Tulpa Community Census 2018

Help vampires
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 11
4 Attached Accounts

RE: Help vampires

The only way the Forum Games could negatively affect anything at all is by appearing in the View Daily Posts search. Honestly, I've seen that search without Forum Games or Progress Reports, and it is discouragingly empty. I may only see three threads in a day that are interesting enough click and read through, but the progress reports and to a lesser extent forum games at least gives a sense of activity.

Forum Games serves as a possible distracter from tulpamancy just as much as Youtube or Reddit. That's a non-problem. If anything, the fact that it keeps people around the forum for longer is better than if they went and watched Youtube, because then they might end up participating somewhere else too.

Or not. Then they're just a non-factor. I totally agree there. Detriment, however, means harm or damage.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
03-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Vos Offline
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 18

The forum games do sometimes keep people from working on their tulpas, but everything else on the internet could distract them just the same. Anyway, this thread is about those help vampires and what we could do to fix that, not forum games.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016, 01:55 AM by Vos.)
03-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Find Reply
Stevie Offline
& Chris, Tag Team Champs
Registered

Threads: 7

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed. A google search bar would be cool, although I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the current search system, maybe a bar at the top of the page would be more inviting.

A lot of tulpa stuff boils down to being able to interpret and understand what's happening in someone's own head, and if someone doesn't have the critical thought to be able to do that, and is depending on someone else to do it for them, then that's a problem that all the wikis and search bars in the world won't be able to help with.

To address Sock's ideas about how people don't talk about their tulpas a ton despite that being the topic of the forum: I mean shit, no one likes being critiqued online, and I think that this is something that takes some gall to talk about even in general terms. That's just me though, I got smeared a little on a twitter page poking fun at the "cringeworthy" aspects of the tulpa community so maybe I'm assuming a shyness of others that isn't there.

Cut and dry answers aren't going to spark much new conversation, either, on the flip side. If we work more on getting more information from the person who's asking a question we've all seen a hundred times, maybe we can learn something. It's about creating new discourse about something that's been discussed to death.

We're all gonna make it brah.
04-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 11
4 Attached Accounts

I'm just gonna bump this because.. Uh, no reason.. Every thread being made right now is super original and helpful. But y'know. Jean-luc put a lot of effort into this thread so I'm bumping it for no other reason!

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
01-30-2018, 12:01 PM
Find Reply