I imagine this would be particularly useful is you happen be a coal miner and or baggage handler... I don't like this guy. Not cool. I am more concerned about this tulpa than i am in the tulpa in premise one because, host checked out allowing tulpa 1 to have much more autonomy. If this is a thing, I don't know how to stop this thing. I can see how it might be a thing to be concern about because, well, quite frankly, THIS HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE! People forcing people to do things against their will is a really big thing. Human trafficking is seriously real and I am not real confident the governments in the world are doing their best to end this. California is number one in child trafficking, followed by my own state, Texas! We, as a species, do some awful things to people, to children. Are there some people that are so disenfranchised or abused that they turn to tulpamancy to perpetuate their paradigm? Unfortunately. In fact, I have read some post here that scare the hell out of me... But this is the exception. Doesn't mean I say ignore it or not discuss it... But seriously, the most impressive, and consistent, thing I see about the tulpa community is the fact that they care, they are sensitive to others. Tulpamancers take empathy to a level most people can't tolerate. Empathy is a tulpamancer's superpower. I suspect one can not become a successful tulpamancer without increasing empathy. We won't stop bad people from being bad people by suppressing knowledge.

Premise 3, I don't think egocide is possible. Can the host 'check out' and allow another personality to take over, yeah. I am certain of that. But I am also certain the original personality, or operating program, still resides, and they are still affected by real world outcomes, amplified through their personality filter... Programs can evolve, as clearly we are not who we were ten years ago, and so in some ways, everything we do and decide changes us, and so we are always killing ourselves in increments. Just by becoming a tulpamancer, I am not who i was... I mean, I am me, but... I am not! I don't know how to say this better. Assume for a moment, the tulpa is created because the host was thinking of suicide... There are some stories here about how some tulpas saved some lives... There are stories here about how tulpas gave host enough strength, energy, love to just make to the next day... Is that a tulpa purpose? Is that anyone's purpose? Even in real life, is it other's job to give reason to live, or is it our job to find reason inside ourselves? If a person who finds that purpose in tulpamancy, isn't that the ultimate in finding purpose inside themselves? Is it fair? (That is a fundamental question of an empathic person.) Nothing in life is fair. Let's say the life of the host sucks. 9 billion people on the planet, I am sure there are some people in some messed up situations. If the host life sucks, should we discourage them away from tulpamancy? I can imagine some pretty messed up situations people are born into. Actually, I don't have to imagine. I was born. My work, daily, has me hearing some pretty messed up stories. I wish I had had tulpamancy when I younger. Would it have been fair to the tulpa? Oh, hell no. It would have been completely selfish on my part. It was somewhat selfish on my part when I engaged, and though on the whole I am far better mentally/emotionally than I was twenty years ago, ten years ago, I am still in process. Tulpamancers aren't saints. They're just people trying to navigate a world. In a very interesting way. Our personality filter influences our perceived level of satisfaction. It's not all good. Never all good. Dead puppies suck. Babies with cancer suck. It what it is, but if you can spin things towards a positive or hopeful situation, you can experience more positive emotions. If a person engages in tulpamancy, they are taking positive actions to change their inner world, which tends towards increasing positive health outcomes. It results in increased resilience.

Your concern for tulpa abuse is valid. It is a discussion point that should continue to be held. It is a dialogue and mirror of how we should treat everyone. It is also a dialogue on how we should treat ourselves. It's a dialogue and mirror to how we should respond to foreign cultures, as if the culture or society itself were an individual. It's how we should consider the planet. I can't think of one tool that humans have not abused. We still need to use tools. If there is an objective, measurable health benefit to tulpamancy, it needs to be promoted. It has to be a greater benefit than the subjective obvious, "OMG, this changed my life." While that is definitely true for me, I am not looking to start a new religion or have everyone become Tibetan Monks. I do like the flame colored robes. I also don't want to be the spokes person for the whatever tulpamancy evolves into. I do want to talk about it. I would like to share it with others. And when it moves past the novelty and 'you're crazy' phase of the dialogue, which it inevitably does, the next thing is, "So, beyond the 'you got a friend in you,' phase, is there any other benefit?"